Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#112850 - 11/18/07 08:09 PM Re: Man walks 10 hours across Arctic tundra while [Re: TQS]
Shadow_oo00 Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Pennsylvania, USA
If you say so it must be true..............................

Prepare Or Not To Prepare That Is The Question. The Answer, You Better !!!

#112935 - 11/19/07 11:05 AM Re: Man walks 10 hours across Arctic tundra while [Re: Shadow_oo00]
TQS Offline

Loc: Humboldt County, CA
I appreciate the confidence boost. Oftentimes I overlook or fail to promptly recognize that much of my good traits and mannerisms are easily attributable to others I have learned from in one way or another.
While it is true that we can all be perfect, it is true that we can't all be the same.

#112949 - 11/19/07 02:52 PM Re: Man walks 10 hours across Arctic tundra while [Re: NightHiker]
Naseem Offline

Loc: Guyana, South America
From another part of the world...

Here in Guyana (South America), we have the Amerindians (our indigenous peoples) who live in the harsh jungle and mountainous environments. For city dwellers, this is incomprehensible in that we (I am still constantly amazed) assume that our (especially people like me, any maybe some on this forum) limits of physical and mental endurance are the limits of everyone.

This could not be more wrong!!!

In Georgetown (the capital) a 5yrs old child would have to be transported to school by a parent/adult, while in the interior, a bunch of these Amerindian children would get into a dugout canoe and paddle for 2hrs to get to school.

These Amerindians are generally poor people, but in witnessing these feats (that's what I call it - for them it's a regular day) I'm in awe and am myself impoverished. There is so much to learn - especially how to adapt to an environment to the point that I can relax (well at least not stress myself out to the point of fatigue and eventual panic) and survive.

Now where do I plug in my hair dryer?

N.

#112977 - 11/19/07 08:18 PM Re: Man walks 10 hours across Arctic tundra while [Re: TQS]
Shadow_oo00 Offline
Enthusiast

ahhhhh yep!!! Didn't know you were looking for a pat on the back, that department is down the hall to the left too. As far as learning from someone else, I'm all for that. Here's the thing, we're all different, no doubt about that, everyone thinks what they have to say is important, sometimes I think they talk to hear themselves talk and at the same time impress others. I'm not about that, someones ask's a question I give a answer related to that question, not about something else, its always on topic. I guess everyone see's things different. I tend to stay on tract, if I was looking for health advice or nutritional advice I would have looked under a different topic.......lol or consulted a Doctor. I thought the comments were headed off topic so I made a funny, ohhhhhh bad me, see what I did , I made the topic go farther off into left field. Should I be looking for a pat on the back or a confidence boost, nawwww I don't think I need that.

Edited by Shadow_oo00 (11/19/07 09:29 PM)

#113161 - 11/21/07 08:32 AM Re: Man walks 10 hours across Arctic tundra while [Re: Shadow_oo00]
TQS Offline

I'm not trying to judge you, Sh-ooOO. All I was saying is that everyone seems to think that 60 year olds are universally not fit anymore, and most people tend to think that it is some great feat when any older person accomplishes something in the least bit physically demanding. But I was raised by a professional athlete who is now in his 70's and he still enjoys competing athletically with guys in their 30's. That old guy up north might not be a pro athlete, but he is no city-boy either. What gives? So, I am blessed with a different perspective than most, and I feel strongly about it. That's why when I'm in my 60's I'll be able to run 10 miles and back without having to do lunch, and maybe you'll still be looking for left field. There's nothing wrong with that, and concerning my "advice", don't feel so targeted, as it is only my own personal opinion, my own "take" or understanding, if you will, nothing to get all worked up about. Concerning my confidence boost reference, that was only a little sarcasm mixed with a little dry humor, again, nothing to get upset about, no deliberate attempt on my part make you feel like becoming defensive. Funny's are good, I like funnies, keep 'em coming, you're obviously better at it than I am. I guess what I've learned here is that a dry sense of humor can be embarassing if not downright attractive as a roostertail.

Edited by TQS (11/21/07 08:35 AM)

#113175 - 11/21/07 12:20 PM Re: Man walks 10 hours across Arctic tundra while [Re: TQS]
Shadow_oo00 Offline
Enthusiast

There ya go again.......lol ramblin on, I never said anything about you judging me, and I never said I was upset or felt targeted, read the lines not between them.

We're Done Here........this is a waste of time.

Edited by Shadow_oo00 (11/21/07 12:53 PM)

#113196 - 11/21/07 08:22 PM Re: Man walks 10 hours across Arctic tundra while [Re: Shadow_oo00]
TQS Offline

Middle middle fiddle faddle piddle paddle pip!

#113198 - 11/21/07 10:03 PM Re: Man walks 10 hours across Arctic tundra while [Re: TQS]
Shadow_oo00 Offline
Enthusiast

Edited by Shadow_oo00 (11/21/07 11:14 PM)

#113225 - 11/22/07 02:25 AM Re: Man walks 10 hours across Arctic tundra while [Re: Shadow_oo00]
bsmith Offline
day hiker
Addict

Loc: ventura county, ca

Originally Posted By: Shadow_oo00

!

#113537 - 11/25/07 09:37 PM Re: Man walks 10 hours across Arctic tundra while [Re: TQS]
Shadow_oo00 Offline
Enthusiast

And this doesn't surprise me either.

"Middle middle fiddle faddle piddle paddle pip!"

Peanut Gallery, glad your not on my side.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 324 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:21 PM
Zippo Butane Inserts
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:11 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Using a Compass Without a Map
by KenK
02/28/24 12:22 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.