The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#45058 - 07/26/05 07:23 PM Re: "Forget CNN. The power's out."
groo Offline
Old Hand

Loc: Florida
The Al Hat is to shield you from the docilization rays emitted by the black helicopters. The only time you can really think for yourself is under at least 10 feet of wet earth (basements are ok) wearing a head covering made from heavy duty aluminum sheet and properly grounded. Amateurs forget the grounding. Very important.

#104079 - 08/30/07 05:30 PM Re: "Forget CNN. The power's out." [Re: brian]
Shadow_oo00 Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Pennsylvania, USA
Here's something that might be of some use

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.ki4u.com/nuclearsurvival/survival/books/doomsday/5.gif&imgrefurl=http://www.ki4u.com/nuclearsurvival/survival/books/doomsday/index.htm&h=394&w=540&sz=10&hl=en&start=0&sig2=P6N1bkg55p1a9nSVUukpXg&um=1&tbnid=-Gwp1tJdo_KjFM:&tbnh=96&tbnw=132&ei=6w6yRtnEBoiQebujgb8L&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dbasement%2Bsurvival%26svnum%3D10%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26channel%3Ds%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26sa%3DN

Prepare Or Not To Prepare That Is The Question. The Answer, You Better !!!

#104098 - 08/30/07 10:21 PM Re: "Forget CNN. The power's out." [Re: NightHiker]
Susan Offline
Geezer

Loc: W. WA
"...klattu-barada- nikto..."

I need to watch that again. Netflix probably has it.

Sue

#104119 - 08/31/07 02:25 AM Re: "Forget CNN. The power's out." [Re: Shadow_oo00]
ironraven Offline
Cranky Geek
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Vermont
Might have been- but you are replying to a two year old post. :P

When a man dare not speak without malice for fear of giving insult, that is when truth starts to die. Truth is the truest freedom.

#104137 - 08/31/07 08:10 AM Re: "Forget CNN. The power's out." [Re: ]
BOD Offline

Loc: paleotropics
Thank God for sane humour.

BTW the rest of the world does not think of itself as being at war and I speak as one who spent the 80s under the shadow of Irish terrorism and someone who was one minute away from death in the Hyde Park bombing and who felt the blast. I was between the soldiers and the bomb and the terrorist's hand was definately on the button by then. He waited a minute more.

I hope that my American friends stop living in mental bunkers. It's sad to see Americans calling themselves Canadians and putting off travel to the rest of the world.

#104150 - 08/31/07 03:16 PM Re: "Forget CNN. The power's out." [Re: BOD]
UTAlumnus Offline
Old Hand

Loc: East Tennessee near Bristol
Quote:
the rest of the world does not think of itself as being at war. . .

Correct me if I'm wrong but a couple points in rebuttal:

Point 1
Most of the rest of the world are not the declared targets of extremists. The US is. The terrorists today have declared Jihad not against an invading army but against our very way of life.

Point 2
Irish terrorists were specifically trying to get the British out of their country. --Soap box deleted before posting--

#104155 - 08/31/07 04:17 PM Re: "Forget CNN. The power's out." [Re: UTAlumnus]
Blast Offline
INTERCEPTOR
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: TX
And to add, having seen a lot of the rest of the world I'm not that impressed with it...

-Blast
Radio Call Sign: KI5BOG
*As an Amazon Influencer, I may earn a sales commission on Amazon links in my posts.

#104169 - 08/31/07 07:01 PM Re: "Forget CNN. The power's out." [Re: ironraven]
raydarkhorse Offline
Addict

Loc: on the road 10-11 months out o...
The post may be two years old but the info is still relative to the world, as we know it today. Being new, Shadow_oo00 is only doing what most of us do from time to time looking into old post and updating them with what they consider useful information
Just because it’s old post doesn’t mean we should discourage anyone from going thru them and trying to add to our pool of knowledge with something (hopefully)new.

#104180 - 08/31/07 07:43 PM Re: "Forget CNN. The power's out." [Re: raydarkhorse]
benjammin Offline
Rapscallion
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Anchorage AK
Risk=likelihood x magnitude

Unless I am in a likely target area, I have more important things to worry about. If I am in a likely target area, the most obvious solution is to leave asap.

Prepping for everyday survival risks is a lot more realistic and achievable for most of us than preparing for the worst that can be thrown at us. I prefer to pace my response to risk to balance my economic viability. In other words, it is easier and less stressful for me to prepare for situations I am likely to encounter than for those things which have a very slim but devastating possibility.

War, this ain't war, this is organized crime. I liken power mongers like Muqtada Al Sadr and Ahdinejad (whatever) to La Familia, just instead of it being a heritage sort of thing, they've veiled it behind religion??? They get their support the same way Capone did, by scaring their neighbors into submission and paying off the neighborhood bully to be their enforcer. They have no national will anywhere behind them. They've replaced the cartels that we bashed around in the 90s. It's like the war on drugs, you don't declare war and you can't fight a war based on ideals. That is just propaganda. The war in Iraq and Afganistan lasted all of what, about 2 weeks? What happens afterwards is just political economic turmoil as everyone tries to position for more power/money/whatever floats your boat.

If we were really at war right now, Damascus, Tehran, and Pyongyang would've been cratered 3 years ago, and Made in China would be a note in the US economics history books.

#104183 - 08/31/07 07:49 PM Re: "Forget CNN. The power's out." [Re: raydarkhorse]
Shadow_oo00 Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Pennsylvania, USA
Thanks raydarkhorse

I'm new and was just reading through all the topics I'm on page 334 right now, I figured when I read something that I knew about or had questions I would reply, was just trying to fit it, BTW what did I say?......lol oh maybe it was the link I posted.

Prepare Or Not To Prepare That Is The Question. The Answer, You Better !!!

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 453 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Zippo Butane Inserts
by NAro
Today at 11:57 AM
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
03/27/24 11:21 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.