Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#123268 - 02/10/08 03:33 AM Re: Are clear water bottles a health hazard? [Re: benjammin]
ki7he Offline

Loc: SW Idaho
Originally Posted By: benjammin
Also heard that the WHO has come out to claim that tobacco accounts for 1 billion deaths annually???

There are just over 6 billion people in the world. One sixth of the world population dies every year from tobacco?

#123270 - 02/10/08 04:12 AM Re: Are clear water bottles a health hazard? [Re: ki7he]
NorCalDennis Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Sierra Foothills, Nor Cal
In California the FDA allows you to eat Salmon with trace amounts of mercury in it. By California environmental waste laws the remaining parts of the fish must be taken to a class 2 hazardous waste facility. Of course this is not done, but is shows you how wacked out CA is when it comes to their silly 'environmental' laws.

In my neck of the woods someone always seems to stumble across an old gold mine that suddenly needs to be cleaned up. One Superfund site cost millions to remove and/or encapsulate 'toxic' soil that contained traces of arsnic and lead. One of the attorneys in the case told me that if 100 people at a tablespoon of this stuff everyday for thirty years - maybe 5 of them might develop health problems resulting from this 'toxic' mess. The incidental contact that might happen would never be a legitimate healh issue, but the different state agencies here love to rattle their sabers and make people do things that won't improve the health, safety, or welfare of the neighbors around them.

Drink On...something else is going to be your demise.

#123272 - 02/10/08 05:01 AM Re: Are clear water bottles a health hazard? [Re: SwampDonkey]
ironraven Offline
Cranky Geek
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Vermont
Probably stuff like floride and chlorine is my guess. That it is visible tells me it probably came from the water, not from the bottle.

When a man dare not speak without malice for fear of giving insult, that is when truth starts to die. Truth is the truest freedom.

#123278 - 02/10/08 07:59 AM Re: Are clear water bottles a health hazard? [Re: SwampDonkey]
Art_in_FL Offline
Pooh-Bah

Originally Posted By: SwampDonkey
I often leave water bottles in my truck and they freeze overnight, after I thaw them out there is what looks like a small amount of white sediment in the bottom; does anyone know what this stuff is?

Mike

I suspect that that that white powder is just normal minerals. Mostly calcium and magnesium. Most non-distilled water has a small amount of these minerals in it and they tend to precipitate out as the water freezes. In reasonable amounts both magnesium and calcium are necessary minerals for human health. Most Americans are not getting enough.

#123287 - 02/10/08 03:41 PM Re: Are clear water bottles a health hazard? [Re: z96Cobra]
NorCalDennis Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Sierra Foothills, Nor Cal
You can YouTube Penn & Teller's segment on DHMO. It is hillarious!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yi3erdgVVTw

They send someone to an environmental activist gathering who goes around citing all the problems with DHMO in our environment. These folks sign the petition left and right. Some of the symptoms of DHMO exposure included sweating and increased urination.

Di hydrogen Monoxide is H2O - Water

#123289 - 02/10/08 04:27 PM Re: Are clear water bottles a health hazard? [Re: NorCalDennis]
Hacksaw
Unregistered

That's one of my favorite episodes.

Close second behind the 'gourmet water bar' they make telling people they have all these waters from around the world. In reality all glasses were filled from a hose in the alley.

#123306 - 02/10/08 05:59 PM Re: Are clear water bottles a health hazard? [Re: z96Cobra]
Arney Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: California
Originally Posted By: z96Cobra
So, because I asked if folks thought that the study was talking about Nalgene bottles, my intelligence is somehow inferior to yours?

My apologies, that wasn't what I was implying. I guess it would've been more accurate to say "scare someone who doesn't already know the DHMO urban legend". Apparently you already know it, but not everyone does.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
1 registered (SRMC), 332 Guests and 70 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:21 PM
Zippo Butane Inserts
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:11 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Using a Compass Without a Map
by KenK
02/28/24 12:22 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.