Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Topic Options
#10836 - 11/24/02 07:48 PM My PSK list
Anonymous
Unregistered

This is a list of the items in my PSK (I think). I recently wrote a list and put it inside the tin, sealed it up and forgot to leave a copy outside.<br><br>No. Signals Group<br>1 Perry whistle<br>1 Polished inside as tin acts as mirror<br><br> Emergency Devices Group<br>1 Single edge razor blade<br>2 Scalpel Blades<br>1 Sweedish Firesteel with striker, 12" beaded chain<br>1 cotton wool paching (tinder)<br>4 Windproof/Waterproof NATO Lifeboat matches and striker strip<br>1 BCB wire saw<br>1 Fishing kit in electrical tape: 3 ass. Hooks, 5 split shot, 2 safty pins<br>50ft 20 lb. Monofilament fishing line<br>1 BCB Button compass<br><br> Medical Group<br>2 Parcetamol<br>2 2" x 1" Plasters<br>1 3" x 2" Plaster<br><br> Water & Food Group<br>12 Water Purification Tablets<br>1 Condom<br><br> Miscellaneous/ Multi-purpose Group<br>75ft Dental Floss<br>4ft Electrical tape (sealing kit)<br>2ft Duct tape<br>10ft Cotton sewing thread<br>1 Sewing Awl<br>3 Sewing Needles<br>7 Safety Pins<br>1 Pencil<br>1 A4 Sheet Paper<br>1 Two piece steel tobacco tin<br><br>I relise that my fishing kit is far from adaquate. I do not fish and therefore just had what was lieing about the house. I bought some line from a local fishing shop and asked if they stocked gaff hooks. They did not.<br><br>Any comments suggestions would be much appreasiated<br>

#10837 - 11/24/02 09:45 PM Re: My PSK list
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi, first post/ reply as you might see.<br>Appears to be a good kit.<br><br>Think the 2 Parcetamol should be of the suppository type, those can also be taken orally. Regular Parcetamol can also be taken the other way, although suppository type is a bit easier to use that way.<br><br>Question, you write:<br>"1 Fishing kit in electrical tape: 3 ass. ......."<br><br>What does "in electrical tape" indicate? Is the tape wrapped directly around the fishing kit? <br><br>Be aware of that some of the handles of the Swedish Firesteel might come of rather easily. I have drilled a small hole and inserted a thick monofilament through the handle and "steel" on the Firesteel I use. Use water as coolant when drilling...<br><br>Tore

#10838 - 11/24/02 09:51 PM Re: My PSK list
Anonymous
Unregistered

thanks. when I say in electrical tape I mean that the components are layed out on a piece of tape and it is folded over. It ends up as a flat pacage about 2" long. It is not Ideal but it does the job for the moment before I sort out something better.

#10839 - 11/24/02 10:04 PM Re: My PSK list
Tjin Offline
Pooh-Bah

looks good to me, but i would add another condom ( they dont really last..) or other water container ( i use zipoc bags ), some aluminium foil in it, candle , LED light and maybe a p-38..<br><br>i also had trouble finding graff's, they fish here for fun, not to eat/kill fish... <br><br>and if find it intersting this is my kit contens: http://www.equipped.org/wwwthreads/showthreaded.pl?Cat=&Board=survival&Number=10362&page=0&view=expanded&sb=5&o=0&fpart=

#10840 - 11/25/02 01:15 AM Re: My PSK list
Neanderthal Offline
newbie member

Loc: Pennsylvania
Remove the handle from the Swedish firesteel and discard. Drill a small hole near the end of the rod as Tore suggested. Attach a small split ring (available at Fishing stores). The split ring serves as a handle as well as an attachment point for neck chains, etc. Don't forget the water for cooling/lubrication during drilling, once again as Tore suggested. Otherwise expect a shower of sparks and a dull drill bit.

PROVERBS 21:19

#10841 - 11/25/02 02:10 AM Re: My PSK list
Anonymous
Unregistered

A "Gaff Hook," doesn't necessarily have to be labled as a "Gaff Hook" to qualify as one. Just go to your local fishing supply store and get the biggest freakin' hook you can find. You will probably end up having to buy a package of 5 or 6 of them, but it should cost you no more than a buck or two. If all else fails...just contact me and I'll send you one of mine.<br><br>John McIntire

#10842 - 11/25/02 02:20 AM Re: My PSK list
Anonymous
Unregistered

Good point to remove the handle, I do some survival instructions and have kept the handle as the FireSteel then looks like the FS the participants are using. I would although rather use a cord (minimum 36"/1meter looped 1/8 or 1/16), instead of the split ring. My daily use FireSteel has a 1,5meter paracord that is attached to my belt. The best survival equipment is the one you bring with you and that is not lost.<br>Would replace the original "striker" with a similar length of hack saw blade and squared the back of the blade.<br><br>Do not try to blow the chips away while drilling the FireSteel... done that...<br><br>I would be careful about putting tape directly on the monofilament as the glue might break down the line. Could it be put in a small alu foil to protect it from the tape glue?<br><br>Although - what works for you should keep you happy...<br><br>Tore

#10843 - 11/26/02 07:47 PM Re: My PSK list
Anonymous
Unregistered

any more suggestions?

#10844 - 11/26/02 07:55 PM Re: My PSK list
Anonymous
Unregistered

I also have a candle in my kit. And I have got a piece of hacksaw ready, but desided against it as it wears down the flint fast. The electric take is holding the hooks and sinkers. The line is on a bobbin ;)<br>thanks

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online
1 registered (brandtb), 171 Guests and 57 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Silver
by brandtb
5 minutes 53 seconds ago
EDC Reduction
by Jeanette_Isabelle
Today at 03:13 PM
USCG rescue fishermen frm deserted island
by Ren
Yesterday at 06:35 PM
New York Earthquake
by chaosmagnet
04/09/24 12:27 PM
Bad review of a great backpack..
by Herman30
04/08/24 08:16 AM
Our adorable little earthquake
by Phaedrus
04/06/24 02:42 AM
Amanda Nenigar found dead
by Phaedrus
04/05/24 04:39 AM
Any shortages where you are?
by adam2
04/04/24 04:19 PM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.