Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#112067 - 11/09/07 06:34 PM Re: Prepping a house to hunker down in [Re: Farmer]
GoatMan Offline

I thought Doug didn't like threads like this on his site. Doesn't anyone else hear the "Survivalist" screaming within this thread? Yes, times are changing, but prepare realistically and practically. Post "End of the World" threads elsewhere. I'd like to see this site, particularly these forums, keep true to their original intent and not get wasted away to become another beaten down Survivalist site. I don't believe Doug wants that either.

I'll get off my soap box. Just encouraging everyone to spend their energy on things that really matter.

#112077 - 11/09/07 08:23 PM Re: Prepping a house to hunker down in [Re: DOGSOFWAR]
MarshAviator Offline
Marsh Aviator
Journeyman

Loc: Baton Rouge, LA, USA
Cities are hard places to live if order breaks down.
I wish you luck.
It's almost impossible without your tribe (next door folks,friends co-occupants).
Fixed sites always can be breached by determined aggressors.
Of course you don't have to make it easy, but a community approach is typically more effective as it shares the workload and provides more diversity skills wise.
No matter how tactically prepared a person is, few can stand by and watch other suffer and ignore their plight like a Kafka novel.

The main lesson from Katrina is supplies for two weeks to 30 days if the Government doesn't intervene and years if they do.
BTW we still have friends now living in Baton Rouge recovering from all the "Help" in New Orleans.

#112081 - 11/09/07 08:42 PM Re: Prepping a house to hunker down in [Re: GoatMan]
Susan Offline
Geezer

Loc: W. WA
"Just encouraging everyone to spend their energy on things that really matter."

ummmmm...... things that matter to other people or to you?

I've been a member of this site for several years now and, as shocking as it might be to some people, YES, we do have some survivalist types here, some fairly permanent and some who are just passing through. And thus far, the ETS site hasn't degenerated into a hardcore hide-in-the-woods-with-lots-of-ammo site. We've got a lot of people here who really seem to have their heads screwed on just fine, and nobody is going to change that.

And I'm going to add another thought here: I've never actually seen a clear line dividing survivalism and urban/wilderness survival. Most of us just pick and choose how far we want to go in either direction. And if we want to talk about zombie attacks and pirates, we will.

So, if you don't like the thread, just move on to another one. Simple.

Sue

#112095 - 11/09/07 11:42 PM Re: Prepping a house to hunker down in [Re: Susan]
Stu Offline
I am not a P.P.o.W.
Old Hand

Loc: Finger Lakes of NY State
Originally Posted By: Susan

So, if you don't like the thread, just move on to another one. Simple.

Sue

Well Said!

#112105 - 11/10/07 12:34 AM Re: Prepping a house to hunker down in [Re: Stu]
Shadow_oo00 Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Pennsylvania, USA
whistle Quietly checks and rechecks all nuts, bolts and screws holding head to shoulders. grin

Prepare Or Not To Prepare That Is The Question. The Answer, You Better !!!

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 444 Guests and 28 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
03/27/24 11:21 PM
Zippo Butane Inserts
by dougwalkabout
03/27/24 11:11 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.