The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#129887 - 04/11/08 02:58 AM Re: So.....am I crazy? [Re: OldBaldGuy]
Chisel Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: OldBaldGuy
So I would suggest that you do all of your practicing on your hands and knees, crawling as low and fast as you can go. Then have the entire family practice crawling in line, possibly with a hand on the ankle of the person in front. You, of course, will be leading the pack...

Right, but dont tell your luchmates otherwise you'll hear words other than "nuts".

The logic I use most of the time to ignore the PHRASECENSOREDPOSTERSHOULDKNOWBETTER. is that they will NOT be around to help me in case I find myself in a problem. So why bother with what they think and say ?? Just dont tell them everything you do.

And BTW, not telling them is the right thing anyway, because in case of SHTF, there will be a big crowd of people at your door step thinking (Taurus must have a full pantry and lots of preparedness stuff).

ummmm
Do I do it?
No, because my lifetime-luchmate (wife) will call her brother weeping and tell him I have finally broken to pieces.

Edited by Chisel (04/11/08 03:02 AM)

#129890 - 04/11/08 03:26 AM Re: So.....am I crazy? [Re: ]
OldBaldGuy Offline
Geezer

Loc: Former AFB in CA, recouping fr...
"...the cops are unable to assist. I basically go commando-style through my house..."

I respectfully have to ask why? Any cop with an ounce of sense will not do a building search alone, so why would you? You can stay outside and cover the obvious exit if you want to, but going inside, even tho you know the layout, is just asking for trouble. There is nothing (other than my family) in my house that I am willing to risk my life for. Call the cops, stay outside, and if the cops can't come, either try to "arrest" the badguy when he/she exits, or let him/her go and file an insurance claim. And for sure don't shoot the bg when he comes out, in most jurisdictions burglers are not shootable...

#129892 - 04/11/08 04:04 AM Re: So.....am I crazy? [Re: OldBaldGuy]
Chris Kavanaugh Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Posts with references to 'PHRASECENSOREDPOSTERSHOULDKNOWBETTER.' and 'liberals'are part of a very specific lexicon and world view. Smoke can cloud your physical eyesight and ability to breath. The cultural smoke from a specific mindset; good,bad or indifferent can also cause myopia and loss of fresh air for the brain. ETS will be offering a set of custom exercises for our readers. OBG will teach individuals that, YES! you can walk down to the mailbox without a PSK, BUSSE knife and GLOCK.This will be done in comfort zones of a few feet daily increased incrimentaly.I will be holding a seminar this summer at the Krishnamurti Ashram in Ojai. We will discuss the application of Feng Shui to create harmonious firing zones and denial of cover to hostile energies ( they only lack green tea. ) People, it's good to be prepared. But please remember to breathe once in awhile and the safest house is probably a mess like mine. I'd get sued in court for depraved indifference to life, should any intruder be foolish enough to step foot in here.

#129896 - 04/11/08 04:55 AM Re: So.....am I crazy? [Re: OldBaldGuy]
Troglodyte007
Unregistered

OBG,

It is glaringly obvious that YOU are most definitely NOT crazy.

I'm going inside so I CAN shoot him while he is inside; One more home-invasion rapist child-molesting kidnapper thief piece-o'-dookie off the streets? I'll make that decision when the time comes. I do what I can. Why should I let him get away so he can rape or murder somebody down the street if I have the opportunity to kill him while he is in my house? There was a time when people thought about their community in addition to their families and their selves. There are child-molesters, kidnappers, rapists and murderers getting out of prison only to do it again. Heinous crimes should be dealt with severely. If he is only a thief, then he should go steal from the grocery store. If he is in my house, I am going to assume he is looking for a victim. People feel sorry for a kid who gets killed when all he did was burglarize for pawn items so he can get high on heroin, but a persons home is a persons home.
A home should be thought of as saying "welcome" to family and friends, and "stay away" to everybody else. If some people don't have that much sense to acknowledge that, and think that the home-owner is going to assume they broke in because they wanted to make a sandwich, then they will probably not survive very long anyway. So, I say assume the worst, and if they don't sit tight until the cops arrive, shoot em. But, don't let them get away. You might be safe, but they can always come back or they may decide to victimize somebody else. Be a part of your community, not just a societal pawn.

I want them to be afraid of coming into my house and anyone else's house too, and not because I might call the cops or file insurance claims, but because they are dead if they do, or at least taking one in the leg and then cuffed for the cops.

To put it bluntly; I'm going in after the intruder(s), and I'm going to kill him/them, hoping that I got there in time to stop him from raping and murdering my wife and children who I hope are still dreaming peacefully in their beds. If he did get to them already, and he is still in the house, not only am I going to kill him, but I am going to kill him by beating him to death with his own arms that I twisted and ripped away from his torso while he was screaming how sorry he was and that he couldn't help himself 'cause he was off his meds.

The only sure way to deter crime is to keep potential criminals afraid of the repurcussions. Criminals are liars and will say anything to get away. If I find someone in my house and he has no exit, he will either negotiate or attack. I am not heartless. I can tell the difference between a mentally ill person who "wandered home" and a "bad guy".

Not everyone fears incarceration, but everyone fears pain.

This is not an easy thing to sum up in a forum post, but for what it is worth, it is fun to feel in control, especially of one's own house.

#129897 - 04/11/08 05:01 AM Re: So.....am I crazy? [Re: Chris Kavanaugh]
LED Offline
Veteran

Holy s*%t Chris, that was funny.

#129908 - 04/11/08 12:19 PM Re: So.....am I crazy? [Re: Chris Kavanaugh]
benjammin Offline
Rapscallion
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Anchorage AK
Quote:
YES! you can walk down to the mailbox without a PSK, BUSSE knife and GLOCK.

Well, where's the fun in that?

The Ashram seminar does sound like a good getaway though. I would prefer it if we had a few clinics in CQD and at the 50 foot line just to clear some of the physical stress and get our focus. If OBG will take his rig there, count me in.

#129912 - 04/11/08 01:07 PM Re: So.....am I crazy? [Re: benjammin]
Taurus Offline
Addict

Loc: Northern Canada
Quote:
not only am I going to kill him, but I am going to kill him by beating him to death with his own arms that I twisted and ripped away from his torso while he was screaming how sorry he was and that he couldn't help himself 'cause he was off his meds.

ROFLMAO!!!!

Quote:
YES! you can walk down to the mailbox without a PSK, BUSSE knife and GLOCK.

Tell this to the parents of the teen beaten nearly to death in broad daylight playing road hockey in his own driveway two blocks down from me(they stole his shoes)His sick mother watched helplessly from the window and all she could do was phone the police. Bet she wished she had a Glock or two handy. Some people may argue that fact but that is up to them.

True, 99% of the time you will be fine. Its the other 1% that I try and be ready for. I have been to the field plenty of times and never needed a knife, but I still have it with me.

You do things your way and I will do things my way. I dont think either of us is wrong.

Edited by Taurus (04/11/08 01:08 PM)

#129914 - 04/11/08 01:13 PM Re: So.....am I crazy? [Re: Chris Kavanaugh]
OldBaldGuy Offline
Geezer

Loc: Former AFB in CA, recouping fr...
My wife could teach the Feng Shui thingy, we have a three legged frog and everything. But last time I was in Ojai I didn't see anyplace to park out home on wheels, and the road in was kinda crooked and narrow. Of course that was about 45 years ago, give or take a few...

#129918 - 04/11/08 02:08 PM Re: So.....am I crazy? [Re: OldBaldGuy]
benjammin Offline
Rapscallion
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Anchorage AK
Well, a three legged frog would be worth half as much to me, having only one good leg for the fryer. BTW, do you remember an old joke about the physiological link between a frog losing his legs affecting his ability to hear?

I suppose we could load the frog on the trap machine, we'd get more use outta him that way. Well at least once maybe. I've heard of the rabbit on the sporting clays, which is a tough shot at times, but never the frog.

We could always move the seminar to Chamballah-Ashrama south of Denver, though I've heard recently that place got taken over by the skin-heads. I guess the Khrishna brethren decided to lop off their top knot and cop an attitude. Denver can do that to ya.

#129925 - 04/11/08 02:47 PM Re: So.....am I crazy? [Re: benjammin]
Dan_McI Offline
Old Hand

Loc: NYC
I think the custom exercises described by Chris above should also include some classes in peaceful meditation, so that I can be at harmony with the universe, before I reload.

Troglodyte007, I wish you luck. Honestly, I do and hope you kill him. However, should I be able to get my family and myself out and in an area of safety, I'm probably not going back in.

I would however readily introduce someone uninvited and in my home to my Remington 870, from across the room.

And as far as the original question in this thread, Taurus, if you are crazy, then you are asking lunatics in the asylum to diagnosis you.

Edited by Dan_McI (04/11/08 02:48 PM)

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 474 Guests and 15 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Zippo Butane Inserts
by NAro
Today at 11:57 AM
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
03/27/24 11:21 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.