Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#118245 - 12/31/07 02:55 PM Re: Tree thieves are out to steal your trees! [Re: Stretch]
jaywalke Offline

Loc: Appalachian mountains
When I lived in Washington state, people were stealing evergreens from the highway median and rest areas for x-mas trees. The highway department sprayed them with a mixture that included, among other things, coyote urine. Apparently it is undetectable when cold, but when the thieves got their tree home and set up in a warm house, the mix spread a stench throughout the house. Supposed to be hard to get rid of even after tossing the tree.

I thought that was an appropriate punishment.

#118270 - 12/31/07 07:01 PM Re: Tree thieves are out to steal your trees! [Re: Stretch]
Stu Offline
I am not a P.P.o.W.
Old Hand

Loc: Finger Lakes of NY State
Originally Posted By: Stretch
Originally Posted By: picard120
........does anyone have large trees on your property? You should spray paint your tree with your name.

I don't know about all this painting on trees...isn't there enough paint and graffitti on our walls? It's so....tacky..

I would think a simple name tag, smallish in nature, maybe suspended somewhat inconspicuously from a small limb or something, suspended with something environmentally friendly like....a small strand of hemp twine, would probably do the trick.

SNIP, what name tag???

#118298 - 12/31/07 09:47 PM Re: Tree thieves are out to steal your trees! [Re: Stretch]
NeighborBill Offline
Enthusiastic
Enthusiast

Loc: Oklahoma City
Don't need a name tag, just use the enviroterrorist's favorite: spike the tree.

Of course, if YOU need to ever cut it down...heh heh heh.

#118310 - 01/01/08 02:50 AM Re: Tree thieves are out to steal your trees! [Re: Stu]
Stretch Offline
Old Hand

Loc: Alamogordo, NM
Some threads you just have to have some fun with...............................

#118319 - 01/01/08 04:11 AM Re: Tree thieves are out to steal your trees! [Re: GarlyDog]
Susan Offline
Geezer

Loc: W. WA
Here in WA, the copper theives are stealing the copper wire from the big city and county light standards, and ripping off about $20,000 of the stuff at a time.

They're selling it, which means some metal buyers are buying stolen property and they know it. If anyone is looking, they should be checking out the buyers.

You don't really need to spike the trees... just put out signs saying you did.

The people who should spike their trees are the ones who have nice, big old trees that are blocking the view of the new neighbors. I wouldn't mind if some of those people got their own throats cut while cutting down other people's trees to improve their view, from the house they built on the lot they chose.

Sue mad

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
1 registered (adam2), 435 Guests and 189 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
03/27/24 11:21 PM
Zippo Butane Inserts
by dougwalkabout
03/27/24 11:11 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.