Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 6 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#105551 - 09/13/07 05:28 PM Re: Propane Storage....let's hear everyones ideas. [Re: DeathtoToasters]
DeathtoToasters Offline

Loc: Southern California
ahh found the site...well the issue is I have no where to put something that big. Not even a chance....so I am kind of back to the same issues.

http://kwicindustries.net/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=45&products_id=78

How about this unit looks good...I can fit that on my side yard....

"All Hail the Power of Bauer"

"Only the Paranoid Survive" - Andy Grove

"Why is it called the American Dream? Because you have to be ASLEEP to believe it!" - George Carlin

#105558 - 09/13/07 06:51 PM Re: Propane Storage....let's hear everyones ideas. [Re: DeathtoToasters]
RayW Offline
Addict

Loc: Orlando, FL
Here is the link to Affordable Power,

http://stores.ebay.com/AFFORDABLE-POWER

Word of warning these are used generators that have not been rebuilt. Tested, serviced, and painted is what the website says.

And as rabagley suggests don't by a cheap gas generator. I would recommend a Yamaha or Honda, real Honda, not just a generator that has a honda motor on it. If you want to step up from there go for one of the engine driven welder/generators. The most well known being a Lincoln or Miller.

http://www.mylincolnelectric.com/Catalog/equipmentseries.asp?browse=101|400|

http://www.millerwelds.com/products/enginedriven/

If you know how to weld you could even make a little extra money with one of these. The welder generators have a higher resale value, and are also available in diesel.

If you want to see what generators in your area hold up the best go to a couple of tool rental companies and see what brands they rent, if it holds up to rental use and abuse it will last you a very long time. Tool rental companies are a spare parts source too, and if you have the same brand you will have greater options of where to get something when you really need it.

#105571 - 09/13/07 07:43 PM Re: Propane Storage....let's hear everyones ideas. [Re: RayW]
DeathtoToasters Offline

Any comments on that unit I linked to above?

"Why is it called the American Dream? Because you have to be ASLEEP to believe it!" - George Carlin

#105582 - 09/13/07 08:26 PM Re: Propane Storage....let's hear everyones ideas. [Re: DeathtoToasters]
weldon Offline
Journeyman

I've seen those same gensets on craigslist in seattle for a whole lot cheaper. And for that price you could get a generac from costco with a transfer switch and have several hundred $$'s left over.

#105584 - 09/13/07 08:34 PM Re: Propane Storage....let's hear everyones ideas. [Re: weldon]
DeathtoToasters Offline

what is a generac? Is that a brand?

#105594 - 09/13/07 11:03 PM Re: Propane Storage....let's hear everyones ideas. [Re: ]
rabagley Offline
Student of Life
Stranger

That chinese-built 1800rpm diesel generator actually looks pretty nice. They're about 90 minutes drive from me, so probably two hours for you. That means the opportunity to go down and take a long look before you buy.

#105598 - 09/13/07 11:25 PM Re: Propane Storage....let's hear everyones ideas. [Re: ]
DeathtoToasters Offline

Originally Posted By: IzzyJG99
Generac is a generator company. They make my 15,000 watt and my old propane 15,000 watt at my old house.

Is this the guardian one you purchased?

Do you regret getting this versus a diesel?

#105600 - 09/13/07 11:42 PM Re: Propane Storage....let's hear everyones ideas. [Re: ]
RayW Offline
Addict

Loc: Orlando, FL
Generac makes a number of generators including whole house generators which are usually propane or NG. Seem to be good quality and last a while. I left them out of my opinion just because i have not used one, take Izzy's advice on that.

As far as the china generators i don't know what to tell you, i have not used one, and i don't know anyone with one. If there is a place close enough that you can stop by for a visit and check it out, might be worth a trip.

#105610 - 09/14/07 02:07 AM Re: Propane Storage....let's hear everyones ideas. [Re: ]
DeathtoToasters Offline

Originally Posted By: IzzyJG99
The one I had in my old house was their 15,000 watt emergency home stand by generator that ran off propane. Generac Guardian product line. In the end it all ran me like 10,000 but never failed me once and it allowed me to legally store more fuel in LPG form than diesel.

So do you wish you would have gotten a diesel instead? Are you worried about a short lifespan with your gasoline version?

#105617 - 09/14/07 03:12 AM Re: Propane Storage....let's hear everyones ideas. [Re: ]
DeathtoToasters Offline

Do you have a link to the palce where you bought yours?

Page 6 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Moderator:  MartinFocazio, Tyber 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 449 Guests and 12 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Zippo Butane Inserts
by NAro
Today at 11:57 AM
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
03/27/24 11:21 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.