Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#10673 - 11/21/02 02:09 PM my new psk
Tjin Offline
Pooh-Bah

i just replaced my psk and here are the contents:<br><br>my psk contents:<br>SIGNALING GROUP <br>-perry whisle<br>-Interior of Storage Tin serves as Signal Mirror<br>-a signal mirror ( shiny sheet with peel of plastic ) <br><br>EMERGENCY DEVICES GROUP <br>-small locking folder, 50/50 serrated/plain edge ( china )<br>-2x single edge shaving blades ( USA )<br>-bcb flint and steel<br>-B.C.B. Commando Wire Saw (w/out finger rings)<br>-5x lifeboatmatches + striker<br>-8x coughlans "waterproof" matches,<br>-brithday Candle<br>-a sigicalblade, <br>-4x paperclips, <br>-3 alminium foil sheets,<br>-Button Compass<br>-Brass Snare Wire<br>- fishing wire 10meter ( 8,5 KG )<br>-10x Fishing Hooks, small<br>-2 medium hooks <br>-3x Fishing Weights, large<br>-1x Fishing Weight, small<br>-8x midium weights <br>-1x Leader w/ large swivel<br>-10x Leader w/ small swivel<br>-Cottonwol+ pertolium jelly tinder <br>-p 38<br>-Hacksaw Blade with "sharpened" end <br>-red Ledlight<br><br>WATER & FOOD GROUP<br>-10x aquaclear tablets <br>-2x ziplock bag ( 1 L )<br><br>MEDICAL GROUP<br>4x plasters ( sterile ) asst. sizes<br>3x medi strips ( sterile ) <br>1x antiseptic swab<br><br>MISCELLANEOUS & MULTI-PURPOSE GROUP<br>-Sewing Kit ( 2 needle, 2 safety pin, 2 buttons, wire )<br>-40 cm Plastic Tape<br>-Metal Handle for tin bottom<br>-accident evaluation report sheet<br>-Waterproof Survival Instruction Sheet<br>-Storage Tin<br>-ducttape ( 2x 3.7x30 ) on peel of sheet<br>-2x binders<br>-nylon wire<br>-platypatch ( to repair water bladders )<br>-electrican tape <br>-4x safety pins small<br><br>any comments ?

#10674 - 11/21/02 05:02 PM Re: my new psk
mick Offline
dedicated member

Loc: England west yorkshire
Where do you live?<br>I only ask because youve put a large emphasis on food procurement.<br>Either way an brilliant well rounded kit.

#10675 - 11/21/02 05:43 PM Re: my new psk
Tjin Offline
Pooh-Bah

im dutch ( the netherlands ), you can find that info in my profile...<br>i don't really think i got much more emphasis on food procurement than others, i added the about of alluminium foil to compensate the small amount of aquaclear tabs, and the amount of fishing gear ( the 8 medium sized weight are wrong its 5 ) is because that's proberbly the easyed way to produce food for me.

#10676 - 11/22/02 04:22 AM Re: my new psk
Anonymous
Unregistered

Could you take a picture of your PSK and put it on the Forum?<br>Thanks.<br><br>Frank

#10677 - 11/22/02 06:14 AM Re: my new psk
Tjin Offline
Pooh-Bah

i dont have a camera....

#10678 - 11/23/02 02:25 AM Re: my new psk
aardwolfe Offline
Old Hand

Loc: St. John's, Newfoundland
1. How big is the storage tin? just curious.<br>2. What's a "sigicalblade"? A scalpel? Isn't that redundant with the shaving blades?<br>3. Have you considered a space blanket? MSR makes one that is silver on one side and orange on the other, with survival instructions printed on the orange side. Might not fit inside your PSK but would be a useful addition IMO<br>4. You seem to have a lot of wire for different purposes - brass snare wire, fishing wire, and some in your sewing kit. Is it all necessary or is there some redundancy there?<br>5. Why no finger rings for the wire saw? How are you planning to use it? I took one of the rings off my (cheapo) wire saw and swapped it with the ring on my keychain; that way, the smaller ring nests inside the larger ring. Saved a surprising amount of space.<br>6. One thing I've been thinking of adding is a long, flexible plastic straw. Last year, with my cadet group, we put together a number of water collectors. The most successful one was a clear plastic garbage bag arranged over a small bush - the water collected in the folds at the bottom, but it was virtually impossible to collect it without spilling it. A straw to drink it would have been invaluable, had it been a real life or death sitch. Speaking of which:<br>7. Water collectors?<br><br>All in all, a pretty neat kit.

#10679 - 11/23/02 09:38 AM Re: my new psk
Tjin Offline
Pooh-Bah

1 it's just a standard sixe tabaco tin 11x8x3 cm<br>2 yup it's a scapel. i put as much sharp stuff in it because i dont carry large blades on me ( forbidden by law.. ) besides it didnt took up much room..<br>3 if all ready have space blankets and stuff like that ( not the MSR one though..) in my pockets.<br>4 i find ussing fishing wire to repair my closhing is much harder than with normal wire. <br>5 i always got lots of rings on my keychain... and they didnt fit in to my PSK <br>6 well though of if, but i just cant find any in the stores... they are all stiff round here ( the straws )...<br>7 there are enough rivers and channels round here so you can scoup some up in a ziploc bag, if that doesnt work i always got a bandana.. i though of cutting a comprased/ dehydrated spong in half and add it to the kit, but i couldnt find it in the store's were are they wenn you need them ?<br><br>i will add a flexible straw and maybe a sponge to the kit if i will bumb in to one in a store..

#10680 - 11/25/02 06:45 PM Re: my new psk
Anonymous
Unregistered

For a flexible tube for water collection you might try a medical supply store and get a latex IV tube. This also has the advantage that it can be used as an elastic for improvised sling-shot.

#10681 - 11/26/02 09:56 AM Re: my new psk
Tjin Offline
Pooh-Bah

unfortunatly there aren't any medical supply store round here...i will see what i can find.. but thanks for the tip !<br>

#10682 - 11/26/02 01:03 PM Re: my new psk
Anonymous
Unregistered

I believe that this web site has what you want. If you enter tubing as a search term into the frame on the left you will find it. You will have to wade through a bunch of stethescopes but it is there around page 3 of the search results. Called MANUAL JET VENTILATION KIT. <br>Hope this helps.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online
1 registered (Jeanette_Isabelle), 188 Guests and 36 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
EDC Reduction
by Jeanette_Isabelle
Today at 03:13 PM
USCG rescue fishermen frm deserted island
by Ren
Yesterday at 06:35 PM
Silver
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/13/24 10:09 PM
New York Earthquake
by chaosmagnet
04/09/24 12:27 PM
Bad review of a great backpack..
by Herman30
04/08/24 08:16 AM
Our adorable little earthquake
by Phaedrus
04/06/24 02:42 AM
Amanda Nenigar found dead
by Phaedrus
04/05/24 04:39 AM
Any shortages where you are?
by adam2
04/04/24 04:19 PM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.