I’ll start with the most talked about subject – the weather. Well basically for Portugal its crap. Rain and total cloud cover is present every day. We don’t get a lot of sun at the mo’ at all. <br><br>No luck with the girls here yet I really got to meet more but with not going to school and all that its proving difficult. One way is to ride more (horse) and find a good looking cowgirl then. Talking about horse riding at the mo I only ride at the weekend. Reason being my father doesn’t have time during the week. So I am planning to start riding on my own during the week horses aren’t a problem, transport and roads are. Cycling to the place is as suicidal as Russian roulette and no one here has respect for horse riders the side of the road. Not that I like riding on them any way but I have to if I want to get to the a forest.<br><br>Chris, I’ve taken your advice and been on a hike a couple of times now in the near by country side which has been “most enjoyable”. I found several types of fungi including the deadly Cortinarius speciosissimus (also the orelanus type).<br> I couldn’t think of anything else to carry on my beltkit apart from a waterproof overcoat. You really cant predict when it is gonna rain here. <br> I found reed which believing the SAS survival guide is edible so I am gonna try to eat that after asking here if it really safe. So is it is safe? (could not see any reason why in that place the water would be unpolluted) <br> The Portuguese people do know how to litter its every where near the roads which in a survival situation would be great of course: I found things like a pan, mattress (comfort), lots of plastic sheeting (rain proof gear and you can make a solar still), 5 litre water containers, dry-ish paper, etc etc. But for now I find it a shame. <br> <br>Dogs here are every where, most of them haven’t got a owner. When I go out I always make sure I either wear my denim jacket (to present an arm) or have my boots on. Just for personal safety.<br><br>That’s all the adventure from here.<br><br>Reinhardt <br><br><br> <br>