Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#136290 - 06/16/08 06:35 PM Re: Why You Need A Fast Mobilization Plan [Re: jmarkantes]
MartinFocazio Offline

Pooh-Bah

Loc: Bucks County PA
Originally Posted By: jmarkantes
There is a bit more to it;
http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/weather/06/16/iowa.floods/index.html
Quote:
After being denied re-entry to a flooded neighborhood, Rick Blazek, 53, returned to his vehicle as a state trooper used his police vehicle to block the checkpoint, according to the news release.

"Blazek drove his vehicle toward the state trooper and struck the state trooper three times with his vehicle," the release said.

Police told Blazek to get out of his vehicle, and when he refused, "the driver's window was broken out because the doors were locked and Blazek was removed from his vehicle," according to the release.

Hmm...you know, it's amazing to me how stuff like this even gets to this point.

#136294 - 06/16/08 07:25 PM Re: Why You Need A Fast Mobilization Plan [Re: ]
Nishnabotna Offline
Icon of Sin
Addict

Loc: Nebraska
From the article:
Quote:

"They have Red Cross, police department, fire department, and the people who they brought in -- the Marines and stuff, the National Guard -- have been excellent," she said. "They are keeping us out of our homes even though we're getting upset with them. We have no right because they're trying to protect us."

Am I too radical or is something wrong with that?

#136295 - 06/16/08 07:32 PM Re: Why You Need A Fast Mobilization Plan [Re: ]
Susan Offline
Geezer

Loc: W. WA
I have a neighbor, about the same age as idiot citizen Blazek, who would respond the same way. I know his (idiot) mother, and she gave him everything his little heart desired all his life. She is still paying his rent, and insurance on his five late-madel cars, and giving him multiple-thousand-dollar gifts. He no longer has his fairly lucrative job with the state because he punched out his supervisor. He lost his house because he decided that his cars were worth more than the fairly large equity he had in his nice home. He nearly punched out his new FIL (who had just had spinal surgery) when he had a temper tantrum in FIL's home, stopped because FIL swore he would have him jailed if he touched him. His teenaged son is becoming just like him.

There are more and more people like this, any LEO's nightmare. Spoiled, totally self-centered, dangerous. They probably look normal until you set them off (and it can be anything that does it).

If they will attack a police officer, they will probably do no less to a regular citizen. Their self-restraint has been short-circuited.

Sue

#136298 - 06/16/08 08:12 PM Re: Why You Need A Fast Mobilization Plan [Re: Susan]
OldBaldGuy Offline
Geezer

Loc: Former AFB in CA, recouping fr...
"...If they will attack a police officer, they will probably do no less to a regular citizen..."

With a few minor exceptions, YOU GOT IT!!!

#136303 - 06/16/08 08:44 PM Re: Why You Need A Fast Mobilization Plan [Re: OldBaldGuy]
Still_Alive Offline
Finally, I am a

Loc: Utah
Looks like the cops showed amazing restraint in this situation. After striking a cop 3 times with his car, this guy's lucky to be among the living.

#136317 - 06/16/08 09:51 PM Re: Why You Need A Fast Mobilization Plan [Re: Nishnabotna]
ironraven Offline
Cranky Geek
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Vermont
Originally Posted By: Nishnabotna

Am I too radical or is something wrong with that?

If you are, I'm right there with you comrade.

I don't blame the cops for dragging someone out of a vehicle after they've been bumped. But I think they should be looking at vehicles leaving with stuff like TVs in retail boxes rather than stressing about one guy trying to get back in SO LONG AS he doesn't seem to be a nut. Like this guy.

When a man dare not speak without malice for fear of giving insult, that is when truth starts to die. Truth is the truest freedom.

#136325 - 06/16/08 10:42 PM Re: Why You Need A Fast Mobilization Plan [Re: MartinFocazio]
LED Offline
Veteran

In a situation like this, if someone is able to prove they're a resident, why not let'em risk their own lives? (With a clear warning beforehand that rescue will not be available) Looting is one thing. Denying someone the right to access their property, no matter what the conditions, is another.

#136339 - 06/17/08 12:08 AM Re: Why You Need A Fast Mobilization Plan [Re: MartinFocazio]
wildman800 Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: La-USA
My reasons for needing a fast mobilization:
(denotes my experiences)

1) Nuclear Industrial Accident, Nuclear ICBM Attack; Nuclear Terrorist Attack:
(1962 Cuban Missile crisis, Duck & Cover Drills @ elementary school)

2) Hurricanes:
(Hurricanes: Betsy, Camille, Andrew, Lilly, Katrina, Rita)

3) Tornadoes:
(During hurricanes)

4) Highway Accident involving Hazardous or Explosive Materials:
(Too many to keep track of when living next to an Interstate Highway)

5) Railroad Accident involving Hazardous or Explosive Materials:
(Hazmat: May2008/Lafayette, La Explosive: Feb1968/Laurel, Ms)

6) Civil Unrest/Martial Law:
(Limited Martial Law/Feb1968/Laurel, Ms)

There are many more reasons to be ready for a fast mobilization, IMHHO (In My Honest Humble Opinion)

#136352 - 06/17/08 01:01 AM Re: Why You Need A Fast Mobilization Plan [Re: LED]
OldBaldGuy Offline
Geezer

Loc: Former AFB in CA, recouping fr...
If ordered to keep "residents" out, I am going to do my best. But I am NOT going to stand in front of any vehicle, and for sure not long enough to let the driver hit me THREE times! If I happen to get hit once, that is one thing, but unless I am flat on the ground, I am gonna get out of the way after that first hit. And then drag the driver out the windwing. But I will not get myself hurt to keep some dummy from going home. There are other ways to deal with him/her...

#136353 - 06/17/08 01:07 AM Re: Why You Need A Fast Mobilization Plan [Re: wildman800]
samhain Offline
Addict

Loc: Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Stuff like this has got me rethinking my own choices regarding CCW (the wack-job in the truck, not the LEO's who would've been justified in shooting him).

I don't have an issue with a responsible adult legally carrying though I have chosen not to do that myself.

I'm starting to reconsider my decision on this given events of the last couple of years.

I'll have to start reviewing the older threads to see what y'all have recommended for consideration.

What fits well in a Fatboy???

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  MartinFocazio, Tyber 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 429 Guests and 467 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
03/27/24 11:21 PM
Zippo Butane Inserts
by dougwalkabout
03/27/24 11:11 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.