The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Topic Options
#139386 - 07/11/08 01:11 AM Re: -------My Journey------ [Re: falcon5000]
OldBaldGuy Offline
Geezer

Loc: Former AFB in CA, recouping fr...
I guess we could refer him to the story of Ishi, but we are talking apples and oranges. Ishi just finally got tired of living alone...

#139391 - 07/11/08 01:49 AM Re: -------My Journey------ [Re: OldBaldGuy]
Chaotiklown Offline
:-)
Journeyman

Loc: South Carolina, USA
Originally Posted By: OldBaldGuy
You gonna charge the laptop battery by solar, or do you have another plan in mind? How 'bout reception? Integrated wireless, or an aircard like we have, probably won't work out in the boonies...

:-)Well sir, I am more than aware of the likelihood in my coming across an electree that I can plug my laptop into. Far as charging it, I'll find myself a receptacle somewhere eventually. Initially while I'm in the woods, I don't plan on using the laptop at all. But I'll be moving toward towns towards my destinations, and I'll end up in all sorts of places... Will probably make notes as I go along, making plans on what knowledge to obtain when I do get access, so I end up making good use of my time.

The Verizon card express card that I use right now will no longer be active, so all I'll have is the integrated wireless card. In that case, there are many little cafes and restaurants which have free access, so I can always pop it out and lock in. Also, apartment complexes usually have a few connections, and some will be unsecured.

Originally Posted By: OldBaldGuy
I guess we could refer him to the story of Ishi, but we are talking apples and oranges. Ishi just finally got tired of living alone...

I read it, and it definitely is interesting- True enough, it's not really a comparison to the purposes of my journey, but it is a good example of what can be done with even primitive tools, lack of technology. I'm gonna have a dang pack full of stuff to use.

#139393 - 07/11/08 02:13 AM Re: -------My Journey------ [Re: MoBOB]
Chaotiklown Offline
:-)
Journeyman

Loc: South Carolina, USA
Originally Posted By: MoBOB

Could you clarify what your ultimate goals are?

There is no way I could go into all of my ultimate goals here-That isn't what this forum is for, I don't want to crowd it up with irrelevant information. If you would like to do that, I can through e-mail or private messages. For the purposes of this
forum, I'll simply say that I see a LOT of problems with society, both specific and in general, that I wish to make change- Exactly how, I'm not sure yet- All I know is what has failed so far... The purpose of this trip around the country is for self-direction.

Originally Posted By: MoBOB

Also, how will life be better for other people (family) if you survive this journey since you have, I perceive, a disregard for them to begin with? They may be happy you are alive, in general, but I'm not sure the wounds of being discarded will really heal. It seems a little contradictory to me.

I have to say first that I have NO disregard for my family. I love them very much. They took care of me from the time that I was born, up until about 16- and they still help me to this day. I see the point in taking care of them when they can't take care of themselves, so I will most definitely be back- I know it hurts them to go now, and not everyone I know understands. But I look forward with the future of possibly being able to make them proud, once I have achieved my goal(s).

#139403 - 07/11/08 04:02 AM Re: -------My Journey------ [Re: Chaotiklown]
MoBOB Offline
Veteran

Loc: here
Fair enough....

Last comment....As I tell my daughter (your age) that it is more important that she be confident and proud of herself in her own eyes. The confidence and pride from others will follow.

Prepare well; Journey with determination; Enjoy the discoveries.

I wish you great success.

#139407 - 07/11/08 05:14 AM Re: -------My Journey------ [Re: Chaotiklown]
Chris Kavanaugh Offline
Carpal Tunnel

I suggest you read Joseph Campbell's Hero of a Thousand Faces before you start this Vision Quest. The anti authority remarks stop- now.

Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 406 Guests and 28 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
People Are Not Paying Attention
by Jeanette_Isabelle
Yesterday at 01:15 PM
USCG rescue fishermen frm deserted island
by brandtb
04/17/24 11:35 PM
Silver
by brandtb
04/16/24 10:32 PM
EDC Reduction
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/16/24 03:13 PM
New York Earthquake
by chaosmagnet
04/09/24 12:27 PM
Bad review of a great backpack..
by Herman30
04/08/24 08:16 AM
Our adorable little earthquake
by Phaedrus
04/06/24 02:42 AM
Amanda Nenigar found dead
by Phaedrus
04/05/24 04:39 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.