Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#104036 - 08/30/07 04:30 AM Re: Trapped miners ate coal, drank urine [Re: xbanker]
Susan Offline
Geezer

Loc: W. WA
It doesn't seem to me that it's a question of playing or not playing. I think we need to use some judgment as to how much and where.

We've been limiting how many people from foreign countries are admitted to the U.S. So, why don't we limit how much is shipped in or shipped out?

America's guiding light seems to be overwhelming greed.

We've got so many problems that we have no idea how to realistically solve them, but we want to tell other people how to run THEIR countries? Am I missing something?

If you want answers as to 'Why?', follow the money. Always follow the money.

Sue

#104037 - 08/30/07 04:52 AM Re: Trapped miners ate coal, drank urine [Re: Susan]
xbanker Offline
Addict

Loc: Anthem, AZ USA
Originally Posted By: Susan
We've got so many problems that we have no idea how to realistically solve them, but we want to tell other people how to run THEIR countries?

Isn't that what politicians call "foreign relations." grin

#104744 - 09/05/07 05:51 PM Re: Trapped miners ate coal, drank urine [Re: Susan]
jamesraykenney Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Beaumont, TX USA
Originally Posted By: Susan
"...I don't understand why we are tolerating it..."

Money.

We not only tolerate it, we encourage it.

Sue

What does "...I don't understand why we are tolerating it..." mean though? What say do we even have in it? If China were to come to the USA and say "We will not tolerate your bad health care system", what do you think we would say to them???

#104775 - 09/06/07 12:54 AM Re: Trapped miners ate coal, drank urine [Re: jamesraykenney]
Susan Offline
Geezer

Loc: W. WA
What say do we have in it? Excuse me?

All the money that American companies are investing in China (etc) is supporting and helping to multiply what China (etc) does to its own people.

We look at a country and see they treat their people badly. So our companies rush to move their businesses from America to that country so they can partake of the abuse of the poor and downtrodden. Maybe you don't think that money is changing hands between the U.S. and China (etc) for the opportunity to get these operations set up and working? How much trickle-down do you think gets to the Chinese worker?

Third-world-based American companies don't want just a fair profit, they want ALL the profit they can squeeze out, and they don't care who it hurts.

And the dumb, ignornant, greedy American consumer buys it, mine, shaft and all. America financially supports it, America condones it.

Sue

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 324 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:21 PM
Zippo Butane Inserts
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:11 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Using a Compass Without a Map
by KenK
02/28/24 12:22 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.