Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#101709 - 08/05/07 09:15 PM Re: campFor you camo wearers... [Re: OldBaldGuy]
Am_Fear_Liath_Mor Offline
Carpal Tunnel

The project started in 2002 and has taken 5 years to complete, here is some camo I knocked up this evening on photoshop, anyone willing to make me a multimillion dollar offer for the rights,

#101729 - 08/06/07 03:38 AM Re: campFor you camo wearers... [Re: Am_Fear_Liath_Mor]
MrBadger Offline
journeyman

What's funny is that the company has an apology to the airmen that will be using the uniform.

From the site:

"As determined by AF Leadership, advanced Battle features like easy entry slanted chest, arm, and leg cargo pockets, elbow and knee padding pockets, improved neck closure to keep debris out and to protect from body armor, gusseted shoulders for ease of movement, and most importantly... an authentic Battle ready advanced pixilated Tiger Stripe pattern and colorway are not needed for the 21st century U.S. Air Force.

"We're sorry. We wished we had the opportunity to give you an authentic Battle uniform with all the relevant features plus an effective camouflage design. At the very least you could have had a uniform with a State-of-the-Art pixilated Tiger Stripe pattern and colorway."

#101796 - 08/06/07 06:10 PM Re: campFor you camo wearers... [Re: Chris Kavanaugh]
Meline Offline

I actuall saw a set on a AF guy passing through DIA. They didn't look to shabby in real life.

"My first and last foray into paintball fighting revealed an assembly of cammie clad and green faced Rambos in more patterns than a stained glass window at Notre Dame. I wasn't about to get my Flektarn wrecked and wore this grey-green work shirt and pants and sort of rubbed dirt over my face."

Well whatever makes you guys happy I guess... I play paintball on a regular basis (speed, woods, and scenario) and I have yet to see anyone use face paint or rub dirt on their face. Before you swear off paintball may-be you should try it again only with a different group.

#101824 - 08/07/07 12:30 AM Re: campFor you camo wearers... [Re: Meline]
MDinana Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Beer&Cheese country
Originally Posted By: Meline

"My first and last foray into paintball fighting revealed an assembly of cammie clad and green faced Rambos in more patterns than a stained glass window at Notre Dame. I wasn't about to get my Flektarn wrecked and wore this grey-green work shirt and pants and sort of rubbed dirt over my face."

Well whatever makes you guys happy I guess... I play paintball on a regular basis (speed, woods, and scenario) and I have yet to see anyone use face paint or rub dirt on their face. Before you swear off paintball may-be you should try it again only with a different group.

Ditto. Why in the world are you rubbing dirt on your face?? There's going to be a mask over it anyway. And you can't tell me that camo won't help in many of the situations? I always like the guys that wear their "Sponsored" paintball jerseys: usually black or yellow, loud, obnoxious, with a $400 gun. My $100 wacks them just as nicely, and I don't pour out $50 worth of paint per game. Honestly, those guys with the trigger-happy paint guns should just go to Home Depot and pick up a few gallons, then slosh it over the field. It'd probably be cheaper and more accurate!

Back to the topic at hand, at least the AF cammies are going to be more "camo" than the Navy's new duds:
http://media.hamptonroads.com/images/news/2006/03mar/NewNavyUniform.jpg

#102140 - 08/09/07 06:04 PM Re: campFor you camo wearers... [Re: Chris Kavanaugh]
drahthaar Offline

Interesting. It looks like in the OP's link that the AF was presented with some innovative options and a much more distinctive digital camo and they vetoed most of the options and went with a camo pattern that is not really digital.

I thought the most interesting part was that there were going to be 237 size combinations. That seems like a logistical nightmare - as the link noted.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 251 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Explorer9, GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav
5368 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Corny Jokes
by wildman800
Today at 10:40 AM
People Are Not Paying Attention
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/19/24 07:49 PM
USCG rescue fishermen frm deserted island
by brandtb
04/17/24 11:35 PM
Silver
by brandtb
04/16/24 10:32 PM
EDC Reduction
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/16/24 03:13 PM
New York Earthquake
by chaosmagnet
04/09/24 12:27 PM
Bad review of a great backpack..
by Herman30
04/08/24 08:16 AM
Our adorable little earthquake
by Phaedrus
04/06/24 02:42 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.