Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#125381 - 02/26/08 11:24 PM Re: Another 8 inches of snow [Re: Blitz]
Blitz Offline
Gear Junkie
Addict

Loc: MA
OK I got this in my e-mail. I had to clean it up but still pretty funny. True as well. Hope you enjoy.

Dear Diary

Aug. 1
Moved to our new home in Massachusetts. It is so beautiful here. The city is so picturesque. Can hardly wait to see it covered with snow. I LOVE IT HERE!!!

Oct. 14
New England is the most beautiful place on earth. The leaves are turning all different colors. I love the shades of red and orange. Went for a ride through the hills and saw some deer. They are so graceful. Certainly they are the most peaceful animals on earth. This must be paradise. I LOVE IT HERE!

Nov. 11
Deer season will open soon. I can't imagine anyone wanting to kill such an elegant creature. The very symbol of peace and tranquility. Hope it will snow soon. I LOVE IT HERE!

Dec. 2
It snowed last night. Woke up to find everything blanketed in white. It looked like a postcard. Went outside and cleaned snow off the steps and shoveled the driveway. We had a snowball fight today (I won). When the snow-plow came by we had to shovel the driveway again. What a beautiful place. Mother Nature in perfect harmony. I LOVE IT HERE!!!

Dec. 12
More snow last night. I love it. The snowplow did his trick again (that rascal). A winter wonderland. I LOVE IT HERE!

Dec. 19
Snowed again last night. Couldn't get out of the driveway to get to work this time. I'm exhausted from shoveling. @#*%(&* Snowplow!

Dec. 22
More of that white $#!% fell last night. I've got blisters on my hands from shoveling. I think the snowplow hides around the corner and waits until I'm done shoveling. That @$$^*&(!

Dec.25
'White Christmas' my busted @#!. More !@&^%$* snow. If I ever get my hands on that son-of-a-female dog who drives that snowplow, I swear I will castrate the dumb bas^@$#. Don't know why they don't use more salt on this %$#&*($ ice.

Dec. 28
More of the same $#!^ last night. Been inside since Christmas day except for when 'Snowplow Harry' comes by. Can't go anywhere. The car is buried in a mountain of white $#!^. The weatherman says expect another 10 inches of this $#!^ tonight. Do you know how many shovels full of snow 10 inches is?

Jan.1
Happy #^%&*(@ New Year. The weatherman was wrong (AGAIN). We got 34 $!@#(*^ inches of snow this time. At this rate it won't melt until the 4th of July. The snowplow got stuck down the road and $#!^ for brains had the ba!!$ to come to the door and ask to borrow my shovel. I told him I broke 6 shovels already, shoveling out the $#!^ he plowed into my driveway. I broke
the 7th shovel over his %^$!@*& head.

Jan.4
Finally got out of the house today. Went to the store to get food and on the way back a deer ran out in front of the car and I hit the #!~&*&%. Did about $3,000.00 damage to the car. Wish the hunters would have killed them all last November.

May 3.
Took the car to the garage in town today. Would you believe the body is rotting away from all the !@#(^%$ salt they keep dumping all over the roads. It really looks like a piece of $#!^.

May 10.
Moved to North Carolina today. I can't imagine why anyone in their right %^&!@)* mind would want to live in the God forsaken State of Massachusetts.

#125385 - 02/26/08 11:53 PM Re: Another 8 inches of snow [Re: Blitz]
wildman800 Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: La-USA
thank-you, thank-you, thank-you,,,,,I really needed the laughs this post has provided me, at this time.

Bo (continuing the voyage from H@#$)

#125388 - 02/27/08 12:11 AM Re: Another 8 inches of snow [Re: wildman800]
Blitz Offline
Gear Junkie
Addict

Glad I could oblige Wildman, I'm happy you enjoyed it. Humor, is the best medicine.

Blitz

#125397 - 02/27/08 01:23 AM Re: Another 8 inches of snow [Re: Kris]
Blitz Offline
Gear Junkie
Addict

Originally Posted By: Kris
BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

stay warm!

OK I want to be down there with you in the Caribbean.

More snow tonight and later in the week.

Blitz

#125398 - 02/27/08 01:29 AM Re: Another 8 inches of snow [Re: Art_in_FL]
Blitz Offline
Gear Junkie
Addict

Originally Posted By: Art_in_FL
Hit 80F down here.

Plan to get out and catch some sun tomorrow.

Thanks Buddy, I'll be remembering you in the summer when I'm up in VT enjoying the cool mountain breezes and you're down there with the 90% humidity sweating like a pig. grin

Just kiddin' I'm really jealous.

#125399 - 02/27/08 01:31 AM Re: Another 8 inches of snow [Re: benjammin]
Blitz Offline
Gear Junkie
Addict

Originally Posted By: benjammin
Ah yes, sitting in 8 inches of snow, with more falling, yelping and howling on the coyote calls, watching the opposite side of the draw for any sign of movement. Those are some great memories.

Come on up, you can relive the experience!

#125400 - 02/27/08 01:34 AM Re: Another 8 inches of snow [Re: RayW]
Blitz Offline
Gear Junkie
Addict

Originally Posted By: RayW
Went to a military vehicle get together over the weekend, thought some of you that are tired of looking at the white stuff would like to see what we have to put up with down here for the winter.

http://tinyurl.com/2gyqpy

Pretty cool Ray. Wheeling is great and then you break something, but it's still fun. Nice vehicles BTW.

#125415 - 02/27/08 04:47 AM Re: Another 8 inches of snow [Re: Blitz]
JCWohlschlag Offline
Old Hand

Loc: Sterling, Virginia, United Sta...
From someone who just recently moved from his 28-year-life-long home of Southern California to Northeast Pennsylvania, thank you for that. It got a definite chuckle that masked the horrified anxiety of what is to come.

#125493 - 02/27/08 10:37 PM Re: Another 8 inches of snow [Re: JCWohlschlag]
Blitz Offline
Gear Junkie
Addict

Thats a tough move JC, good luck. I think we have had about 4 1/2 feet of snow so far this year. Way more up north though, over 100 inches in most spots. eek

Blitz

#125494 - 02/27/08 10:40 PM Re: Another 8 inches of snow [Re: bsmith]
Blitz Offline
Gear Junkie
Addict

Originally Posted By: bsmith

it's real cold here today @ 58 brrrrrrrrrr. might have to put on a light sweater over my tee shirt. grin

and it's even gonna rain tonight.

rain? in socal? yep. maybe over an inch ! woo - hoo !

Why I oughta...

Seriously though, you better bundle up, I know how delicate you SoCal people are. cool laugh grin

Blitz

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 324 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:21 PM
Zippo Butane Inserts
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:11 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Using a Compass Without a Map
by KenK
02/28/24 12:22 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.