Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 12 of 14 < 1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 >
Topic Options
#136159 - 06/15/08 03:22 AM Re: Survival Scenario: 1000 AD Western Europe [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
NeighborBill Offline
Enthusiastic
Enthusiast

Loc: Oklahoma City
Maybe to solicit proof.

#136160 - 06/15/08 03:23 AM Re: Survival Scenario: 1000 AD Western Europe [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
Art_in_FL Offline
Pooh-Bah

Originally Posted By: JeanetteIsabelle
Originally Posted By: JCWohlschlag
It is just me, or did this topic move to the “Photo Gallery” for everyone? Damn those temporal rifts…

I understand why it moved; why to the photo gallery?

Jeanette Isabelle

Perhaps I spoke too soon. Seems the more exotic aspects of the time-space continuum may be relevant. What with entire threads moving on their own.

#136221 - 06/16/08 02:09 AM Re: Survival Scenario: 1000 AD Western Europe [Re: Art_in_FL]
Chris Kavanaugh Offline
Carpal Tunnel

The topic was moved to the Campfire Forum-in theory. It popped up in the photo gallery. I haven't had time to bother Doug about it. And as a postscript on the whimsy of measure and location, the Eastern Orthodox church has very good reasons for maintaining the old LITURGICAL calender. The change by a Pope for economic and political reasons may be explained through Easter, or Paska. By tradition it is held after a very real celestial event rich in symbolism of the SUN's death and rebirth and the SON's resurrection.It also cannot be observed until after Passover.The salvation of 'the Lamb of God' to eastern orthodoxy is the second fullfilment of God's promise to the enslaved jews of Egypt.You don't observe or show respect to one event by obliterating it's predecessor in the liturgical year-- unless temporal considerations of one Pope come into play. There are many religious calenders; jewish, japanese,islam etc. But don't worry! ETS is calibrated by Arizona time.

#136239 - 06/16/08 12:58 PM Re: Survival Scenario: 1000 AD Western Europe [Re: Chris Kavanaugh]
Mike_H Offline
Addict

Loc: SE PA
Darn you Blast... I told you it was .11, not .1 It space/time shifted just a wee bit too much! LOL.

Seems that working in the shipping industry may be a valid way to go. Science would be tricky as you would risk bringing the wrath of the church down on you.

#136243 - 06/16/08 01:26 PM Re: Survival Scenario: 1000 AD Western Europe [Re: Chris Kavanaugh]
TheSock Offline
Addict

Loc: London England
Originally Posted By: Chris Kavanaugh
The topic was moved to the Campfire Forum-in theory. It popped up in the photo gallery. I haven't had time to bother Doug about it. And as a postscript on the whimsy of measure and location, the Eastern Orthodox church has very good reasons for maintaining the old LITURGICAL calender. The change by a Pope for economic and political reasons may be explained through Easter, or Paska. By tradition it is held after a very real celestial event rich in symbolism of the SUN's death and rebirth and the SON's resurrection.It also cannot be observed until after Passover.The salvation of 'the Lamb of God' to eastern orthodoxy is the second fullfilment of God's promise to the enslaved jews of Egypt.You don't observe or show respect to one event by obliterating it's predecessor in the liturgical year-- unless temporal considerations of one Pope come into play. There are many religious calenders; jewish, japanese,islam etc. But don't worry! ETS is calibrated by Arizona time.

You see jeff? this is exactly the kind of information we log onto this site for! There are plenty of religious sites out there if you want to know how to light a fire.
The Sock

#136296 - 06/16/08 08:02 PM Re: Survival Scenario: 1000 AD Western Europe [Re: TheSock]
Chris Kavanaugh Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Actually, I'm putting together a millenium length BOB for my born again nieghbors to grab during the Rapture.They're a bit put out, they went running out into the street start of sabbath at sundown and blew a Shofar. My Rabbi took it away from them.I gave everyone a STORM whistle but it isn't the same.

Edited by Chris Kavanaugh (06/16/08 08:03 PM)

#136299 - 06/16/08 08:15 PM Re: Survival Scenario: 1000 AD Western Europe [Re: Chris Kavanaugh]
TheSock Offline
Addict

I

#136300 - 06/16/08 08:19 PM Re: Survival Scenario: 1000 AD Western Europe [Re: TheSock]
TheSock Offline
Addict

In the British version of 'The Apprentice' that has just finished here, one team were told to buy 'kosher chicken' so they went to a halal butchers and got them to say a prayer over it.
'Our Donald Trump', jewish entrepeneur Michael Sugar asked one of the team who described himself on his resume as 'a good jewish boy' why he didn't go the whole way and get a catholic priest to take the butchers confession?
The Sock

#136355 - 06/17/08 01:09 AM Re: Survival Scenario: 1000 AD Western Europe [Re: Chris Kavanaugh]
Jeanette_Isabelle Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Nacogdoches, Texas
Originally Posted By: Chris Kavanaugh
Actually, I'm putting together a millenium length BOB for my born again nieghbors to grab during the Rapture.They're a bit put out, they went running out into the street start of sabbath at sundown and blew a Shofar. My Rabbi took it away from them.

That is a bit surreal. I'm hearing only one side but it seems some people just don't get it.

Jeanette Isabelle

#136362 - 06/17/08 01:32 AM Re: Survival Scenario: 1000 AD Western Europe [Re: TheSock]
Art_in_FL Offline
Pooh-Bah

IMHO survival is not a narrow field. Virtually every area of human knowledge and understanding can be brought to bear and, given the right situation, could give you an advantage.

History, social studies, comparative religion, psychology and art are all useful. Survival isn't just about bullets and beans and knowing how to create fire by rubbing sticks together. It is also understanding people, people's passage through time and how to get along with other cultures and religions.

Page 12 of 14 < 1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 269 Guests and 21 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:21 PM
Zippo Butane Inserts
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:11 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Using a Compass Without a Map
by KenK
02/28/24 12:22 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.