Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#115401 - 12/10/07 11:58 PM Re: Oh the pain!!!! [Re: OldBaldGuy]
MDinana Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Beer&Cheese country
Originally Posted By: OldBaldGuy
You FORGOT that? The shame. Our hot tub has a sign posted stating "No Suits In The Spa"...

Thanks OBG. That mental image going to haunt me! sick

Stretching is good. Get to the gym, strengthen your back muscles once you get over this current episode. Losing the paunch will help too, as you won't have an extra X pounds pulling the spine forward and out of whack.

Anyone out there ever seen a DO for osteopathic manipulation? It's not the same as chiropractics, but that speciality grew from osteopathy. Just wondering if what I'm learning in school works in the real world. (thanks!)

#115412 - 12/11/07 01:33 AM Re: Oh the pain!!!! [Re: MDinana]
Blast Offline
INTERCEPTOR
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: TX
Quote:
Anyone out there ever seen a DO for osteopathic manipulation? It's not the same as chiropractics, but that speciality grew from osteopathy.

I don't know about ostepathy, but the member "kmat" is a doctor of chiropractics.

-Blast
Radio Call Sign: KI5BOG
*As an Amazon Influencer, I may earn a sales commission on Amazon links in my posts.

#115424 - 12/11/07 02:33 AM Re: Oh the pain!!!! [Re: MDinana]
raydarkhorse Offline
Addict

Loc: on the road 10-11 months out o...
Dr. Grey in Antlers Oklahoma. Highly recomended by most pro rodeo riders and and those of us that have broken our necks, and were lucky enough to find him.

#115436 - 12/11/07 03:45 AM Re: Oh the pain!!!! [Re: raydarkhorse]
Mike_in_NKY Offline

Loc: KY
MDindana,

We took our young son to an osteopath for cranial manipulation in an attempt to cure his colic/sleeplessness. I kinda thought my wife was a little strange to try it. He had not slept through the night for at least a year. One visit to the osteopath for a cranial manipulation treatment and my wife and I awoke the next morning to each other instead of a crying baby. We looked at each other and said "did you get up"? When we both answered no, we immediately thought he had died!! We rushed into his room to see him soundly sleeping in a very peaceful way!!

Somethings you just have to experience for yourself to see if they work for you.

#115438 - 12/11/07 03:56 AM Re: Oh the pain!!!! [Re: MDinana]
LED Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: MDinana
Anyone out there ever seen a DO for osteopathic manipulation? It's not the same as chiropractics, but that speciality grew from osteopathy. Just wondering if what I'm learning in school works in the real world. (thanks!)

A DO is who worked out my back issue. Wish the field was as popular as it is in Europe. For those interested:

Quote:

An osteopath is a practitioner of the approach to healthcare named osteopathy (or osteopathic medicine), which emphasises the importance of the musculoskeletal system on general health.

Osteopaths are trained to use various healthcare interventions and technologies depending on the location of their training. In the U.S., osteopaths are trained at osteopathic medical schools. They are fully licensed physicians, with the same practice rights as physicians who carry an M. D. degree. Osteopathic physicians earn the degree of Diploma of Osteopathy or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (D.O.).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osteopath

#115455 - 12/11/07 12:12 PM Re: Oh the pain!!!! [Re: MDinana]
bws48 Offline
Old Hand

Loc: Anne Arundel County, Maryland
Originally Posted By: MDinana
Anyone out there ever seen a DO for osteopathic manipulation?

I did a long time ago for a back injury in college. The pain was incredible. The DO manipulated my back and gave me a "diathermy"(?) treatment. I walked out of the office pain free. A second treatment about a week later concluded the treatment. One rare occasions, the old injury will still bother me, but nothing that motrin or tylenol can't handle.

Good Luck

#115507 - 12/11/07 09:02 PM Re: Oh the pain!!!! [Re: MDinana]
benjammin Offline
Rapscallion
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Anchorage AK
Hmm, how did you know about the paunch?

Funny thing, I've been seeing a chiropractor for my neck and shoulder for about two months now. Since I had to leave town before I could get back in to see him, I will have to wait till friday.

If he can't make it better, I may have to look up an osteopath.

After getting it reasonably okay for travel Monday morning, I have been struggling to be able to walk upright. The snow here in Denver ain't helping my cause none.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 459 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Explorer9, GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav
5368 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Corny Jokes
by wildman800
Yesterday at 10:40 AM
People Are Not Paying Attention
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/19/24 07:49 PM
USCG rescue fishermen frm deserted island
by brandtb
04/17/24 11:35 PM
Silver
by brandtb
04/16/24 10:32 PM
EDC Reduction
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/16/24 03:13 PM
New York Earthquake
by chaosmagnet
04/09/24 12:27 PM
Bad review of a great backpack..
by Herman30
04/08/24 08:16 AM
Our adorable little earthquake
by Phaedrus
04/06/24 02:42 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.