Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#134017 - 05/29/08 05:16 AM Re: boiling schmoiing. you don't need to [Re: Jeff_M]
Chris Kavanaugh Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Does she have a sister?

#134020 - 05/29/08 05:30 AM Re: boiling schmoiing. you don't need to [Re: Chris Kavanaugh]
Jeff_M Offline
Addict

Loc: Northwest Florida
Nope. Sorry. If she did, I'd have probably converted to a fundamentalist Mormon sect and married her, too. Marrying my wife is the smartest move I've ever made. Two examples: My wife once actually asked me if we we had enough ammunition in storage, and she actually said, in front of witnesses, "Honey, I think you should buy a bigger boat."

Jeff

#134035 - 05/29/08 01:19 PM Re: boiling schmoiing. you don't need to [Re: Jeff_M]
OldBaldGuy Offline
Geezer

Loc: Former AFB in CA, recouping fr...
"...dehydrated or concentrated beer..."

REI once sold a packet labeled as dehydrated beer, and being young and foolish at the time, I bought one. Tasted like camel urine probably tastes, and after reading the label I learned that it contained NO alcohol. Lousy taste, no actual booze, no wonder they don't sell it anymore...

#134049 - 05/29/08 02:14 PM Re: boiling schmoiing. you don't need to [Re: Jeff_M]
unimogbert Offline
Old Hand

Loc: Colorado
Originally Posted By: Jeff_McCann
Two examples: My wife once actually asked me if we we had enough ammunition in storage, and she actually said, in front of witnesses, "Honey, I think you should buy a bigger boat."

Jeff

I'm sorry but we have to raise the BS flag on this one.

Next you'll be telling us that she's letting you keep the baby Sasquatch that followed you home....

Did you leave yourself logged in and it's really Mrs. McCann posting???

#134051 - 05/29/08 02:23 PM Re: boiling schmoiing. you don't need to [Re: unimogbert]
OldBaldGuy Offline
Geezer

Loc: Former AFB in CA, recouping fr...
Actually, some of us do have wifes like that. Every time I hold a Springfield M1-A and drool, mine says "buy it." Sadly, I never do...

#134056 - 05/29/08 02:48 PM Re: boiling schmoiing. you don't need to [Re: unimogbert]
Jeff_M Offline
Addict

Originally Posted By: unimogbert
Two examples: My wife once actually asked me if we we had enough ammunition in storage, and she actually said, in front of witnesses, "Honey, I think you should buy a bigger boat."

Jeff

I'm sorry but we have to raise the BS flag on this one.

Next you'll be telling us that she's letting you keep the baby Sasquatch that followed you home....

Did you leave yourself logged in and it's really Mrs. McCann posting???

No BS. My wife is really pessimistic about the government and economy, so she supports my preparations. As for the boat, I suspect she just didn't like going out on the exposed foredeck to strike the jib in any sort of seaway.

Sasquatch? No. But she did let me keep the German Shepard puppy I brought home on her birthday.

Jeff

#134057 - 05/29/08 02:49 PM Re: boiling schmoiing. you don't need to [Re: OldBaldGuy]
Jeff_M Offline
Addict

Originally Posted By: OldBaldGuy
Actually, some of us do have wifes like that. Every time I hold a Springfield M1-A and drool, mine says "buy it." Sadly, I never do...

Me, too. I just can't seem to rationalize the purchase of another firearm, but the Springfield M1A would be my next choice.

Jeff

#134059 - 05/29/08 03:31 PM Re: boiling schmoiing. you don't need to [Re: Jeff_M]
MDinana Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Beer&Cheese country

Another lucky advantage I have is that my wife is the director of the reasearch library for the Naval Operational Medicine Institute. She feeds me all the good survival books and research, Aircrew survival, hypothermia, SERE, tropical and expedition medicine, etc.

Jeff

Whoa, whoa, whoa... wait a second. Really?

We NEED to talk!

V/r
ENS MDinana, MC, USN

#134064 - 05/29/08 03:55 PM Re: boiling schmoiing. you don't need to [Re: MDinana]
Jeff_M Offline
Addict

Originally Posted By: MDinana

Another lucky advantage I have is that my wife is the director of the reasearch library for the Naval Operational Medicine Institute. She feeds me all the good survival books and research, Aircrew survival, hypothermia, SERE, tropical and expedition medicine, etc.

Jeff

Whoa, whoa, whoa... wait a second. Really?

We NEED to talk!

V/r
ENS MDinana, MC, USN

Private message sent.

Regards,

Jeff

#134066 - 05/29/08 04:05 PM Re: boiling schmoiing. you don't need to [Re: OldBaldGuy]
MDinana Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Beer&Cheese country
Originally Posted By: OldBaldGuy
"...dehydrated or concentrated beer..."

REI once sold a packet labeled as dehydrated beer, and being young and foolish at the time, I bought one. Tasted like camel urine probably tastes, and after reading the label I learned that it contained NO alcohol. Lousy taste, no actual booze, no wonder they don't sell it anymore...

IIRC, alcohol has a lower boiling point than water. So, to dehydrate a beer, you'd actually boil off the booze before the water left. I've also heard of dehydrated wine, but I bet it has the same problem.

Course, if you had dunked your feet into the "beer," added some sugar, and waited a week, you might have had something.

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 453 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Zippo Butane Inserts
by NAro
Today at 11:57 AM
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
03/27/24 11:21 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.