Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Topic Options
#10234 - 10/25/02 03:40 PM Living in Portugal...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hello every one!<br><br>Well after a stress full time of tight scedules and screaming mothers I finally made it and I must admit right now I like it a lot more than I thought I would. <br><br>The weather so far has been great , most days I walk in nothing more than a T shirt.<br><br>The landscape is really different: roads are flat and strait (although some time we get 3 to 4 U turns in a row when we drive through the hilly roads), but in the distance were always surrounded by hills. <br><br>I live 5 min walking from the beach so I visit it most days at least twice. On the beach are lots of interesting stuff to see like shell fish, drinking water sipping from the rocks etc. Cant wait to start sleeping there (any warnings/tips?) But its time to bring my books along and see what doesn't make me suffer a slow death.<br><br>The prices here are real cheap, 30 euro cent for a cup of coffee, same for a pack of 200g crisps, 6 euro cents for a sandwhich! <br><br>The women here are hotter than liquid iron, no really there aren't many less "estetically pleasing" girls about. Although you do get the big mommas here.<br><br>I already got to addresses where I can go horse riding (clients of my father) which is great.<br><br>right now I have a bit spare time and I spend it on improving my gear, so fingers on the buttons questions coming up!<br><br>Another thing is the only place I know so far where I can get on line is my dad's work place (does it sound like I am relying to much on him? No really I am quite independent) so I can't get on that regulary. <br><br>Any way been checking out what you guys been posting!<br><br>Speak to you later! <br><br><br>

#10235 - 10/26/02 03:28 AM Re: Living in Portugal...
Trusbx Offline
addict

Loc: Ed's Country
good to hear you are settling in well.<br><br>Enjoy the hot babes on the beach.....<br><br>

#10236 - 11/03/02 07:36 PM Re: Living in Portugal...
Anonymous
Unregistered

I will, I will.<br>Tommorow my first day at school. Aargh!!! I think the song that applies to me 2morrow is "yesterday" LOL<br><br>reinhardt

#10237 - 11/03/02 09:33 PM Re: Living in Portugal...
Anonymous
Unregistered

ouch, school in portugal. Do they speak english?

#10238 - 11/05/02 02:49 PM Re: Living in Portugal...
mick Offline
dedicated member

Loc: England west yorkshire
what are the women like?

#10239 - 11/06/02 02:24 PM Re: Living in Portugal...
Anonymous
Unregistered

mick,<br>good question. I working on that one at the mo, but they all seem to like me LOL. Overal they are friendly and not at all bad looking. No obesety here. <br>I'll tell you more when I get there (shoudn't be long LOL) I am working on one right now<br><br>I went one day to school and discovered that no one speaks english and with my basic portugese its solid to learn it because they speak 3 times as fast as were used to!<br><br>So in the mean time we are waiting for a course wich is being organised for the company were my dad works and take part then. I am also looking for work were I can pick up more portugese.<br><br>Let me tell you its hard. Still enjoying it though.<br><br>Reinhardt

#10240 - 11/06/02 02:31 PM Re: Living in Portugal...
Polak187 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Brooklyn, New York
Just don't mention the World Soccer Cup and I think you are all good. My roomate (whos parents are Portugese but he was born and raised here in NYC) during his summer trip to Lisbon was bragging about the US soccer team. Let's just say that they didn't like it too much.<br><br>Matt

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
1 registered (SRMC), 332 Guests and 70 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:21 PM
Zippo Butane Inserts
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:11 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Using a Compass Without a Map
by KenK
02/28/24 12:22 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.