Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 6 of 12 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 11 12 >
Topic Options
#106465 - 09/20/07 08:01 PM Re: Hi, my name is Blast and I'm bleeding. [Re: Blast]
kmat Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Spring, Texas
Blast,

I am so sorry to hear of your recent injury. However, this has to be the best ETS forum I have read so far. I was reading this as I ate my oatmeal breakfast. I am now trying to flush the oatmeal bits from my nasal passages. I'll be smelling oatmeal for a while.
A better way is to pour shampoo into the toilet and insert cat. Close lid and wait for the noise to quit. This means agitator cycle is over. Flush three times and rinse cycle is over. Open bathroom door, stand to the side (not between toilet and door), then open lid to toilet. This will begin spin cycle, as cat will run around the house drying its self on any and all material objects. Bandages will not be needed.
If I can be of any help let me know. If necessary I know of a few scouts needing their First Aid merit badges. They would just love to come over and change your bandages and listen to you relive the story once more!

kmat

#106466 - 09/20/07 08:02 PM Re: Hi, my name is Blast and I'm bleeding. [Re: Andy]
Leigh_Ratcliffe Offline
Veteran

Loc: United Kingdom.
Originally Posted By: Andy
I have one cat who will let me give it a pill the first 2 days, then he figures it out and further dosing becomes a real test of my love for my wife...

Better story, took my Jack Russel to the vet for a distemper shot. The dog nipped at the vet who stuck the needle through my finger (just skimmed the knuckle, no real damage). But the vet almost fainted, he can't tolerate seeing humans bleed!

PS, every year I get a reminder card from him for me...

You should love your Jack Russel. Best anti-cat device going.

A girlfriend of mine owned one by the the name of Crystal. I used to walk in, kiss her, look down. Super Mutt was always sat there with her lead in her mouth. And a look on her face that said "don't take your boots off." Always took her to the local park. Well, actually, she took me. I still ain't sure who was walking who here.

Any way. We would get to the park. Which has a pond in it. I would take her lead off. She would scoot off into the bushes. I would count to sixty slowly. Then walk down towards the pond. By the time I got there she had found a cat. Chased it down the park. Right into the pond. I would walk up. Look at the very soggy P.O.'ed moggy in the pond. Look down at her and ask "did you enjoy that?"

Oh yes, whilst I'm at it. Some people reading my posts might be forgiven for thinking that I don't like cats.

I would like to set the record straight.

I love cats.

They are a great source of protein when TSTHF.

#106492 - 09/21/07 12:13 AM Re: Bleeding, now with pictures [Re: Blast]
samhain Offline
Addict

Loc: Baton Rouge, Louisiana
I'd learn to sleep with one eye open for a while judging from the look on that cat.

I fear for you.

#106494 - 09/21/07 12:23 AM Re: Hi, my name is Blast and I'm bleeding. [Re: Leigh_Ratcliffe]
samhain Offline
Addict

Loc: Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Quote:
1) Garb yourself with chain-mail including gloves.
2) Pick cat up by the short & curlys.

Might want to wear a cup as well.

Cats fight dirty, you know.

#106507 - 09/21/07 02:32 AM I'm bleeding: Epilogue [Re: Blast]
Blast Offline
INTERCEPTOR
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: TX
So I went to my doctor this afternoon and ended up with a 4 mL shot of penicillin in my @ss and a prescription for 10 days of the oral antibiotic Augmentin. He also warned if the infection has entered the bone all hell is going to break loose.

Stupid friggin cat.

-Blast
Radio Call Sign: KI5BOG
*As an Amazon Influencer, I may earn a sales commission on Amazon links in my posts.

#106525 - 09/21/07 10:59 AM Re: I'm bleeding: Epilogue [Re: Blast]
WScott Offline
Stranger

Loc: Florida
Last year, after we adopted a dog from the rescue, we also acquired a large flock of fleas. We were concerend about using poisons as we have a 3 yo roaming the carpet, so we did some research and found a product called Fleabusters. I believe it is nothing more than borax, but it did the job, we've been flea free ever since.

If you want to try it with good ol' 20 Mule Team, the instructions were to sprinkle liberally around the carpet (especially under furniture) work it in with a broom and don't vacuum for 3 days. Supposedly the little buggers cut themselves on the sharp edges of the granules, and then are dessicated by it.

Good luck.

#106536 - 09/21/07 01:28 PM Re: I'm bleeding: Epilogue [Re: WScott]
Rio Offline

Loc: Pacific North West

#106540 - 09/21/07 02:11 PM Re: I'm bleeding: Epilogue [Re: Rio]
Dragonscript Offline

Huh, i never have an issue with my cat. She just sits there with a pissed off look on her face.

#106617 - 09/22/07 02:17 AM Re: I'm bleeding: Epilogue [Re: Blast]
ironraven Offline
Cranky Geek
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Vermont
Good luck man. *crossing fingers and toes*

When a man dare not speak without malice for fear of giving insult, that is when truth starts to die. Truth is the truest freedom.

#106618 - 09/22/07 02:34 AM Re: I'm bleeding: Epilogue [Re: ironraven]
dougwalkabout Offline
Crazy Canuck
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Alberta, Canada
... also crossing legs (based on previous posts) ...
;-)

Seriously, though, hope everything comes up roses.

Page 6 of 12 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 11 12 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 456 Guests and 71 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
03/27/24 11:21 PM
Zippo Butane Inserts
by dougwalkabout
03/27/24 11:11 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.