Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#111406 - 11/05/07 12:14 AM Let's Back Down the Politics, Please.
MartinFocazio Offline

Pooh-Bah

Loc: Bucks County PA
If this forum were my old pickup truck, I'd be pulling over right now because things are running a little "hot"....

Has anyone seen that new movie with Steve Carell? I did. It's actually a chick-flick, so take heed, if needed.

#111418 - 11/05/07 01:08 AM Re: Let's Back Down the Politics, Please. [Re: NightHiker]
Stretch Offline
Old Hand

Loc: Alamogordo, NM
Hurray! Finally, a warning where I have a clear conscience! Ha! A first for me!

I haven't seen the movie. How does it tie in?

#111443 - 11/05/07 03:03 AM Re: Let's Back Down the Politics, Please. [Re: MartinFocazio]
ironraven Offline
Cranky Geek
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Vermont
Who?

Sorry, I'm not much for recent movies and I always bad with names at the best of times- what is the name of the movie?

When a man dare not speak without malice for fear of giving insult, that is when truth starts to die. Truth is the truest freedom.

#111457 - 11/05/07 09:23 AM Re: Let's Back Down the Politics, Please. [Re: Stretch]
MartinFocazio Offline

Pooh-Bah

Loc: Bucks County PA
Well, the movie, called "Dan in Real Life" is a story of Dan, who is a widower raising his three teen daughters. Dan has an advice column in a newspaper that tells people The Right Way To Raise Their Teens, and of course, he's got troubles with his own. His wife has been dead four years when we meet Dan. Dan goes to the family vacation home, when he meets a woman at a bookstore. A charming, flirtatious conversation ensues.

And if I tell you what happens after that, you'll figure out the whole movie, every last bit of it, because that's exactly what happened to me in the scene that followed the bookstore meeting between him and her. So I spent the remaining hour and 20 minutes waiting for the inevitable ending, and I was rewarded by getting exactly the ending I expected.

Oh, and this movie has NOTHING AT ALL to do with any threads here. I'm just trying to keep the conversation civil.

#111589 - 11/06/07 12:36 AM Re: Let's Back Down the Politics, Please. [Re: MartinFocazio]
Stretch Offline
Old Hand

Loc: Alamogordo, NM
Well, now I'm disappointed. I thought you were going to say "people started talking about politics in the movie, and didn;t stop when they were warned to, and they all died or got sniped by the moderators" or some such silly stuff.

Ok. Maybe we'll rent the flick.......maybe

((( laugh )))

Edited by Stretch (11/06/07 12:40 AM)

#111628 - 11/06/07 06:05 AM Re: Let's Back Down the Politics, Please. [Re: MartinFocazio]
TQS Offline

Loc: Humboldt County, CA
Chick-flicks are bad for you. Only watch good movies.

#111638 - 11/06/07 01:07 PM Re: Let's Back Down the Politics, Please. [Re: MartinFocazio]
Russ Offline
Geezer

Loc: SOCAL
Yeah, nobody cares if Dan is a PHRASECENSOREDPOSTERSHOULDKNOWBETTER. or a PHRASECENSOREDPOSTERSHOULDKNOWBETTER..

Anybody catch the Navy vs Notre Dame Football Game? Talk about survival. . . cool

#111646 - 11/06/07 02:05 PM Re: Let's Back Down the Politics, Please. [Re: Russ]
Andy Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: SE PA
Originally Posted By: RAS
Anybody catch the Navy vs Notre Dame Football Game? Talk about survival. . . cool

As an ND alumnus and part of long legacy of ND alumni and supporters (my grandfather was Knute Rockne's Dean and good friend) that was a tough nut to handle on Saturday. But all praise and honor should go the the folks from the Naval Academy. Many times ND has offered to let Navy out of its committment to play each year but Navy always has honored the tradition and I thank them for it. God bless them and I hope it's another 43 years before they do it again.

I was a team manager for ND back in the coaching days of Ara and each game the managers for both team would have a wager on the outcome. So I do have a beer mug from the Naval Academy, into which I've been crying.

Go Navy, Beat Army!

#111649 - 11/06/07 02:29 PM Re: Let's Back Down the Politics, Please. [Re: MartinFocazio]
MDinana Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Beer&Cheese country
Yes I did. Predictable as hell, though there was enough humor in it to keep it bearable. It wasn't as bad as The Notebook or When Harry Met Sally.

I gotta say though, that my gf does rock. I mean, I have to see a few chick flicks. But she's a huge Packers fan, which means I get to see the Lions/Packers match up on Thanksgiving. I think that evens it out. Plus she never gripes when I take her to random baseball games, in my quest to hit all the stadiums.

#111652 - 11/06/07 02:39 PM Re: Let's Back Down the Politics, Please. [Re: Andy]
raydarkhorse Offline
Addict

Loc: on the road 10-11 months out o...
Originally Posted By: Andy
Originally Posted By: RAS

Go Navy, Beat Army!

I have a real problem here being a veteran of the Army and Navy. Ok I admit it I got stupid twice (but wouldn't trade my time in service for anything).

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 269 Guests and 21 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:21 PM
Zippo Butane Inserts
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:11 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Using a Compass Without a Map
by KenK
02/28/24 12:22 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.