Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#125727 - 02/29/08 03:28 AM Re: I'm Nervous [Re: Comanche7]
Blitz Offline
Gear Junkie
Addict

Loc: MA
Thanks Comanche7 Well taken by me. Some of the things you stated will happen tomorrow. (panel interview, initial tests, face on face interview with the HR lady as well as the boss man) Many others as well. It’s eerie how you nailed almost everything though. I could go on and on about it but I will take your final advice and go to bed.

Thank You,

And Thanks to everyone for your advice and support!!

Blitz

#125731 - 02/29/08 03:35 AM Re: I'm Nervous [Re: Blitz]
Comanche7 Offline
Addict

Loc: Florida
Blitz,

One last thought...something that has helped me out, YMMV...

Before I go to sleep,I conciously calm my mind and mentally direct my sub concious to focus on preparing me for the event / task at hand tomorrow.

Simple direct positive statements, such as "Subconcious, prepare us to do well and succeed with [insert tasks / event etc. here].

It may sound strange, but it is just like using visualizations during concious preparation sessions, and has the advantage of allowing me to sleep well because my concious mind knows that my sub concious will handle the heavy lifting before hand.

Best wishes,
Comanche7

#125829 - 02/29/08 11:52 PM Re: I'm Nervous [Re: Blitz]
Blitz Offline
Gear Junkie
Addict

Had the interview today, all seemed to go well. I didn't screw up as far as I know. We'll see.

Thanks everyone for your advice and support.

Blitz

#125863 - 03/01/08 12:47 PM Re: I'm Nervous [Re: Blitz]
TheSock Offline
Addict

Loc: London England
If you don't get it:
Don't forget the note to thank them for the interview and remind them you are instantly available if the other chap doesn't turn up/work out.
The Sock

#125910 - 03/01/08 10:48 PM Re: I'm Nervous [Re: TheSock]
Blitz Offline
Gear Junkie
Addict

Thanks Sock,

I've already done that.

Thank you for your input, as well as everyone else.

We'll see what happens, they told me 1-2 weeks. mad I was the first to interview so that alone doesn't give me hope. eek

Nervously awaiting,

Blitz

#125939 - 03/02/08 01:14 AM Re: I'm Nervous [Re: Blitz]
sodak Offline
Addict

My wife has been interviewing candidates at her company, here's a smattering of answers that she's gotten that are good examples of what not to say. I kid you not, these are real answers.

What do you like most about this position?

The commute.

Do you like working in teams or alone?

Alone. If I'm in a team, then I have to share the glory.

My personal favorite was for a position that my department was interviewing for. We work on the 9th floor of a 13 story building. The candidate was a no-show, and HR called us the next day, telling us how the candidate came, looked at the building, went home, then called and chewed HR out for not telling her the building was over 3 stories high! Go figure.

#125941 - 03/02/08 01:23 AM Re: I'm Nervous [Re: unimogbert]
picard120 Offline
Old Hand

I wonder if HR realize that technical people can't speak eloquently as literature professor. I myself sometimes stutter in an interview; the HR assume that I am a incompetent or stupid. I really hate HR for making these judgements.

#125943 - 03/02/08 01:43 AM Re: I'm Nervous [Re: Blitz]
ironraven Offline
Cranky Geek
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Vermont
Good luck man, I hope you get it.

When a man dare not speak without malice for fear of giving insult, that is when truth starts to die. Truth is the truest freedom.

#125958 - 03/02/08 02:47 AM Re: I'm Nervous [Re: Blitz]
Comanche7 Offline
Addict

Loc: Florida
Blitz,

In my opinion, the fact that you were the first to be interviewed is not a bad thing. In our recent interviews that I mentioned earlier, we had narrowed the field from almost 80 applicants down to 5 and we contacted the candidate that appeared to be most qualified (on the job application) first.

Glad to hear that you sent the thank you note. Win / lose or draw, it is a sign of professionalism and courtesy. Even if you are not hired for this position, the note is a good thing. Especially if you apply for another position at the same firm. It will be remembered and could be the the tipping point in a future decision (or even this one).

In the meantime, spend some quality internet time looking at job search and interview tips, anything you can ethically and morally do to improve your chances to be hired will hold you in good stead. Better to spend the "1-2 weeks" in constructive efforts than sweating bullets needlessly.

Regards,
Comanche7

#125983 - 03/02/08 07:43 AM Re: I'm Nervous [Re: Comanche7]
TheSock Offline
Addict

Loc: London England
I'd second Comanche7 on that. Interview as soon as you can, if you look good, they won't put as much effort into interviewing people after you.
And as he says; this is no time for sitting back waiting. Apply for jobs every day. If you are going through agents; ring 'to confirm' they got your application. And if they want to chat; great! you want them thinking of you when a job comes in and not bothering to look on the database.
The Sock

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online
2 registered (Jeanette_Isabelle, Ren), 394 Guests and 70 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Corny Jokes
by Jeanette_Isabelle
1 second ago
People Are Not Paying Attention
by Jeanette_Isabelle
Today at 07:49 PM
USCG rescue fishermen frm deserted island
by brandtb
04/17/24 11:35 PM
Silver
by brandtb
04/16/24 10:32 PM
EDC Reduction
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/16/24 03:13 PM
New York Earthquake
by chaosmagnet
04/09/24 12:27 PM
Bad review of a great backpack..
by Herman30
04/08/24 08:16 AM
Our adorable little earthquake
by Phaedrus
04/06/24 02:42 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.