Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#10738 - 11/22/02 11:40 PM The Best Knives for the Job
Anonymous
Unregistered

Which knives are the best for the outdoors and wilderness survival?<br><br>Frank

#10739 - 11/23/02 12:53 AM Re: The Best Knives for the Job
Anonymous
Unregistered

I like the Becker BK-7. Not so expensive that I'd be affraid to use it. I also like the Camillus USAF PSK as a real beater knife. It comes in handy for jobs that'd be considered abuse on most other knives, lol. I also have a Khukuri that I bought just recently and will put through some paces someday when I can get away with my pack for a weekend. Swiss Army Knives (with a saw) are excellent for many of the jobs you'll encounter in a survival situation. I might have one coming for Christmas that's a German military issue utility knife that has a great saw on it. Havn't layed my hands on one yet, but I hear it's a good carry and they aren't real expensive. If you're in the North woods, you might consider a good ax.

#10740 - 11/23/02 01:57 AM Re: The Best Knives for the Job
Anonymous
Unregistered

I second the Becker C/U-7 (BK-7). Excellent knife, fit for all purposes. Plus I can fit my Wave in the outer pocket, and about 12 feet of 550 cord behind the kydex insert. I own 3 of them (I love redundancy). Seriously though...it seems that every time I find a knife I like, it gets lost or stolen. Get one, you wont be disappointed, and they're only around $50. Just my $.02.<br><br>John McIntire

#10741 - 11/23/02 01:58 AM Re: The Best Knives for the Job
Anonymous
Unregistered

I was looking for a sheath knife and I like the BK-7. I have a leatherman wave and I carry a Gerber on my person but I needed a good sheath knife.<br>Thanks<br><br>Frank

#10742 - 11/23/02 02:25 AM Re: The Best Knives for the Job
Anonymous
Unregistered

For a Survival Knife I like the United Bushmaster.I have one and it is a great knife.For a pocket knife I like the Swiss Champ XLT.Again I have one a it is a very good knife.

#10743 - 11/23/02 03:05 AM Re: The Best Knives for the Job
Anonymous
Unregistered

I carry a Benchmade mini TSEK every work day. I carry the Umfaan on weekends. I love both knives.

#10744 - 11/23/02 05:02 AM Re: The Best Knives for the Job
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have been looking at Swamp Rat's Battle Rat it's a bit pricy but it looks like a good knife.<br>Heres the website...<br>http://www.swampratknifeworks.com/knives.html<br><br>Frank

#10745 - 11/23/02 05:45 AM Re: The Best Knives for the Job
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have the Busse Battle Mistress, from which the Swamp Rat Battle Rat was designed. Great knife, truly top of the line. Man, I've got so many expensive knives laying around that will probably never be used, I could open my own small knife shop.<br><br>When I carry a fixed blade, it is usually on SAR missions or a hunting/camping trip, and a 7" blade suits my needs more than adequately. If I will be in dense brush, I will bring along an 18" machete. The 9" blade of the Battle Mistress/Battle Rat is a little too unweildy in my opinion for anything other than chopping wood. My ideal setup (blade-wise) would be a good 5-7" fixed blade, an 18" machete, and a multi-tool. If I were in your shoes, I'd get the Becker(or maybe a Falkniven)...then get the SRKW Battle Rat later...after all your other survival "needs" are met. Trust me, my wallet and I learned this the hard way. LOL<br><br>John McIntire

#10746 - 11/23/02 01:27 PM Re: The Best Knives for the Job
Anonymous
Unregistered

I use a Becker Campanion , a swisstool and also carry a sak soldier in my pocket. Any of the becker models will do you real good and are also hard use blades when called upon in a survival situation.

#10747 - 11/23/02 04:26 PM Re: The Best Knives for the Job
Anonymous
Unregistered

Does anyone know where I can look at and possibly purchase a Lile Death Wind?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 318 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
03/27/24 11:21 PM
Zippo Butane Inserts
by dougwalkabout
03/27/24 11:11 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Using a Compass Without a Map
by KenK
02/28/24 12:22 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.