Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#114967 - 12/06/07 07:34 PM Re: December - What I've done for preparedness [Re: DFW]
FritzMonroe Offline
Stranger

Loc: Maryland
I'm still real new and don't have all that much food put aside, probably just shy of a month right now. Added some beans to the food store. Added borax, Kosher salt and aluminum foil to the supplies.

Picked up 2 20# propane tanks off Craigs list for $5. Will fill them some time this week and add them to storage.

Wife and I have been working on our menu for the past couple weeks and adding in some meals to make with just our stores. We are making sure that when we buy the ingredients, we double or triple them to put into LTS.

#114973 - 12/06/07 08:26 PM Re: December - What I've done for preparedness [Re: FritzMonroe]
CANOEDOGS Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: MINNESOTA

took advantage of the new snow and cold weather to head down
to the Mississippi back waters to get a little "finger practice" with one of my survival stoves..

it was around 1:00 in the afternoon--first Wednesday of the
month and the city and suburbs starting sounding the storm
warning sirens for a test....Whoooooooooo...if i had my
shotgun along and this was a "survivalist" site i could
of got a good Youtube video....Whooooooo--grim looks..
Whoooooooooo--hope i can hold out untill "they" pass over..

#114989 - 12/06/07 11:26 PM Re: December - What I've done for preparedness [Re: CANOEDOGS]
DrmstrSpoodle Offline

I checked the expiration dates of the stuff in my first aid kit in the car, and all are still good! I also put some water, snacks, and other odds and ends in an old messenger bag I wasn't using, and it's stowed away under the passenger seat. It's a great supplement to the EDC I always have with me and in the car already...

#115714 - 12/13/07 12:09 AM Re: December - What I've done for preparedness [Re: DrmstrSpoodle]
Sherpadog
Unregistered

- Went through the food prep and came up with enough food to fill a good sized rubber maid tote. This food is destined for the local food bank.

- Cooked and portioned out, then froze a big shwack of pasta. Ended up with 31 bags which will feed two with no problem.

- Picked up another 20 bars Ivory hand soap that was on sale for a very good price.

- Bought 6 pair of bootlaces for the 2 new pair of boots.

- Thanks to a previous post here and good reviews elsewhere on the net, today we bought a dozen Eneloop batteries. Some of these batteries will get a tryout over the next couple of weeks in the digital camera. I have also put 4 of these batteries in the BOB's.

Thats it for this week....

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  MartinFocazio, Tyber 
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 353 Guests and 44 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Corny Jokes
by Jeanette_Isabelle
Yesterday at 11:47 PM
People Are Not Paying Attention
by Jeanette_Isabelle
Yesterday at 07:49 PM
USCG rescue fishermen frm deserted island
by brandtb
04/17/24 11:35 PM
Silver
by brandtb
04/16/24 10:32 PM
EDC Reduction
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/16/24 03:13 PM
New York Earthquake
by chaosmagnet
04/09/24 12:27 PM
Bad review of a great backpack..
by Herman30
04/08/24 08:16 AM
Our adorable little earthquake
by Phaedrus
04/06/24 02:42 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.