Old Hand

Loc: wellington, fl
Hallelujah....and Amen-

#138031 - 06/28/08 05:25 PM Re: March or Die [Re: bsmith]
Mike_H Offline
Addict

Loc: SE PA
Completely inappropriate posts.

We must remember that we have people of varying ages reading these posts.

I, myself, have been called a hick many times. I grew up in the mountains of PA. Our property ran right next to state game lands. I am quite comfortable heading out into the woods with very little. Is this the smartest thing to do? Nope. Not worth tempting fate. Once you give me a little equipment, I'm that much safer and more prepared.

Can't get much worse than having D.R. wield the ban hammer. ;-)

Edited by Mike_H (06/28/08 05:28 PM)

#138038 - 06/28/08 06:23 PM Re: March or Die [Re: ]
JCWohlschlag Offline
Old Hand

Loc: Sterling, Virginia, United Sta...
You are partially correct. I do maintain… “Mein haupten.” (Yes, I had to look that up on Google Translate because, no, I do not speak German. I was born in Southern California, thanks.) I follow the rules as best I can because I choose to. I agreed with the rules when I created my account because I consider the rules to be reasonable. I follow any “orders” of the admins and moderators because I have yet to see any orders from them that are out of line or unreasonable in any way.

If either of those conditions changes for the worse, my decision to participate here might also change for the worse. It is as simple as that. Fortunately, it is also an unlikely scenario.

So obviously the admins and moderators do not control my life. They only control my presence on this forum which, coincidentally, is their job.

Like I stated before, the admins and moderators here do a darn good job in my opinion. In fact, they do a good job with a lot more leniency and patience than what I would give, hence the reason you have made it to 18 posts. Congratulations!

#138043 - 06/28/08 07:27 PM Re: March or Die [Re: JCWohlschlag]
Art_in_FL Offline
Pooh-Bah

It makes me wonder exactly what sort of person would willingly and with full knowledge of the rules and atmosphere go into a situation and then complain about the rules and atmosphere being too confining.

To what end would one do this?

Certainly he couldn't be so deluded as to think he is 'bringing freedom' to the regulars, the downtrodden masses 'yearning to breath free', in the stultifying and oppressive atmosphere of ETS. I don't see this forum as being oppressed by an authoritarian regime. I have to assume everyone comes here of their own free will and can leave when they see fit.

Is this person nursing a persecution complex? A weak personality that takes rejection as a badge of being misunderstood, different, more free, and somehow, superior? Cultivating a petulant and irritated 'rebel without a cause' affect both for the benefit of the audience and to cultivate their own self-image?

Imagine if someone was to come to you and say that they go to sites on the internet with the express purpose of irritating people until they get banned. And they say they do this so they can feel good about themselves. Assume you were going camping. Is this the sort of person you want to take with you? In a potential survival situation is this the type you want around?

#138045 - 06/28/08 07:41 PM Re: March or Die [Re: Art_in_FL]
Mike_H Offline
Addict

One could say that a survival skill is the ability to get along with people. If you were to go into a situation and rub everyone the wrong way, you can easily figure out who would get "voted off the island"...

#138047 - 06/28/08 07:42 PM Re: March or Die [Re: Mike_H]
NeighborBill Offline
Enthusiastic
Enthusiast

Loc: Oklahoma City
I prefer "booted off the Island" smile

#138048 - 06/28/08 07:46 PM Re: March or Die [Re: NeighborBill]
OldBaldGuy Offline
Geezer

Loc: Former AFB in CA, recouping fr...
Personally, I am not going to waste my time responding to courierdebois anymore, he is just looking to pick a fight with anyone over anything...

#138049 - 06/28/08 07:51 PM Re: March or Die [Re: Art_in_FL]
JCWohlschlag Offline
Old Hand

Loc: Sterling, Virginia, United Sta...
Originally Posted By: Art_in_FL
Is this the sort of person you want to take with you? In a potential survival situation is this the type you want around?

Excellent point. It truly does fly in the face of the “adapt to your environment” survival mentality. Aimlessly complaining about how much the environment or situation you find yourself to be a part of usually doesn’t do much to improve your circumstances. It goes back to the first thing you should do in a survival situation: S.T.O.P. Apparently this S.T.O.P. technique also applies to minor undesirable situations as well as life-threatening ones… apparently the ‘S’ can also stand for ‘Shut up.’

#138064 - 06/28/08 10:37 PM Re: March or Die [Re: NeighborBill]
Art_in_FL Offline
Pooh-Bah

Originally Posted By: Mike_H
One could say that a survival skill is the ability to get along with people. If you were to go into a situation and rub everyone the wrong way, you can easily figure out who would get "voted off the island"...

Originally Posted By: billy.guttery
I prefer "booted off the Island" smile

Perhaps it could be phrased as: 'First to get the short straw when the food runs out'.

#138097 - 06/29/08 12:04 PM Re: March or Die [Re: Art_in_FL]
Mike_H Offline
Addict

Nice...

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 474 Guests and 15 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Zippo Butane Inserts
by NAro
Today at 11:57 AM
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
03/27/24 11:21 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.