Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#108257 - 10/10/07 04:49 PM Re: NY woman bid for rich husband but she was reje [Re: picard120]
JCWohlschlag Offline
Old Hand

Loc: Sterling, Virginia, United Sta...
Originally Posted By: picard120
I'm articulate and classy.

If she were either articulate or classy, she would have never posted that bullcrap in the first place. “Articulate” and “classy” finds a significant other the old-fashioned way, through meshing of personalities. If you want to pick your mate off a shelf, there are websites for that.

#108270 - 10/10/07 06:01 PM Re: NY woman bid for rich husband but she was rejected [Re: picard120]
DesertFox Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: New York, NY
I'm betting this was put on Craigslist as a joke or a parody. Not that there aren't people who think like this . . .

#108272 - 10/10/07 06:23 PM Re: NY woman bid for rich husband but she was reje [Re: DesertFox]
OutdoorDad Offline
Journeyman

Reminds me of the 'personals ad':

'Seeking single woman 20-35, enjoys outdoor activity, camping, hunting, fishing, and must own truck. Please respond, include picture of truck.'

#108273 - 10/10/07 06:33 PM Re: NY woman bid for rich husband but she was rejected [Re: DesertFox]
Susan Offline
Geezer

Loc: W. WA
It seems to me that if money and looks are all that is involved, it's a no-go from the beginning. She's offering herself as a temporary commodity, the same thing as hookers do. Once they're married, what is there? He works long hours to make the money, she spends it.

I know two very pretty women at work. They can't hold a conversation with even an average person.

Questions they've asked:
What is scurvy?
The Revolutionary War? What's that?
What does 'expedient' mean?
Down? What's down? I think there are feathers in my vest because sometimes they come out.

They can talk makeup and clothes by the hour, but they never do anything for anyone else. Every waking hour is centered around them, and what they want, and what other people can do for them.

They're rather pathetic individuals, IMHO.

Sue

#108276 - 10/10/07 06:39 PM Re: NY woman bid for rich husband but she was rejected [Re: Susan]
Dragonscript Offline

1 million is middle class in NY? I do pretty well for myself on 5% of that.

#108284 - 10/10/07 08:17 PM Re: NY woman bid for rich husband but she was rejected [Re: picard120]
Leigh_Ratcliffe Offline
Veteran

Loc: United Kingdom.
1) Any woman with sense always marries the richest decent man she can find.

2) What's wrong with wanting to marry to advantage?

3) She's got looks, brains to match and she's honest about what she wants.

4) As its put in Little Women:

"A man possessed of a fortune is in need of a wife."

5) Advert should have been:

Husband wanted.
Personal fortune a necessity.
Sense of humour required. (let's the business man out!)

I hope that she succeeds.

#108298 - 10/10/07 10:28 PM Re: NY woman bid for rich husband but she was rejected [Re: JohnnyUpton]
picard120 Offline
Old Hand

I wonder what is the lease rate for her. I hope the lease is competitive. smile

#108316 - 10/11/07 01:12 AM Re: NY woman bid for rich husband but she was rejected [Re: Leigh_Ratcliffe]
Susan Offline
Geezer

Loc: W. WA
> As its put in Little Women: "A man possessed of a fortune is in need of a wife."

No one in Little Women would have said that. That was from Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austin.

The British have always been a bit different about things like that. The American feeling tends to be, Why buy a cow when you can get the milk for free?

Sue

#108334 - 10/11/07 11:46 AM Re: NY woman bid for rich husband but she was rejected [Re: Susan]
benjammin Offline
Rapscallion
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Anchorage AK
I was starting to wonder when you would post on this thread.

Ah, the satisfaction...

I raised my daughters to be wholly different. Whomever they find in life better be able to keep up with them.

Sad to say, I've known women such as you describe at your office. Man, what a burden they were (note the past tense). Real nice on the eyes, but wholly uninteresting in conversation, save for the prospect of eventually bedding them if I listened long enough, and then what a drain on the wallet afterwards. Quid Pro Quo I suppose, but I gotta think I'd have fared better with a decent hooker; at least then I wouldn't have to listen to the cluck-cluck-cluck for hours beforehand, and I would know what it would cost me up front...

#108370 - 10/11/07 05:07 PM Re: NY woman bid for rich husband but she was rejected [Re: Susan]
Am_Fear_Liath_Mor Offline
Carpal Tunnel

From Pride and Predjudice by Jane Austin

Quote:
Unhappy as the event must be ... we may draw from it this useful lesson: that loss of virtue in a female is irretrievable; that one false step involves her in endless ruin; that her reputation is no less brittle than it is beautiful; and that she cannot be too much guarded in her behaviour towards the undeserving of the other sex.

The feminist revolution continues apace to revolutionise the world. This poor New York Girls predictament is perhaps just an indication of the start of the counter revolution.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 582 Guests and 26 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Explorer9, GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav
5368 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Corny Jokes
by wildman800
Yesterday at 10:40 AM
People Are Not Paying Attention
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/19/24 07:49 PM
USCG rescue fishermen frm deserted island
by brandtb
04/17/24 11:35 PM
Silver
by brandtb
04/16/24 10:32 PM
EDC Reduction
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/16/24 03:13 PM
New York Earthquake
by chaosmagnet
04/09/24 12:27 PM
Bad review of a great backpack..
by Herman30
04/08/24 08:16 AM
Our adorable little earthquake
by Phaedrus
04/06/24 02:42 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.