Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#134068 - 05/29/08 04:12 PM Re: boiling schmoiing. you don't need to [Re: OldBaldGuy]
Dan_McI Offline
Old Hand

Loc: NYC
Originally Posted By: OldBaldGuy
Actually, some of us do have wifes like that. Every time I hold a Springfield M1-A and drool, mine says "buy it." Sadly, I never do...

I have to chime in as another with a wife who supports such things. Without DW, I would not be the owner of a firearm. She was the one who wanted to go hunting.

If I could only get her to run foredeck and bodysurf, I'd be all set.

#134071 - 05/29/08 05:40 PM Re: boiling schmoiing. you don't need to [Re: MDinana]
OldBaldGuy Offline
Geezer

Loc: Former AFB in CA, recouping fr...
"...Course, if you had dunked your feet into the "beer," added some sugar, and waited a week, you might have had something..."

I am yet to find anything that will gross me out, but that comes close smile smile smile sick sick sick

#134074 - 05/29/08 05:56 PM Re: boiling schmoiing. you don't need to [Re: OldBaldGuy]
Dan_McI Offline
Old Hand

"...Course, if you had dunked your feet into the "beer," added some sugar, and waited a week, you might have had something..."

I am yet to find anything that will gross me out, but that comes close smile smile smile sick sick sick

I'm with you on that being a bit much for my stomach, but the idea might work. I recall reading a blog or zine article about using a dirty sock to make prison hooch, because yeast is generally forbdden in prison.

I'm also not saying I've made, had or want to try prison hooch. However, should I ever find myself incarcerated, it could be good to know how to make it.

#134075 - 05/29/08 06:02 PM Re: boiling schmoiing. you don't need to [Re: OldBaldGuy]
unimogbert Offline
Old Hand

Loc: Colorado
Actually, some of us do have wifes like that.

The "more ammo" I can believe.
It's the bigger boat line that made no sense. But once explained that she's crewing the too-small boat then the story starts to become more reasonable.

My wife was all over y2k preps and preparedness supplies for y2k which just extrapolates into continued awareness and preparedness in these uncertain times.

So- there ARE some good ones out there. I have one too.

#134077 - 05/29/08 06:14 PM Re: boiling schmoiing. you don't need to [Re: unimogbert]
Jeanette_Isabelle Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Nacogdoches, Texas
Originally Posted By: unimogbert
Originally Posted By: Jeff_McCann
Two examples: My wife once actually asked me if we we had enough ammunition in storage, and she actually said, in front of witnesses, "Honey, I think you should buy a bigger boat."

Jeff

I'm sorry but we have to raise the BS flag on this one.

Next you'll be telling us that she's letting you keep the baby Sasquatch that followed you home....

If a girl can handle a SIG P239, then that is certainly within the realm of possibility.

Jeanette Isabelle

Edited by JeanetteIsabelle (05/29/08 06:31 PM)

#134078 - 05/29/08 06:26 PM Re: boiling schmoiing. you don't need to [Re: Dan_McI]
OldBaldGuy Offline
Geezer

Here ya go. Mr Google does it again...

Prison booze

#134080 - 05/29/08 06:54 PM Re: boiling schmoiing. you don't need to [Re: OldBaldGuy]
Dan_McI Offline
Old Hand

Here ya go. Mr Google does it again...

Prison booze

Another: http://www.thesneeze.com/mt-archives/000373.php

If anyone ever has need or want to make such a thing, I'd recommend (based on my experiences in hombrewing) adding some spice(s) to it. Hops added to beer makes it both bitter and palatable. Spices added to somethign like this could do the same, but I'm not about to experiment and find the right combination.

#134085 - 05/29/08 07:30 PM Re: boiling schmoiing. you don't need to [Re: Dan_McI]
OldBaldGuy Offline
Geezer

Maybe this should be a whole new thread...

#134087 - 05/29/08 07:33 PM Re: boiling schmoiing. you don't need to [Re: Dan_McI]
Hacksaw
Unregistered

Essentially Gin is just Vodka with herbs and aromatics and such added during the process.

Back to the issue of water purification I did some reading on Pasteurization and using milk as a baseline example you get a Log 5 (I think) kill rate by going 161F for 10 to 15 seconds. Plus I hear that there are nastier more heat resistant bugs in milk potentially than in water.

Super Pasteurized Milk is heated to 250F for a fraction of a second...that should tell you that time doesn't matter.

#134102 - 05/29/08 09:05 PM Re: boiling schmoiing. you don't need to [Re: Jeff_M]
nursemike Offline
Old Hand

Loc: wellington, fl
I suppose that one could dry beer in the oven as one does jerky. The resulting powder-paste-gurry could be rehydrated at need, and carbonated by adding an alka-seltzer tablet, and realcoholed by adding an appropriate amount of vodka or everclear. Or we could ask the candy makers to produce beer-flavored fizzies (http://www.candydirect.com/novelty/Fizzies-Root-Beer.html).
This fluid might be offensive to connoisseurs, but the worst beer I ever had was wonderful. Probably stems from growing up drinking Ballantine in squatty little brown bottles. The old man opened one once, took a drink,, and looked puzzled. Took another drink and then held the bottle up to the light to see if there was an explanation for the off-taste. He found a three inch cigar but floating in the pale ale. Point is, it took two slurps to figure out that something was amiss.

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 464 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Explorer9, GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav
5368 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Corny Jokes
by wildman800
Yesterday at 10:40 AM
People Are Not Paying Attention
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/19/24 07:49 PM
USCG rescue fishermen frm deserted island
by brandtb
04/17/24 11:35 PM
Silver
by brandtb
04/16/24 10:32 PM
EDC Reduction
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/16/24 03:13 PM
New York Earthquake
by chaosmagnet
04/09/24 12:27 PM
Bad review of a great backpack..
by Herman30
04/08/24 08:16 AM
Our adorable little earthquake
by Phaedrus
04/06/24 02:42 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.