Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#104952 - 09/07/07 04:46 PM Re: ???s about a rifle [Re: ]
Blast Offline
INTERCEPTOR
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: TX
Quote:
That is an interesting bit of trivia to tell your daughter's first teenage boyfriend along with your wealth of
trivia about composting :-)

YoDuh,

Have I ever told you how much I like having you here?

-Blast, father of two beautiful daughters and owner of a really nice shovel...
Radio Call Sign: KI5BOG
*As an Amazon Influencer, I may earn a sales commission on Amazon links in my posts.

#104974 - 09/07/07 08:18 PM Re: ???s about a rifle [Re: Blast]
frenchy Offline
Veteran

Loc: France
shovel .... shovel ..???.. confused
Oh, you mean shovel !! like in the movie "Keeping Mum" ???

#104981 - 09/07/07 10:33 PM Re: ???s about a rifle [Re: frenchy]
RayW Offline
Addict

Loc: Orlando, FL
Will have to get my next door neighbor to give ya'll lessons on how to meet your daughters dates at the door. When his daughters were of dating age he would meet the date at the door wearing a cowboy hat, pointed toed boots, a big belt buckle, and a holster with a 357. He would shake the young mans hand while asking in his best Texas drawl, son, what time are you going to have my little girl home tonight. When he did this the first time to his eldest daughter she didn't speak to him for a few weeks, but after a few "meetings" she realized that guys were very respectful and would ask her dad to "dress up" to meet a date.

#104983 - 09/07/07 10:41 PM Totally off-topic, but meh… [Re: RayW]
JCWohlschlag Offline
Old Hand

Loc: Sterling, Virginia, United Sta...
“Uh, I don’t know, sir… what’s acceptable for you?”

“Have her home by 10:30, son!”

“End of October?!? All right!!!”

#105033 - 09/08/07 08:03 PM Re: Totally off-topic, but meh… [Re: JCWohlschlag]
duckear Offline
Addict

Guns don't kill people, fathers with pretty daughters do.

#105125 - 09/09/07 11:35 PM Re: ???s about a rifle [Re: Blast]
wildman800 Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: La-USA
Don't forget to mention the access that you have to 1,000's of acres of woodlands!

It is also a good thing to have photos of yourself displaying various kills in the wilds. My DD2's boyfriends were really impressed with the photos I have of all of the "2-legged" kills that I have made in the field. I'm lying about the 2-legged kills, but I do have a few of the 4-legged kills that were within his eyesight. I usually found it time to clean my guns or sharpen my large knives about the time the BF was due to pick her up. Needless to say, I always invited them into the house and into the room where I was working. My shadowbox and swords would also be close enough for them to get a good look at it.

Remember, you only have a short amount of time to impress upon the lad what his actions can cause to occur, afterwards!!!!

#105177 - 09/10/07 04:11 PM Re: ???s about a rifle [Re: wildman800]
Blast Offline
INTERCEPTOR
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: TX
Quote:
Don't forget to mention the access that you have to 1,000's of acres of woodlands!

Not to mention this land is filled with quicksand, alligators and feral pigs. smirk

Yep, years of pent-up sadism will be unleashed on the high-school boys who try dating my daughters.

-Blast

Radio Call Sign: KI5BOG
*As an Amazon Influencer, I may earn a sales commission on Amazon links in my posts.

#105223 - 09/11/07 01:39 AM Here is an update [Re: REDDOG79]
REDDOG79 Offline

Loc: ENGLEWOOD ,TN
I have finally figured out how to get the bolt removed from the rifle and I have stripped the bolt down to the firing pin. I have come to these conclusions: (I am not a gunsmith so I know I can and may be wrong)

All springs seem to be in good working order

The firing pin is in two pieces (I don't know if it was welded together at some point and broke cleanly or if it is suposed to be in two pieces) the only way i can explain it is like a plunger the spring from the rear of the bolt hits a plunger shaped piece and that in turn hits the firing pin through the hole in the bolt. I couldn't find the digital camera when i had it apart ( it was in my GF's purse and she was out with the kids) But i am plannning on posting some pictures when i get it apart next time.

I was able to put it all back togther.

I think the part of the firing pin that impacts the cartridge is too short. How to rectify this I am not sure of yet.

Thanks everyone for their help and Yoduh while I am about 5 or so years from dealing with the BF situation I am pretty sure i can handle it as i was the big brother and instead of my dad cleaning the guns when my sister got picked up it was I. But i like how your thoughts paralell mine

Edited by REDDOG79 (09/11/07 01:41 AM)

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 182 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:21 PM
Zippo Butane Inserts
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:11 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Using a Compass Without a Map
by KenK
02/28/24 12:22 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.