Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#118910 - 01/05/08 02:44 AM Got an ulcer? Want one?
Susan Offline
Geezer

Loc: W. WA
Very interesting read. Recheck your supplies and gear.

"Debtor Nation: The Hijacking of America's Economy" by Dr. Michael Hudson

http://www.acresusa.com/toolbox/reprints/Jan08_Hudson.pdf

Sue

#118930 - 01/05/08 05:08 AM Re: Got an ulcer? Want one? [Re: Susan]
Stretch Offline
Old Hand

Loc: Alamogordo, NM
I can't open your link, Sue.

#118946 - 01/05/08 02:07 PM Re: Got an ulcer? Want one? [Re: Susan]
bsmith Offline
day hiker
Addict

Loc: ventura county, ca

i can.

good article.

thanks.

#118953 - 01/05/08 04:35 PM Re: Got an ulcer? Want one? [Re: Susan]
Stretch Offline
Old Hand

OK. I got it to work. A lengthy read and I'm not nearly finished, but it's interesting so far..... scary, in fact.

#118969 - 01/05/08 08:47 PM Re: Got an ulcer? Want one? [Re: Stretch]
Susan Offline
Geezer

Loc: W. WA
Yeah, scary!

Vote for the crook of your choice, but vote!

After reading the article above, I wondered what would happen if there were a sort-of revolt in the U.S. and the Libertarian candidate was elected.

What would happen? Would he be assassinated by the CIA right away? Would he be totally shunned and obstructed by Congress? Would he be able to do anything constructive?

And the next question: would he stick to his guns or be seduced by the power and money?

Sue

#118980 - 01/05/08 10:35 PM Re: Got an ulcer? Want one? [Re: Susan]
Stretch Offline
Old Hand

This is my cup of tea. I could get this thread locked up so fast it would be "scary".

But I'm really tired of all this lockdown. I can;t muster the energy Sue. This thread certainly has potential, though... hehehe

#119011 - 01/06/08 02:52 AM Re: Got an ulcer? Want one? [Re: Stretch]
Art_in_FL Offline
Pooh-Bah

This wouldn't necessarily take a Libertarian to correct.

Remember that a 'tax-and-spend' liberal, Clinton, did pretty well at bringing things back into line. Correcting the slide the other way that resulted when the 'conservatives', who ran on a balanced budget and fiscal responsibility (Remember the 'contract on America'?) took over.

Fact - The the two greatest expansions in the federal deficit have been with people who claimed to be for a balanced budget and fiscal responsibility.

Hint - Claim to be for one thing and then to do everything possible against the cause is pretty much par for the GOP. Go figure.

Hint - This is standard propaganda technique. Hitler claimed to be protecting the German nation from the predations of the Jews. He also claimed to be preventing a war. The left hand distracts while the right hand does the dirty work.

In fact I don't have a whole lot of faith in anyone on the Libertarians ideological side. Elected a Libertarian would have little or no traction with either side. An isolated and hostile president might gridlock a legislative process when there are many things that really need to be done in a short amount of time.

#119013 - 01/06/08 03:04 AM Re: Got an ulcer? Want one? [Re: Susan]
Blast Offline
INTERCEPTOR
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: TX
So, anyone read a good western lately? I recently finished "Lonesome Dove" and thought it was pretty lame. It seemed like the author just wanted to see how many wacky characters he could come up with rather than actually write an engrossing book. I can't believe how much attention the book received!

Or we could talk about soup.

-Blast
Radio Call Sign: KI5BOG
*As an Amazon Influencer, I may earn a sales commission on Amazon links in my posts.

#119018 - 01/06/08 04:24 AM Re: Got an ulcer? Want one? [Re: Art_in_FL]
Stretch Offline
Old Hand

Originally Posted By: Art_in_FL

Remember that a 'tax-and-spend' liberal, Clinton, did pretty well at bringing things back into line. Correcting the slide the other way that resulted when the 'conservatives', who ran on a balanced budget and fiscal responsibility (Remember the 'contract on America'?) took over.

Having an interest in these things, and seeing that the thread has managed to survive so far, I'd like to know more about this "Contract on America". Could you tell me, accurately, what exactly that was? Was it itemized? Were there specific goals that an assembly was trying to reach? Did they achieve them? Was it a "contract" as in something gangsters do?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Stretch (01/06/08 04:25 AM)

#119026 - 01/06/08 07:45 AM Re: Got an ulcer? Want one? [Re: Blast]
KG2V Offline

Veteran

Loc: Queens, New York City
Originally Posted By: Blast
...snip..
Or we could talk about soup.

-Blast

Made a good one right after Thanksgiving. Boiled down the Turkey bones with some chicken, carrots, celery, and a turnip, pretty much a classic French style "Pot-a-fer" (sp?). Got to freeze 2-3 containers - I take the turnip out - I don't like eating them, but the taste they give the broth is fairly nice. I think tonight I'll fire up a container, add some fine egg noodles to it - Yum. Even my kids who hate turkey (there is no accounting for kids) like this soup
Blog: http://kg2v.blogspot.com

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 269 Guests and 21 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:21 PM
Zippo Butane Inserts
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:11 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Using a Compass Without a Map
by KenK
02/28/24 12:22 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.