Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 2 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 ... 11 12 >
Topic Options
#106240 - 09/19/07 05:47 AM Re: Hi, my name is Blast and I'm bleeding. [Re: Blast]
frenchy Offline
Veteran

Loc: France
I hope all YOUR vaccines were up-to-date, so that poor little cat won't catch any disease from all that blood.... grin grin

(MY cat is safe with me)

#106241 - 09/19/07 06:42 AM Re: Hi, my name is Blast and I'm bleeding. [Re: Blast]
Susan Offline
Geezer

Loc: W. WA
Well, Blast, you're just gonna love this information:

The effects of flea baths rarely last even 24 hours.

Thoroughly wash all injuries with soap and water. Staunch the bleeding. Bandage everything that needs it (don't forget the antibiotic ointment). Take some painkiller (tablet or liquid).

Tomorrow, go to the vet and get a tube of Advantage. Put it on the back of the cat's neck where he can't lick it. Within 3 hours the fleas are dead, and will stay dead for at least 30 days.

THEN........ the zombie fleas will arise from the carpeting and the vacuum cleaner...

... and ATTACK!

So..... when do we get to see the pictures? (evil chuckle, rubbing hands)

Sue, who worked for a vet for 12 years and has the scars to prove it.

#106242 - 09/19/07 07:42 AM Re: Hi, my name is Blast and I'm bleeding. [Re: Leigh_Ratcliffe]
simplesimon Offline

Just use the stuff that a couple of drops on the neck defleas them instead.
Simon

#106243 - 09/19/07 08:19 AM Re: Hi, my name is Blast and I'm bleeding. [Re: Susan]
LED Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Susan

Sue, who worked for a vet for 12 years and has the scars to prove it.

Seeing what vet. techs have to go through I always thank them profusely after every visit. And I don't even have a cat. Maybe if I did I'd bring them chocolates after every visit. smile

Back on topic. I'm sensing a ETS invention or innovation out all this cat bath talk. I'm thinking some sort of kevlar suit with a face shield and shampoo dispensers.

#106248 - 09/19/07 11:26 AM Re: Hi, my name is Blast and I'm bleeding. [Re: LED]
Kris Offline
Addict

Loc: A Canadian Back in Canada
I have a 9lb cat, missing most of her teeth, only has one fang, no front claws (we got her at the spca - wife wants to save every animal she can). Even that cat was able to leave some scars on me when I had to fed her some antibiotics (had surgury to remove some rotton teeth - there are no free animals from the spca!!!).

Cats are the devil. No other explanation.

Kris
p.s. have two cats and love them like kids

#106253 - 09/19/07 12:09 PM Re: Hi, my name is Blast and I'm bleeding. [Re: Susan]
Blast Offline
INTERCEPTOR
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: TX
Quote:
The effects of flea baths rarely last even 24 hours.

cry cry cry

-Blast, typing with one hand
Radio Call Sign: KI5BOG
*As an Amazon Influencer, I may earn a sales commission on Amazon links in my posts.

#106255 - 09/19/07 12:12 PM Re: Hi, my name is Blast and I'm bleeding. [Re: CANOEDOGS]
Blast Offline
INTERCEPTOR
Carpal Tunnel

Quote:
now the question is what to do with the cat if you have to
bug out??..

It's my new sidearm. If someone harrasses me I'll dump my canteen on the damn cat then throw it at the person...

Did you know a cat trying to escape water can actually climb four feet up a tile wall?

-Blast
*As an Amazon Influencer, I may earn a sales commission on Amazon links in my posts.

#106256 - 09/19/07 12:17 PM Re: Hi, my name is Blast and I'm bleeding. [Re: OldBaldGuy]
Blast Offline
INTERCEPTOR
Carpal Tunnel

Quote:
doing bare handed battle to the death with a male Siamese at oh dark thirty one day.

That's the suprising thing. My cat is a Siamese/Tabby mix with an attitude, yet he just sat meekly in the tub while I washed him. I thought he'd shred me to ribbons.

Then it was DW's cat's turn. This is the cat that will sit passivly while DW dresses him up in little costumes for Halloween and the kids treat like a stuffed animal. I figured he'd be easy...

Alas, like humans, it's the quiet ones that turn out to be pyscho killers.

-Blast

#106261 - 09/19/07 01:09 PM Re: Hi, my name is Blast and I'm bleeding. [Re: Blast]
librarian Offline

Loc: Conroe, Texas

Hi, Blast. I, too, have cats and de-flea with Advantage. I don't like to use such harsh chemicals but it is better than having fleas living in my carpet!
How to Wash a Cat

#106265 - 09/19/07 01:52 PM Re: Hi, my name is Blast and I'm bleeding. [Re: librarian]
AROTC Offline
Addict

Loc: Manhattan
If you switch to Advantage, make sure you go to your vet and get Advantage. DO NOT get the cheapo stuff from walmart or the feed store, that stuff is toxic to cats.

Page 2 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 ... 11 12 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 269 Guests and 21 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:21 PM
Zippo Butane Inserts
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:11 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Using a Compass Without a Map
by KenK
02/28/24 12:22 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.