The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#126271 - 03/04/08 05:36 PM Re: If you all send me $1.00... [Re: Reddave]
Dan_McI Offline
Old Hand

Loc: NYC
I always wanted one of these, just in case there was a plague of zombies in my neighborhood: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cm6kYT2tMaA

#126282 - 03/04/08 07:19 PM Re: If you all send me $1.00... [Re: BobS]
BrianTexas Offline
Ordinary Average Guy
Enthusiast

Loc: North Central Texas, USA
Originally Posted By: BobS
I use to have a 30 Carbine Ruger single action revolver, it had a very big boom when fired for some reason. It was as loud as the 44 Mag revolver. I still have a 10-inch 30 carbine barrel for my TC contender, but I never shoot it any more.

How do flame throwers work for Zombies? It may not explode their head, but it’s gotta mess up your day. That is if you can mess up the day of someone that’s already dead?

The problem with using the flamethrower against zombies is that it takes to long to reduce them to ashes. While the zombie is afire, it can stagger around (uttering zombie-type moaning) setting other things on fire, including the guy with the flamethrower (always a bad thing.) Zombie killing requires something that will blow out the brain cells at a distance. This is also why machetes are not useful (too close to zombie for head removal.)

I can't believe I actually took the time to write out an answer...I guess I need to get a life crazy

#126327 - 03/05/08 12:44 PM Re: If you all send me $1.00... [Re: GoatRider]
TheSock Offline
Addict

Loc: London England
Zombies are the dead come back to life, first invented in the film 'Night of the living dead' and then in various sequels. Any part of a zombie entering your body (in one film cremating a zombie re-animates the local graveyard with the smoke) kills you. then brings you back as a zombie.
death hurts and eating human brains stops the pain.
we use zombies on this forum as a fun way of hypothesising a disaster to prepare for, without getting into the 'well i don't think the chinese/russians (or whoever)have chemical/biological (whatever) weapons that will do this', since the original scenario is clearly nonsense.
the Sock

>Hey,

Colour me stupid fellows, as I have heard reference to "Zombies" on this site a few times, and have no idea what you are talking about?

Please fill me in.

Thanks,

Mike

#126332 - 03/05/08 01:32 PM Re: If you all send me $1.00... [Re: TheSock]
benjammin Offline
Rapscallion
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Anchorage AK
Actually, zombies go back in history much further than the film industry. It was an alleged voodoo belief that people could, under the right circumstances, be brought back from the dead, not really alive, but reanimated and feeble-minded. That belief goes back at least a couple centuries AFIK.

That's what I like about Chlor-Tri Flor. It reduces organic matter to such base molecular components so quickly, infection would be impossible. Whatever it contacts is elementally reduced.

Zombies are the penultimate survival scenario. Short of having the planet blown out from under us, if you can theoretically survive a perpetual zombie attack, you should be in a good position to survive just about anything else short of cataclysm.

#126335 - 03/05/08 01:48 PM Re: If you all send me $1.00... [Re: benjammin]
Blitz Offline
Gear Junkie
Addict

Loc: MA
Originally Posted By: benjammin
not really alive, but reanimated and feeble-minded.

Gee that seems to describe a lot of people I know, as well as, 3/4 of people that drive in this state. eek

Blitz

#126340 - 03/05/08 02:42 PM Re: If you all send me $1.00... [Re: Blitz]
Dan_McI Offline
Old Hand

Loc: NYC
I think this would be ideal to carry just in case some zombies decide to ambush you:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=D99NHb6B03s

We all need one of these.

#126353 - 03/05/08 06:02 PM Re: If you all send me $1.00... [Re: Dan_McI]
GarlyDog Offline
ô¿ô
Old Hand

Loc: The People's Republic of IL
You have convinced me. Here ya go

#126582 - 03/07/08 02:39 AM Re: If you all send me $1.00... [Re: GarlyDog]
brandtb Offline
Addict

Loc: S.E. Pennsylvania
This fascination with zombies is being blown all out of proportion. They're not as blood-lusting as they're made out to be.

From allmovie.com, "I Walked With A Zombie" -

"RKO producer Val Lewton seemed to thrive upon taking the most lurid film titles and coming up with pocket-edition works of art. Saddled with the studio-dictated title I Walked With a Zombie, Lewton, together with scripters Curt Siodmak and Ardel Wray, concocted a West Indies variation on Jane Eyre. Trained nurse (Frances Dee) travels to the tropics to care for Christine Gordon, the wife of seemingly abusive Tom Conway. At first, Dee merely believes her patient to be comatose. But as the drums throb and the natives behave restlessly, Dee tries to bring her patient back to life by jungle magic. Conway is racked with guilt, believing himself responsible for his wife's condition; his guilt is stoked by Conway's drunken brother James Ellison, who has always loved Gordon. Utilizing very limited sets and only a handful of extras, director Jacques Tourneur manages to evoke an impression of an expansive tropical island populated at every turn by voodoo worshippers. Many of the sequences, notably Frances Dee's first languid stroll into the midst of the native ceremonies, have an eerie dream-like quality that pervades even the most worn-out, badly processed TV prints of I Walked With Zombie.

#126612 - 03/07/08 01:49 PM Re: If you all send me $1.00... [Re: GarlyDog]
Blitz Offline
Gear Junkie
Addict

Originally Posted By: GarlyDog
You have convinced me. Here ya go

grin grin grin

Good "one" G Dog. Thanks.

#126873 - 03/10/08 12:26 AM Re: If you all send me $1.00... [Re: Dan_McI]
Blitz Offline
Gear Junkie
Addict

Originally Posted By: Dan_McI
I think this would be ideal to carry just in case some zombies decide to ambush you:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=D99NHb6B03s

We all need one of these.

Dan,

That is Awesome laugh (Boston lingo, please excuse me) I want one!!! First time I had a chance to look at the link and I love it.

Talk about the perfect solution. Probably not very legal around here though. But what they don't know...

Thanks

Blitz

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 456 Guests and 71 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
03/27/24 11:21 PM
Zippo Butane Inserts
by dougwalkabout
03/27/24 11:11 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.