Page 6 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#139733 - 07/15/08 08:52 PM Re: Snares and Traps [Re: Chaotiklown]
Blast Offline
INTERCEPTOR
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: TX
Quote:
It'll sting when you receive the "I told you so", when I hop back on this forum and let you guys know how it went afterwards-

I would be most pleased to eat that crow upon your success.

My fear is ETS might somehow be held accountable if you fail in a crippling or fatal manner.

-Blast

Radio Call Sign: KI5BOG
*As an Amazon Influencer, I may earn a sales commission on Amazon links in my posts.

#139752 - 07/16/08 12:02 AM Re: Snares and Traps [Re: Blast]
Chaotiklown Offline
:-)
Journeyman

Loc: South Carolina, USA
Originally Posted By: Blast

My fear is ETS might somehow be held accountable if you fail in a crippling or fatal manner.

-Blast

This is a legitimate enough concern Sir- However, I've stated a few times that I am not on this forum to be influenced one way or the other-

I will be going on this trip, regardless of opinions that I should not. My presence on this forum is only to obtain whatever information I can to make it more survivable for me- I know my chances quite well, and am at complete terms with them... and I take full responsibility if anything should go wrong, no reason to blame anyone here-

#139758 - 07/16/08 12:50 AM Re: Snares and Traps [Re: Chaotiklown]
Blast Offline
INTERCEPTOR
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: TX
I am not trying to influence you, I am trying to influence others to stop yelling "Jump!". Actually, I do not think you'll die, I think you'll quit before the end of the fourth day in the woods. Truly, your possible death means nothing to me. My fear is Doug Ritter will end up losing his shirt defending himself against a lawsuit brought against him by your family.

You have said you relish telling me "I told you so." I wonder if you will be man enough to return here if you fail at "living in the woods for a month or more"? It's one thing to walk down country roads for weeks, it's a whole other thing to survive in the wilds without the experience to do so.

-Blast

p.s. Oh yeah, it's not "Sir" it's "Doctor".
Radio Call Sign: KI5BOG
*As an Amazon Influencer, I may earn a sales commission on Amazon links in my posts.

#139777 - 07/16/08 02:19 AM Re: Snares and Traps [Re: Chaotiklown]
OldBaldGuy Offline
Geezer

Loc: Former AFB in CA, recouping fr...
"...have to obtain licenses for EVERY single county..."

Not county, but state. And then there are the seasons. Not all fish/game is in season all of the time. And in some states non-resident licenses are only good for a few days. And can be expensive...

#139780 - 07/16/08 02:25 AM Re: Snares and Traps [Re: Chaotiklown]
OldBaldGuy Offline
Geezer

"...Someone tells me to stop or revise what I'm doing..."

Be advised, you will probably NOT just be told to stop, you will be told to sign here, and press hard, there are four copies. That is if you are not hooked up and put in the back seat. And in some states, if a fish cop catches you doing something illegal, they also keep your gear...

#139781 - 07/16/08 02:32 AM Re: Snares and Traps [Re: Chaotiklown]
OldBaldGuy Offline
Geezer

"...I take full responsibility if anything should go wrong, no reason to blame anyone here..."

I suspect that is the only reason many here keep contributing info to you...

#140001 - 07/17/08 02:24 PM Re: Snares and Traps [Re: OldBaldGuy]
SwampDonkey Offline
Veteran

Loc: Northeastern Ontario, Canada
Fitzoid, Mike_H and OBG,

Your replies in this thread speak the truth; our friend needs to do some research on the Fish and Wildlife websites of the jusisdictions he intends to visit.

If he intends to "live off the land" without regard to local Natural Resources legislation he is near assured to have difficulties with the law.

Mike

#140003 - 07/17/08 02:26 PM Re: Snares and Traps [Re: SwampDonkey]
Mike_H Offline
Addict

Loc: SE PA
Ironically, having proper licenses for the areas he will be going through proves more to LE that he is on the up-and-up and isn't just a vagrant.

#140159 - 07/17/08 11:01 PM Re: Snares and Traps [Re: Chaotiklown]
backwoodsman Offline
Stranger

Hello everyone.

Being new I scanned the posts to get up to speed with the topic and found them most interesting. I do want to wish Chaotiklown good luck on his adventure. I think the four day excursion was one of good sense in that it is long enough to test his skills, but brief enough to not put himself into any real danger with common sense applied. I think he has the option to trap where he can (legally) and supplement is diet with some lightweight packables.

My advice would be to enjoy the trip because it's not a race but an adventure. Take the time to look for opportunities as you travel and I believe the one thing you will gain the most from will be your education on time management of your days. Learning when to make camp, fine tuning your senses, and really seeing the beauty of nature.

Good luck and happy trails,
Backwoodsman

#140161 - 07/17/08 11:13 PM Re: Snares and Traps [Re: backwoodsman]
SwampDonkey Offline
Veteran

Loc: Northeastern Ontario, Canada
Sound thoughts Backwoodsman and Welcome to the Forum Newguy!

Mike

Page 6 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 269 Guests and 21 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:21 PM
Zippo Butane Inserts
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:11 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Using a Compass Without a Map
by KenK
02/28/24 12:22 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.