The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#110285 - 10/27/07 11:11 PM Re: Flight Of The Apache [Re: Am_Fear_Liath_Mor]
OldBaldGuy Offline
Geezer

Loc: Former AFB in CA, recouping fr...
There are B2's, and then there are B.2's...

#110290 - 10/27/07 11:38 PM Re: Flight Of The Apache [Re: OldBaldGuy]
Shadow_oo00 Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Pennsylvania, USA
Did I say they had to be informed all I said was they were not and that they the officials were alarmed as well curious whatever you want to call it you all are making this out to be more than it was intended to be, is was supposed to be the way a mind thinks in certain situations nothing more nothing less its not about military helos flying over any damn city I used that as an example because it happened that night it could just as well been a freekin brown paper bag left at a mall and you guys would have blown it out of context.........geezzzzzz seee if I ever post on here again.

You know I want to say a lot more in response but I'm going to bite my tongue, I'm sure you'll take offense to this and twist it around but I really don't care at this point, its not worth my time.

Edited by Shadow_oo00 (10/27/07 11:54 PM)

Prepare Or Not To Prepare That Is The Question. The Answer, You Better !!!

#110293 - 10/27/07 11:57 PM Re: Flight Of The Apache [Re: Shadow_oo00]
OldBaldGuy Offline
Geezer

Loc: Former AFB in CA, recouping fr...
How come this got appended to my last comment? Mellow out dude...

#110295 - 10/28/07 12:03 AM Re: Flight Of The Apache [Re: OldBaldGuy]
Shadow_oo00 Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Pennsylvania, USA
Nothing to do with you oldbaldguy, asfried made the comment that broke the camels back so to speak and I will mellow when I'm ready, just upsets me when people blow things out of context, and I have every right to respond.

If its not appended or whatever thats my bad I just replied to a comment made sorry about the order it was received in.

Edited by Shadow_oo00 (10/28/07 12:05 AM)

Prepare Or Not To Prepare That Is The Question. The Answer, You Better !!!

#110305 - 10/28/07 02:34 AM Re: Flight Of The Apache [Re: Shadow_oo00]
JCWohlschlag Offline
Old Hand

Loc: Sterling, Virginia, United Sta...
Meh, don’t stress about it, Shadow. Seeing an AH-64 Apache gunship hovering over a metro area would certainly get my attention, and would certainly get most people’s attention. It would be a “Hell, yeah! Where’s the airshow?” moment for sure. In fact, the only thing more intriguing I can think of would be a saucer shaped silver disc hovering over a city. Now that would get some attention!

#110306 - 10/28/07 03:28 AM Re: Flight Of The Apache [Re: JCWohlschlag]
acropolis5 Offline
Enthusiast

I understand the concern you felt. Every time I drive to the office on the Palisade Interstate Parkway and I see the little black NEST helos flying down the Hudson or circling Manhattan, I let my wife know by cell phone, turn on the radio to the news channel and mentally check my emergency supplies/plans. Must be a hangover from 9/11.

#110485 - 10/29/07 01:02 PM Re: Flight Of The Apache [Re: acropolis5]
benjammin Offline
Rapscallion
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Anchorage AK
Them Apaches were better'n a security blanket at night in Baghdad. When they were up flying, no one was trying to shoot rockets or mortars at us. Nothing sounded sweeter after a mortar barrage than the sound of an Apache Gat or a hellfire ripping through the sky; if they were shooting, bad guys were definitely dying.

There's a reason why we always referred to a fully loaded Apache as BAMF, I'll let you decipher the Acronym. The Cobras were also nice, and you could tell when they were on patrol cuz they sound like a real chopper, just like a big Harley idling down the street. Never did get to hear them fire anything off, but we always called them "MR. Death". It got to where I couldn't fall asleep at night if it was quiet. You knew sooner or later something would start falling from the sky. Helos on patrol was much better, even if the big Chinooks did bounce you outta your bunk on approach.

Oh yeah, and if we ever had civil issues with our government, you can be darned sure there'd be foreigners coming out of the woodwork in droves to render us aid. You think they got a border control problem now, if we were ever forced to revolt against our own government, the insurgency in Iraq would look like a game of Red Rover on the playground comparatively.

It ain't what people have in their gun safes that might keep them politicos from exercising martial law on us, it's what's buried deep out in the middle of wheat fields and BLM wasteland that will put a sting in any "civil disobedience" effort. I seen enough of what is in some of them crates to know our govt would have to go to using Nukes pretty quick if they expected to stay in office for long after sicking the dogs on us.

#110622 - 10/30/07 01:17 AM Re: Flight Of The Apache [Re: norad45]
samhain Offline
Addict

Loc: Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Quote:
They'll get my foie gras when they pry it from my cold, dead hands!

Ewww!!!! sick

#110693 - 10/30/07 01:08 PM Re: Flight Of The Apache [Re: norad45]
raydarkhorse Offline
Addict

Loc: on the road 10-11 months out o...
Granted the goverment woudn't be able to do it without help but you know those guys at the UN in thier baby glue hats would help them out. You know that a goverment of the people by the people and for the people, is a bit scary for them and goes against everything they stand for.

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
1 registered (Jeanette_Isabelle), 430 Guests and 23 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Zippo Butane Inserts
by NAro
Today at 11:57 AM
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
03/27/24 11:21 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.