Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#142482 - 08/01/08 02:18 PM Re: Vehicle Bugout -Traffic Lights - MIRT? [Re: Russ]
Dan_McI Offline
Old Hand

Loc: NYC
I think there was a thread a short while ago that discussed what to do to defnd oneself against a dog attack, begun by dweste IIRC.

And IIRC, one dog was not considered a big worry by many. If you send your dog, that is your family pet, out to protect your personal property, you may be more upset at losing your family pet than you would be at losing something else.

I know someone that used to go on board ships, some from a terminal in Brooklyn. There was a point in time that you needed to have the guard take you to the ship because the terminal was guarded by dogs. Then it was no longer needed, because someone stole the dogs.

#142491 - 08/01/08 03:46 PM Re: Vehicle Bugout -Traffic Lights - MIRT? [Re: Am_Fear_Liath_Mor]
benjammin Offline
Rapscallion
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Anchorage AK
Trying to flip traffic lights like that would be akin to driving around neighborhoods pushing your garage opener remote button. You'd be about as likely of hitting the right code for any given light.

Beyond that, bugout with a motorcycle in an urban setting. Short of a jetpack, that is about the only other way you can hope to escape in a short time period.

#142539 - 08/01/08 08:17 PM Re: Vehicle Bugout -Traffic Lights - MIRT? [Re: MartinFocazio]
epirider Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Wyoming, USA
I have not been in the forum for quite a while and obviously things have changed. I was under the impression that this forum was to "toss ideas around, learn, ponder and DISCUSS them" with peers of equal stature and idealism. I am not one to judge. With that said I have learned that this thread is something that I have never thought of, probably will never need and that others that are in a position of needing to get out of a large metropolis may need to consider other possibilities. Just my opinion, and like everyone elses is subjected to rejection.

#142578 - 08/02/08 01:45 AM Re: Vehicle Bugout -Traffic Lights - MIRT? [Re: epirider]
MRPrice Offline

Loc: Tulsa, OK. United States of Am...
No ones mentioned it so I may have my fact wrong but I thought these devices worked by turning ALL lights RED.

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
1 registered (SRMC), 332 Guests and 70 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:21 PM
Zippo Butane Inserts
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:11 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Using a Compass Without a Map
by KenK
02/28/24 12:22 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.