Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#107534 - 10/02/07 11:49 AM Re: Blast's Emergency Binder details [Re: JCWohlschlag]
Blast Offline
INTERCEPTOR
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: TX
Quote:
Originally Posted By: Blast

9. Animal control
10. County SPCA office

Let me guess… recent additions?

Actually, they've been there since we built the house. Our heighborhood was brand new without a lot of houses back then. It became a prime dumping point for unwanted animals. The second summer I trapped 13 cats for the humane society. Hmmm, I guess they got their revenge...

-Blast
Radio Call Sign: KI5BOG
*As an Amazon Influencer, I may earn a sales commission on Amazon links in my posts.

#107536 - 10/02/07 12:17 PM Re: Blast's Emergency Binder details [Re: Blast]
Halcon Offline
Journeyman

great job. That is an excellent example of great forward thinking

A tip of the hat!

#107544 - 10/02/07 02:25 PM Re: Blast's Emergency Binder details [Re: LED]
benjammin Offline
Rapscallion
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Anchorage AK
I have a home-made three ring organizer that I've toted for years that has about three times the information in it, not in any real order, just countless names, numbers, and titles, many of which are out of date or obsolete. I add more to the list as time goes by, and I can probably figure out fairly easily which ones I would use for what, but for anyone else, they may just as well pick up a 3 year old phone book.

#107545 - 10/02/07 02:49 PM Re: Blast's Emergency Binder details [Re: benjammin]
dougwalkabout Offline
Crazy Canuck
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Alberta, Canada
Great binder.

Just curious, though: how do you keep it secure? I'm thinking about privacy and identity theft issues. Seems like there is a lot of very personal information in there, in a highly portable package.

#107550 - 10/02/07 04:48 PM Re: Blast's Emergency Binder details [Re: dougwalkabout]
Blast Offline
INTERCEPTOR
Carpal Tunnel

Dougwalkabout,

The only real "dangerous" information is the copy of my pasport and I consider that an acceptable risk. The neighbors' house keys are coded in a manner that we know which is which but a thief would have a hard time deciphering. The binder itself is has been "domesticaly camoflauged".

In general, there are more valuable objects within plain sight that will tempt a thief. I feel the risk of losing the binder is minor to zero. Meanwhile, it is easy to get in case of a fast evacuation.

-Blast
*As an Amazon Influencer, I may earn a sales commission on Amazon links in my posts.

#107563 - 10/02/07 06:48 PM Re: Blast's Emergency Binder details [Re: Blast]
DesertFox Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: New York, NY
Besides, would you burglarize a guy whose nickname is "Blast"?
Great binder. Gave me a lot to think about.

#107564 - 10/02/07 06:51 PM Re: Blast's Emergency Binder details [Re: Blast]
Mike_in_NKY Offline

Loc: KY
Blast,

Some of those documents look like they would be good to have but seem to not be available on line. Any chance you could PDF some of them and post here?

Great Ideas though! Will have to do my homework now too!!

#107568 - 10/02/07 07:26 PM Re: Blast's Emergency Binder details [Re: Mike_in_NKY]
Blast Offline
INTERCEPTOR
Carpal Tunnel

I'll convert a lot of the documents into PDF files for y'all. That'll take just a few minutes. The important phone numbers list will be an excel file so you can add your own numbers.

Anyone who wants copies of these files PM with an e-mail address. If my pm mailbox gets full post a note telling me here in this thread and I'll empty it out.

I'm not sure about the pamphlets. We have a scanner, but the time needed to scan and convert them is more than I have free right now.

-Blast

#107603 - 10/03/07 01:45 AM Re: Blast's Emergency Binder details [Re: Blast]
Eugene Offline
Carpal Tunnel

I have something started that I've never gotten around to finishing. I'm going to get to work now that I have some idle time sitting here letting a one week old sleep on my chest since she won't sleep by herself yet.
Some references I've found for ideas:

http://www.ready.gov/america/_downloads/familyemergencyplan.pdf
http://www.ready.gov/america/_downloads/checklist.pdf
http://www.ready.gov/america/_downloads/Ready_Brochure_Screen_EN_20040129.pdf
http://www.ready.gov/america/publications/allpubs.html
http://www.fema.gov/plan/prevent/bestpractices/index.shtm
http://www.operationhope.org/pdpg/
http://www.operationhope.org/smdev/lf1.php?id=187

I work in IT so the term "Disaster Recovery" is commonplace to me. I have servers dedicated to DR, helped with DR plan documents, and have participated in DR tests so my document is a similarly titled "Personal DR Plan".

#107607 - 10/03/07 02:17 AM Re: Blast's Emergency Binder details [Re: Eugene]
harstad Offline
Journeyman

A great idea. One I have been thinking about for a while but not knowing where to start. I didn't see it but I think it would helpful to have hospital locations within say 100 miles or so as well. Now I know where to start for myself. Maybe some possible hotel information as well. Good job.

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 324 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:21 PM
Zippo Butane Inserts
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:11 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Using a Compass Without a Map
by KenK
02/28/24 12:22 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.