Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#137087 - 06/22/08 01:19 AM Re: Paradigm shift [Re: AROTC]
Angel Offline

Probably not the best idea to base anything on what's on TV. Not sure where you live but where I live we treat others as we would want to be treated. We don't have a need to dominate anyone. We help each other, and by that I mean we do what needs to be done without assigning gender to each task or keeping score.

#137090 - 06/22/08 02:55 AM Re: Paradigm shift [Re: Angel]
AROTC Offline
Addict

Loc: Manhattan
Sounds like a good way to live. I hope I didn't lead you to believe I base either my life or views of other people's lives on TV. My theory though is that if I see a concept on a sitcom or the news, its probably not a successful strategy. On the topic of TV, you do have to wonder how much of TV is art imitating life, or just as scary how much of life is starting to imitate art.

#137094 - 06/22/08 03:31 AM Re: Paradigm shift [Re: AROTC]
Angel Offline

I don't really spend alot of time watching tv. Seems like a big waste of time. I'd much rather experience life for myself rather than watch someone elses concept of it.

#137141 - 06/22/08 02:36 PM Re: Mau-Mau [Re: NeighborBill]
NeighborBill Offline
Enthusiastic
Enthusiast

Loc: Oklahoma City
The creepiest thing happened yesterday regarding my missing cat. We assumed she was killed by a big tomcat that's been beating up all of the outside kitties. She'd been gone for days and we'd written her off. Right after I posted the message about her, I went outside to get some tomatoes from the garden...and there she was. Not a scratch on her.

Not a dry eye in the house after that.

Anywho, thank you, kitty guardian angels.

#137149 - 06/22/08 03:16 PM Re: Mau-Mau [Re: NeighborBill]
Angel Offline

I'm glad your kitty came home safe. Sometimes they just need a vacation. I think they take little trips like that just to check out what the neighbors are feeding their cats.

#137167 - 06/22/08 06:35 PM Re: Paradigm shift [Re: Angel]
Dan_McI Offline
Old Hand

Loc: NYC
Originally Posted By: Angel
Here's an interesting idea. Why not treat women like people.

I think I do.

Isn't what was discussed people skills?

I really don't think that men or women often want all the things they say they want. We want others to set limits for us, and others want us to set limits for them. Which is why I would never tell a amn to surrenderall to his wife.

Edited by Dan_McI (06/22/08 06:40 PM)

#137173 - 06/22/08 07:38 PM Re: Paradigm shift [Re: Dan_McI]
Angel Offline

I will not allow limits set on me by anyone,no exceptions.I'm not about to let someone else decide what it takes to be me. I also don't want to be responsible for anyone elses life. If your an adult then you know what the limits are. IMO, No one should surrender to anyone else unless thats what they want to do, in which case, I don't see it as surrendering so much as I see it as just agreeing.

#137219 - 06/23/08 01:15 AM Re: Mau-Mau [Re: NeighborBill]
Jeanette_Isabelle Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Nacogdoches, Texas
Originally Posted By: billy.guttery
The creepiest thing happened yesterday regarding my missing cat. We assumed she was killed by a big tomcat that's been beating up all of the outside kitties. She'd been gone for days and we'd written her off. Right after I posted the message about her, I went outside to get some tomatoes from the garden...and there she was. Not a scratch on her.

That is good to hear. I don't know the age of your cat; if she is still around when she dies, you can give her a proper memorial. I regret not being able to do that for Sunset when she disappeared in November.

Jeanette Isabelle

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  MartinFocazio, Tyber 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
2 registered (NAro, Ren), 444 Guests and 27 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
03/27/24 11:21 PM
Zippo Butane Inserts
by dougwalkabout
03/27/24 11:11 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.