Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 9 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Topic Options
#137768 - 06/26/08 02:37 PM Re: Another Chris Reeve Disappointment [Re: ]
TheSock Offline
Addict

Loc: London England
Originally Posted By: Hacksaw
I definately misunderstood how your laws work.

All of the other suggestions have been great ones.

uh? you were the first to suggest what most agree is the best idea; a mora.
and my SAK champ never leaves my side; thanks bill. In the UK it's the best all round knife. I don't understand why everyone doesn't carry one. But then this site would be a bit bigger if everyoen thought like us...
The Sock

#137771 - 06/26/08 03:36 PM Re: Another Chris Reeve Disappointment [Re: TheSock]
BillLiptak Offline
Enthusiast

+1 on the swisschamp, I too carry it in addition to any other knives/multi-tools I strap on for the day....been carring one since 9th grade high school, 25+ years, minus the last4-5 years when I carried only a multi-tool because I lost it in a move and got too lazy to replace it. Got another one this christmas and never realized how much I trully missed it.

-Bill Liptak

#137787 - 06/26/08 04:40 PM Re: Another Chris Reeve Disappointment [Re: TheSock]
Hacksaw
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: TheSock
Originally Posted By: Hacksaw
I definately misunderstood how your laws work.

All of the other suggestions have been great ones.

uh? you were the first to suggest what most agree is the best idea; a mora.
and my SAK champ never leaves my side; thanks bill. In the UK it's the best all round knife. I don't understand why everyone doesn't carry one. But then this site would be a bit bigger if everyoen thought like us...
The Sock

I suggested the Mora because I thought you would have to leave it here.

#137833 - 06/26/08 07:14 PM Re: Another Chris Reeve Disappointment [Re: ]
TheSock Offline
Addict

> I suggested the Mora because I thought you would have to
> leave it here.

The reality is; I might as well. I've no use for it in the UK where I can't light fires or cut wood. It all belongs to someone. So thanks for the advice.
The Sock

#138017 - 06/28/08 02:52 PM Re: Another Chris Reeve Disappointment [Re: BillLiptak]
Brangdon Offline
Veteran

Loc: Nottingham, UK
Originally Posted By: BillLiptak
Thanks for the clarification, although I was only referring to having to ditch the locking folders. I didn't think the ditching of the fixed blade was needed, although it might be problematic (i.e. Less than legal) transporting it to and from the airport.
Legally, locking folders are no worse than fixed-blade knives. You can carry either in a public place if you have a good reason, and you can have either in private places without needing the reason.

Quote:
As a side note, if its not illegal to own a locking blade, just carry it, another option could be to just ship it to your house prior to flying home.
It's not illegal to carry it if you have a good reason, any bringing it home after a trip abroad would be a good reason. So you don't need to ship it.

#138355 - 07/01/08 03:56 PM Re: Another Chris Reeve Disappointment [Re: BillLiptak]
TheSock Offline
Addict

Originally Posted By: BillLiptak
+1 on the swisschamp, I too carry it in addition to any other knives/multi-tools I strap on for the day....been carring one since 9th grade high school, 25+ years, minus the last4-5 years when I carried only a multi-tool because I lost it in a move and got too lazy to replace it. Got another one this christmas and never realized how much I trully missed it.

-Bill Liptak

Let me guess: you're wife bought you one? that is what happened to me. I lost mine I'd had for 14 years in a november, so she got me one for christmas, as she could see I'd be lost without one.
They know us better than we know ourselves!
The Sock

#138381 - 07/01/08 09:10 PM Re: Another Chris Reeve Disappointment [Re: TheSock]
BillLiptak Offline
Enthusiast

She actually had her mom get it for me, that way she/we could spoil our nephew and neices and her mom didn't have to guess as what to get me. Smart, conniving, and absolutely wonderful. She loves her little boy scout, even as she thinks I'm outta my mind half the times.

-Bill Liptak

#138425 - 07/02/08 09:17 AM Re: Another Chris Reeve Disappointment [Re: BillLiptak]
TheSock Offline
Addict

Let Bill and my fate be a warning to you single men out there. Never Ever assume you will run rings round them when you are married! :-)
The Sock

#138434 - 07/02/08 11:58 AM Re: Another Chris Reeve Disappointment [Re: ]
ulfhedinn Offline

Loc: Europe
Originally Posted By: IzzyJG99
This seasons National Geographic Adventurer was about "The Science of Survival" and how to "Survive (Almost) Anything." Guess what knife they picked as the best overall survival knife? The USCMC Ka-Bar.

Is this the June/July issue? I will try to find it!

Page 9 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 227 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
What did you do today to prepare?
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/06/24 06:18 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Using a Compass Without a Map
by KenK
02/28/24 12:22 AM
China and Taiwan
by brandtb
02/19/24 02:18 PM
No More Ritter Knives?
by KenK
02/19/24 01:33 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.