The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#127711 - 03/18/08 10:08 PM Re: Pictures from the front [Re: NightHiker]
OldBaldGuy Offline
Geezer

Loc: Former AFB in CA, recouping fr...
If you are within several hundred miles of 29 Palms you are gonna have all the natural dust you will ever need!!!

#127718 - 03/18/08 11:02 PM Re: Pictures from the front [Re: Blast]
Taurus Offline
Addict

Loc: Northern Canada
BLAST- the care pack offer is one of the nicest this things I have ever heard from a guy I have never even met. Same applies to you WILDMAN800, the offer alone makes me smile knowing there actually are good people left in the world. I could never impose on that kind of generosity though. The Canadian public so far has been really good and we get stuff sent from time to time from businesses, organizations, schools or complete strangers. It really is top shelf support that we get from home. Our Military may be small but it is a tight family. The loss of a single guy is enough to make national headlines. Sadly, we lost one hell of a great guy recently. I don’t know how many more ramp ceremonies I can handle. I am only here on a TAV(TACTICAL ASSISTANCE VISIT) to replace a guy who was injured very badly. Once the next roto switches over I will be home. Then I start training to come back for 9 more months in 09. frown

I may go to jail if I send you the things on your list, but we actually travel down your way to do simulated desert training every year. I may not be able to get you det cord but believe or not we could make shock tube and I could show you how to make detonators with a BIC pen. With You being a chemist and me having a fair grasp on all things related to explosives we should be able to make local headlines.(lol)

CLIMBERSLACKER – Glad you liked the pics. I had no idea you were only 13 dude. You seem to have the level head and skill/experience of a guy twice your age. I got seasoned soldiers here who wouldn’t know what a fire piston was if you slapped them in the face with one. Ever consider a career as a soldier? You appear to have the right mindset. As for the dust, it is KILLER. There is no escape from the dammed stuff. It’s fine like foot powder and gets into everything including food. I will take snow any day over dust.

BIGMOTHERTRUCKER- finally made it here eh? I know you told me over MSN that you joined but I couldn’t believe it. I see you are just as political and diplomatic on the forum as you are in real life. You are either making friends here or everyone hates you already. (lol) take care bro, see you soon you loudmouth.

For NIGHTHIKER, MDinana, OBG, IZZY and everyone else, thank you for all the kind words folks. Means a lot.

take care

#127720 - 03/18/08 11:08 PM Re: Pictures from the front [Re: bigmothertrucker]
rescueguru Offline
Wanderer

Loc: Southeastern USA
May I add the following to the wish list:
500lbs. of ANFO
10 1lb Cast boosters
1 box of electric caps
2000' of twin lead
1 "hell" box
and 1 large roll of detcord,'cause I guess I need to cut the trees before I blow the stumps. grin

#127730 - 03/19/08 01:16 AM Re: Pictures from the front [Re: rescueguru]
kd7fqd Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Saratoga Springs,Utah,USA
and 1 large roll of detcord,'cause I guess I need to cut the trees before I blow the stumps. grin
[/quote]

Why? trees make louder boom when the whole thing falls over

#127735 - 03/19/08 02:31 AM Re: Pictures from the front [Re: kd7fqd]
OldBaldGuy Offline
Geezer

Loc: Former AFB in CA, recouping fr...
Man, you guys plan on blowing stuff up, I just want a little C-4 to heat my coffee with...

#127739 - 03/19/08 03:52 AM Re: Pictures from the front [Re: OldBaldGuy]
climberslacker Offline
Youth of the Nation
Addict

1 can of dust off
1 package of party baloons

(just trust me on this, ok?)

though i seek perfection, i wear my scars with pride

Have you seen the arrow?

#127746 - 03/19/08 11:40 AM Re: Pictures from the front [Re: climberslacker]
Blast Offline
INTERCEPTOR
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: TX
Quote:
1 can of dust off
1 package of party baloons

(just trust me on this, ok?)

LOL!! Damn, you are one fine dude!

-Blast
Radio Call Sign: KI5BOG
*As an Amazon Influencer, I may earn a sales commission on Amazon links in my posts.

#127775 - 03/19/08 04:40 PM Re: Pictures from the front [Re: Blast]
Johno Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Scotland
Taurus, I know how you feel about the repatriation services, I had to see off a good mate of mine in Bosnia. EOD boy like yourself. Stay safe mate and keep the pics coming. Reminds me I used to be an active soldier.
If that sounds a bit funny, family circumstance has stopped me from going on Ops since 99.

I would like to be where you are just once more before I get my papers.

Johno

#127781 - 03/19/08 05:13 PM Re: Pictures from the front [Re: Johno]
Dan_McI Offline
Old Hand

Loc: NYC
This is not related to Taurus' post, but a comment about sending care packages. If you want to send something to Taurus, by all means I will not discourage anyone one bit. I'll help. I have no idea if there is anything like it available for those from nations besides the U.S. who serve, but there is at least one site for those serving from the U.S. of soldiers, sailors, marines, airman, etc. basically asking for care packages. I've gone to and used this site, and sent care packages to some who were serving. DW and I have sent a number of boxes. Most recently, we've sent stuff to a unit in the 10th Mountain Division. The site is http://anysoldier.com/

If the Canadians and other nations do not have sites like this, they should create them.

#127803 - 03/19/08 08:41 PM Re: Pictures from the front [Re: Dan_McI]
MDinana Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Beer&Cheese country
US Postal has cardboard boxes for $8. That covers whatever you can squeeze into them.

Did a fundraiser for troops last year, probably sent about 15 boxes. Literally, they were football shaped, and had to be taped shut with packing tape, but they still only cost $8!

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online
1 registered (chaosmagnet), 364 Guests and 37 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
People Are Not Paying Attention
by Jeanette_Isabelle
Yesterday at 01:15 PM
USCG rescue fishermen frm deserted island
by brandtb
04/17/24 11:35 PM
Silver
by brandtb
04/16/24 10:32 PM
EDC Reduction
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/16/24 03:13 PM
New York Earthquake
by chaosmagnet
04/09/24 12:27 PM
Bad review of a great backpack..
by Herman30
04/08/24 08:16 AM
Our adorable little earthquake
by Phaedrus
04/06/24 02:42 AM
Amanda Nenigar found dead
by Phaedrus
04/05/24 04:39 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.