Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 9 of 14 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 13 14 >
Topic Options
#103196 - 08/21/07 03:26 PM Re: What I've done this week/month for Readiness [Re: el_diabl0]
Sherpadog
Unregistered

- Rotated expired OTC meds from home FAK.

- Added a few more band-aids, guaze rolls to home FAK.

- Rotated stored water where appropriate

- Switched some, but not all BOB summer clothing to fall/winter clothing, it's not that warm here at night anymore....

- Took inventory of all AA and AAA non-rechargeable batteries on hand (54).

- Did the 2x monthly re-charge of all rechargeable batteries (22 AA and 6 AAA)...Need to get a bigger charger(s) that will maintain the battery charge on a continuous basis.

#103257 - 08/22/07 01:12 PM Re: What I've done this week/month for Readiness [Re: ]
Frank2135 Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Ohio, USA
We began buying a few extra food supplies with each trip to the grocery store this month - a few extra cans of soup and vegetables, a couple of extra packets of tuna, an extra package of pasta, etc. We do this every fall in case we get snowed in over the winter months. Ditto the water supply - time to top it off. Been working on the firewood situation all summer - still a ways to go. Next: look over winter clothing/footwear, buy alcohol for the emergency stove, winterize the vehicles.

#103504 - 08/25/07 08:07 AM Re: What I've done this week/month for Readiness [Re: Frank2135]
KG2V Offline

Veteran

Loc: Queens, New York City
Started the recovery of preps after Mom passed on - getting paperwork in order, making a costco run later today, first aid kit in house checked/restocked

Not all of Mom's bills paid - I'll give you a hint - the Feds have any bank accounts with the dead person's name on them locked - even if it's the ONLY bank account that the survivors have - be prepared for this
Blog: http://kg2v.blogspot.com

#103525 - 08/25/07 01:22 PM Re: What I've done this week/month for Readiness [Re: KG2V]
JIM Offline
Old Hand

Loc: The Netherlands
Went to a book store, where I picket up tons of ziplocks in different sizes and some credit-sized magnifying glasses!

I also bought a bottle of multi-vitamines for the BOB and a roll of duct-tape.

#103530 - 08/25/07 01:43 PM Re: What I've done this week/month for Readiness [Re: KG2V]
OldBaldGuy Offline
Geezer

Loc: Former AFB in CA, recouping fr...
"...the Feds have any bank accounts with the dead person's name on them locked..."

That didn't happen with my folks. I had been on their checking account for years, and after they were gone I continued to us that account to clear up their affairs without a problem at all. To finally close the account I did need a death certificate...

#103796 - 08/28/07 12:08 PM Re: What I've done this week/month for Readiness [Re: Eugene]
Shadow_oo00 Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Pennsylvania, USA
Well lets see,I built a 10X12 ft concrete fallout/Storm Shelter in my basement,still have to buy shelves and install bunk beds and a small table. Bought more canned goods and MRE's, rotated water. Made a emergency kit for a friend,bought a GERBER LMF II A.S.E.K ASEK Military Survival Knife, rechecked all my gear and supplys, checked the generator. So far thats it.

Prepare Or Not To Prepare That Is The Question. The Answer, You Better !!!

#104070 - 08/30/07 04:32 PM Re: What I've done this week/month for Readiness [Re: Shadow_oo00]
GarlyDog Offline
τΏτ
Old Hand

Loc: The People's Republic of IL
Tested one of my generators. Changed oil on test generator.

Rotated my gas supply. Started investigating safer ways to store larger amounts of fuel.

Started working on replentishing my wood supply for next year.

Reviewed & updated our emergency storm procedures after test proved we were underprepared.

Reviewed our network systems energy requirements. Started consolidating servers and networking equipment to minimize our emergency power requirments.

Reviewed & updated our emergency supplies storage for quicker access after a test proved we were prepared, but a little disorganized.

Edited by GarlyDog (08/30/07 04:47 PM)

#104340 - 09/02/07 06:55 PM Re: What I've done this week/month for Readiness [Re: ]
Sherpadog
Unregistered

- Local grocery store had 5" x 3/4" candles on sale. 6 for .50 cents. Bought one package, tested the burn times. Average burn of around 2 hours each. Went back a couple of days ago and bought another 15 packages.

- Picked up 3 dozen more canning jars and lids today. Time to can some more homemade soups and pasta sauce.

- Got another 4 lbs of pepperoni hung up to dry today. It usually takes 8-10 days to dry for our liking.

- Got 2 salmon, they are currently marinating and destined to the smoker tomorrow morning along with a couple of lbs of beef jerky.

- Stocked up more on bathroom/hygiene/health items. 3 large bootles of shampoo, 5 sticks antiperspirant, another package of disposable razors, one large bottle of Ibuprofen.

#104503 - 09/04/07 01:05 AM Re: What I've done this week/month for Readiness [Re: wildman800]
REDDOG79 Offline

Loc: ENGLEWOOD ,TN
bought another aquatainer, bought a model 94 taurus 22 LR 9 shot capacity revolver (cheaper for me to go to the range and practice and someting for my 8 yr old girl to learn on and my 3 yr old boy to start with). 550 rds of 22 LR New magazine for my Marlin 22 LR. Need to look into my CCW permit requirements.

Built a headache rack for my truck, more places to tiedown things if i have to get up and go. Started a better family diet no more junk food snacks only fruits and vegetables for the most part.

I found at Tractor Supply Company sme knock off nalgene bottles for 2$ each and bought some rite in the rain small note pads there too those were 4$ each. But we've already broke one of the bottles when it fell out of the diaper bag at the fair today.

Edited by REDDOG79 (09/04/07 01:41 AM)

#104718 - 09/05/07 01:48 PM Re: What I've done this week/month for Readiness [Re: REDDOG79]
KG2V Offline

Veteran

Loc: Queens, New York City
So far, a few small things - paid down some bills (I usually have NONE, but last month saw a BUNCH of Mom's final medical/funeral bills go on the credit card to be paid by the estate when settled). Repacked my backpack, rotated some water, finally put a rope on my folding stool so I can carry it on the outside of my pack, and worked on healing my leg
Blog: http://kg2v.blogspot.com

Page 9 of 14 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 13 14 >

Moderator:  MartinFocazio, Tyber 
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 390 Guests and 70 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
People Are Not Paying Attention
by Jeanette_Isabelle
Yesterday at 01:15 PM
USCG rescue fishermen frm deserted island
by brandtb
04/17/24 11:35 PM
Silver
by brandtb
04/16/24 10:32 PM
EDC Reduction
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/16/24 03:13 PM
New York Earthquake
by chaosmagnet
04/09/24 12:27 PM
Bad review of a great backpack..
by Herman30
04/08/24 08:16 AM
Our adorable little earthquake
by Phaedrus
04/06/24 02:42 AM
Amanda Nenigar found dead
by Phaedrus
04/05/24 04:39 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.