Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#125482 - 02/27/08 08:18 PM Re: 30 yr. old Benjamin Sheridan pellet rifle [Re: OldBaldGuy]
Joseph13 Offline
Journeyman

Paul D.,

Pleas forgive me for for not asking if you had pryor firearms experience. I just reread my post and felt like my father had typed it, when I was about 9yrs old.

In reguards to the CO2 cartridge still in the gun. I left one of my pellet pistols in my room with a charged CO2 cartridge for about a year, patialy used CO2 had not completly bleed off, so I got a his as I removed it. Some models have a rubber or silicone seal near/around the puncture needle. Your CO2 cylinder could have stuck to this, or some forign material could have collected around the cylinder. But, on the bright side your gun sounds like it survived storage well.

A friend of mine found his faters pump-action .22 rimfire in his shed after the gun had been in a house fire and a leak in the roof near the gun, it was a sad sight. It took two weeks for us to remove the rust/scale and reblue the metal then refinish the weathered stock.

If memory serves me your gun can take an adapter for the CO2 rod and cartridge, should you want to use a larger tank.

Anyway, glad to hear everything looks o.k. with the new toy. Best wishes on a very enjoyable shooting trip.

#125535 - 02/28/08 03:47 AM Re: 30 yr. old Benjamin Sheridan pellet rifle [Re: Joseph13]
Paul D. Offline

Loc: Porkopolis
Don't sweat it, either one of you guys. My first post was probably confusing because I wasn't really sure what to post about the thing. I didn't even know there was a .20/5mm pellet size until I got this thing. I've looked at a lot of nice (well expensive and European anyway) air rifles, but could never see spending the money when I could buy something with a little more "bang for the buck."

shocked

#126603 - 03/07/08 12:17 PM Re: 30 yr. old Benjamin Sheridan pellet rifle [Re: Paul D.]
AyersTG Offline
Veteran

Loc: Upper Mississippi River Valley...
I have an original Sheridan (pump) that's older than that. I had the Sheridan factory rebuild it for me in 1970 or 1971 (I obtained it used). It is an awesome little air rifle. I am more fond of it than my fancier spring guns. As you mention, too bad yours is not a pump.

Google it and you should find a fellow that specializes in these - I don't have the site on this computer. Plenty of info available on these.

The pump version, with some of that fellows modifications, is very well thought of by folks who actually use them long-term out in the boonies.

Tom

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
October
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (AndrewC), 43 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
survivelonger, hunterp, Dave123, ATN, tank9c1
5054 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Lost or Stolen Cell Phone
by Mark_R
11:06 PM
DR Mk-5 on sale at Woot.com
by Andy
10:52 PM
Ebola - prevention and mitigation
by Arney
05:57 PM
NatGeo: Two years after Sandy
by yee
05:50 PM
on not being blind
by chaosmagnet
03:23 PM
Caught on an erupting volcano!
by Arney
02:26 PM
Universally useful -- what goes into every pack?
by barbakane
02:37 AM
Welcome to ETS!
by Cauldronborn2
10/21/14 04:43 PM
Newest Images
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
70's Buck 501
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.