Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Topic Options
#10481 - 11/10/02 04:51 PM Questions/ ideas
Anonymous
Unregistered

<br>After I finished reading through all the posts last time at ETS I had an idea. Wouldn’t it be great if all the posts would be published in one book. So no knowledge would be lost. Every thing unedited and only separated in categories for a quick look up. But as so many things I expect it will stay just an idea.<br><br>Just before I left England I bought the latest book by Andy McNab. Liberation Day, now it was only available in hardback but I was desperate not to miss it as I am a real fan of his books. Only the rest of his series I got is all paper back so any one out there who wants to swap the paper back (when its out of course) Liberation day for the hardback version. Preferable in mint condition as mine is. <br>

#10482 - 11/10/02 08:20 PM Re: Questions/ ideas
Chris Kavanaugh Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Rienhardt, the idea of publishing some of the material has come up in the past. Isn't it ironic how a new medium falls back on older technology? All I ever heard about computers was the elimination of paperwork. I have sticky notes with half forgotten email addies, websites etc. plastered all over my cubicle. I am still mourning many titles that never made the transition from LP to CD. I think this is what they call progress.

#10483 - 11/12/02 04:07 PM Re: Questions/ ideas
Anonymous
Unregistered

Chris,<br>Yeah it is ironic!<br>Right, I've been thinking about the "book" and just thought what a shame it would be if all this info is going to be lost. So I thought I might spend a couple of Saturday’s at my dad's office and either copy and paste most useful messages or use the print screen facility. <br>When all info is gathered sort them out under different categories e.g fire, signalling, etc.<br>Or ETS could make it a group effort that volunteers each take a couple of pages and then mail all the info to each other or something.<br><br>Any way I am not even thinking about a published book but just something every person can print out. But one thing is for sure I don’t want this info to be lost! <br>

#10484 - 11/12/02 04:24 PM Re: Questions/ ideas
billvann Offline
Old Hand

Loc: NE Illinois, USA (42:19:08N 08...
WSow. That's a lot of work. Prhaps you could organize it a forum FAQ that Doug could consider posting.

#10485 - 11/12/02 06:01 PM Re: Questions/ ideas
M_a_x Offline
Veteran

Loc: Germany
Maybe the easiest way to aquire the information would be a cgi-script that takes the information from the database (and maybe performs some kind of automatic sorting) and compiles it into a document. That way it could be repeated from time to time without too much effort. Considering the amount of posts this might gobble up a lot of bandwidth and download volume though.<br>I agree with you, it would be a pity if the knowledge that was accumulated here would be lost. I took some good ideas from here (I hope some of my posts were useful to others).

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 183 Guests and 19 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
USCG rescue fishermen frm deserted island
by Ren
Yesterday at 06:35 PM
Silver
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/13/24 10:09 PM
New York Earthquake
by chaosmagnet
04/09/24 12:27 PM
Bad review of a great backpack..
by Herman30
04/08/24 08:16 AM
Our adorable little earthquake
by Phaedrus
04/06/24 02:42 AM
Amanda Nenigar found dead
by Phaedrus
04/05/24 04:39 AM
Any shortages where you are?
by adam2
04/04/24 04:19 PM
Zippo Butane Inserts
by brandtb
04/03/24 08:27 PM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.