The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Topic Options
#113807 - 11/27/07 03:43 PM RSK Mk4
Ors Offline
Namu (Giant Tree)
Addict

Loc: Florida, USA
I haven't heard much about RSK Mk4 here in the forums...I was wondering who had them. I just got mine last week, and it's so cute! But like the testimonial, I now have a bald patch on my arm as well. I think it's going to really fit into certain situations better for me than my Mk1 or mini Mk1 will.

The clip seems quite flexible, and I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not...doesn't work well with my Riggs work pants pocket clip protector. Not likely I'd clip it to those pants anyway I guess...

I just hijacked the thread...didn't I?

I agree though...part of the money for DR gear bought through Aeromedix goes to ETS...great reason to buy there.

#113821 - 11/27/07 06:58 PM Re: RSK Mk4 [Re: Ors]
bmo Offline

Ahhh...the clip. I have discovered that whether or not I use the clip (and love the clip) depends entirely on the pants I'm wearing. In some instances it won't let go of my pants and I feel a little silly and conspicuous trying to pull it out. In other cases it is almost too easy to pull out, and I fear it will snag on something one day and be pulled right out of my pocket. I like the clip and it is a low profile affair that I do not intend to remove. It is simply a situational decision. Unlike Ors, I didn't get the impression that it is overly flexible, but this is only my second knife with a clip.

The blade is superb and the Axial locking mechanism is solid. One handed opening is a breeze.

The stone wash finish has a low sheen. The tweed scales pick up the light, but they are not bright under normal light conditions.

In my brief experience with this knife, it does not seem to scare people when I take it out of my pocket. The one handed opening is less of a flick and relies more the weight of the handle. I'm sure that alleviates some concerns. It has an heirloom quality that people associate with a favorite grandfather's pocket knife, not a tough tactical/survival tool.

#113897 - 11/28/07 05:14 AM Re: RSK Mk4 [Re: bmo]
Ors Offline
Namu (Giant Tree)
Addict

Loc: Florida, USA
I should clarify... I noticed that with the width of the protected pocket on the pants I'm referring too, the pocket clip did not lay down like a Mk1 or mini's clip does. Not being an expert, I'd guess that the clip has a much lower profile, to minimize bulk since it may be carried in pocket more than a more typical EDC knife, and I can envision the kind of pants with thinner material that would suit this kind of clip perfectly.

Still haven't gotten the opening down...

#113918 - 11/28/07 02:09 PM Re: RSK Mk4 [Re: Ors]
bmo Offline

Here you are, my friend, the one-handed opening video from the Aeromedix website:
RSK Mk4 One-Handed Opening Video

I've found that opening the knife takes even less of a "flick" than shown in the video.

Edited by bmo (11/28/07 02:15 PM)

#113987 - 11/29/07 01:01 AM Re: RSK Mk4 [Re: bmo]
Stretch Offline
Old Hand

Loc: Alamogordo, NM
The answer (to me anyway) to the clip grabbing the pants too tightly or so loose as to risk getting snagged and pulled out is: inside the waistband carry.

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 436 Guests and 41 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Corny Jokes
by Jeanette_Isabelle
Yesterday at 11:47 PM
People Are Not Paying Attention
by Jeanette_Isabelle
Yesterday at 07:49 PM
USCG rescue fishermen frm deserted island
by brandtb
04/17/24 11:35 PM
Silver
by brandtb
04/16/24 10:32 PM
EDC Reduction
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/16/24 03:13 PM
New York Earthquake
by chaosmagnet
04/09/24 12:27 PM
Bad review of a great backpack..
by Herman30
04/08/24 08:16 AM
Our adorable little earthquake
by Phaedrus
04/06/24 02:42 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.