Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#136963 - 06/20/08 11:35 PM Re: Paradigm shift [Re: Dan_McI]
Art_in_FL Offline
Pooh-Bah

Sheesh. Y'all don't seem to be up on proper handling.

The Japanese method: Nod and smile, while saying "yes". The aggressor always takes that to mean your agreeing. When in fact "yes" is a just a admitting to hearing what they are saying. Always agree but leave the agreement provisional. Never contradict. Always phrase any possible disagreement as "Yes, but...".

Also there is the classic American variation: "Yes dear". Once again the "yes" means that your listening.

When the admiral speaks you stop whatever your doing, look her in the eyes, pay attention. Women need attention but in return they can often thrive on just being listened to and taken seriously. After she has said her piece give her a smart "Yes" and do what you were going to do anyway.

I thought everyone knew those rules.

#136987 - 06/21/08 04:15 AM Re: Paradigm shift [Re: Art_in_FL]
Angel Offline

Here's an interesting idea. Why not treat women like people.

#137016 - 06/21/08 04:11 PM Re: Paradigm shift [Re: Angel]
Jeanette_Isabelle Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Nacogdoches, Texas
Ive seen DW and DD mentioned many times. What do they stand for?

Jeanette Isabelle

#137017 - 06/21/08 04:11 PM Re: Paradigm shift [Re: Angel]
Jeanette_Isabelle Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Nacogdoches, Texas
Originally Posted By: Angel
Here's an interesting idea. Why not treat women like people.

That works for me.

Jeanette Isabelle

#137022 - 06/21/08 04:31 PM Re: Paradigm shift [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
NeighborBill Offline
Enthusiastic
Enthusiast

Loc: Oklahoma City
Darling Wife & Darling Daughter

#137023 - 06/21/08 04:32 PM Re: Paradigm shift [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
NeighborBill Offline
Enthusiastic
Enthusiast

Always have treated women like "people" since by definition that's what they are....

Heck, I even treat men and dogs like people.

Cats, no.

#137027 - 06/21/08 05:28 PM Re: Paradigm shift [Re: Angel]
Mike_H Offline
Addict

Loc: SE PA
I'm all for equality, but one can certainly see that men and women play by different rules during arguments.

#137043 - 06/21/08 07:54 PM Re: Paradigm shift [Re: Mike_H]
JCWohlschlag Offline
Old Hand

Loc: Sterling, Virginia, United Sta...
I can honestly say, through experience, that I have learned that different people argue in different ways. It ranges from a female friend of mine who can argue me into the floor using pure logic any day (I really do like her!) to an ex-girlfriend who can argue herself in circles without any outside help from me (I really don’t like her!). To each their own.

#137051 - 06/21/08 09:19 PM Mau-Mau [Re: JCWohlschlag]
NeighborBill Offline
Enthusiastic
Enthusiast

I still hold by the definition of "people" that does not include cats.

Blast, no disrespect to Oz, but I'm not a big fan.

Causes me no end of grief with the DW/DD coalition, but I was actually relieved when one of the "outside kitties" expired.

I'm not a cold person, I paid to have this kitty spayed (& her offspring neutered) , kept her fed, warm in the winter, fed her kids and kept them the same; but, we have our own beloved pets.

It's oft been said that dogs have owners, and cats have staff...I am not a staff person, I guess.

Current Pet-O-Phile: 2 inside cats (one from northern Cali and one from okie land), dog (breed: attention hound), fish (multiple varieties), and a rat named "hamster".

didn't mean to ramble...but I guess I do miss Mau.

#137078 - 06/22/08 12:35 AM Re: Paradigm shift [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
AROTC Offline
Addict

Loc: Manhattan
Unfortunately, in this country atleast, the tendency seems to be for women to treat men as animals who need to be trained. While men treat women as volcano goddess who must be placated but generally ignored. I'd say whatever works for people, but based on what I see on TV, I really doubt it works for anyone.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  MartinFocazio, Tyber 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
1 registered (SRMC), 332 Guests and 70 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:21 PM
Zippo Butane Inserts
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:11 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Using a Compass Without a Map
by KenK
02/28/24 12:22 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.