Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#10221 - 10/29/02 04:50 PM Re: Survival Staff
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hello<br><br>I did'nt think of that.I guess you can do a lot with a wooden staff.Thanks for the information.

#10222 - 10/29/02 09:03 PM Re: Survival Staff
Schwert Offline
Old Hand

Loc: Seattle, Washington
Very well said Longbow. I still keep trying to to cross over to the tech side of staffs, but keep slipping back to the traditional. <br><br>I am quiet curious to see how both paramedicpete and wildernessman enjoy this ebay staff. Let us all know.

#10223 - 10/29/02 09:32 PM Re: Survival Staff
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yep, me too. I'm always interested in what folks think of their new gear.

#10224 - 10/30/02 03:21 AM Re: Survival Staff
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sure thing<br><br>I will let the whole forum know what I think of the Staff when I get it.

#10225 - 11/08/02 03:48 PM Re: Survival Staff
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey Everybody.My Survival Staff came in and I am going to tell everyone all about it just like I said I would.It is very light so your arm won't get tired.Let me tell you about the inside first.When you take the top cap off the first thing that falls out is a emergency blanket or shelter and it has a survival guide printed on it.The next thing is a little survival kit like the ones in survival knife handles.It has things like fishhooks,sinkers,line,band -aid,flint for fires,and some more stuff.And it has a compartment for water tablets,pills etc.<br>And the last thing is a storage tube to put trail mix ,nuts etc.<br>And now for the outside.Half of the staff is wrapped in rope and a little bit of the staff has twine on it.There is a bandana wrapped around it.I like it for the handle.A flashlight,back strap,swiss army knife,and a pouch full of survival idems.This is a great tool and I will not be in the woods without it.<br>

#10226 - 12/29/02 07:11 PM Re: Survival Staff
Anonymous
Unregistered

I am currently in the midst of constructing one myself.
my stick is a survival staff.
I constucted the staff out of 1 1/4 aluminum emt (pipe that electrictions use to run fire alarm wire.
it is 57 inches tall and has a rubber cane bumber on the bottom. inside the hollow space i have place acrylic tubes approx 8 inches in length and 1 inch in diameter.
each tube is filled with different survival items with one tube filled with survival food tablets.
on the outside of the staff i took an 8 x 10 foot piece of heavy poly (6 mil) and folded it to a 10"x10" and placed it inside a food storage bage and vacuum packed it. I the wrapped it around the top of the staff approx. 6 inches from the top and held it in place with ranger ricks ranger bands. then I wrapped approx 60 feet of 550 paracord around it to create a simple yet comfortable grip. on the top I place a 1 1/4 rubber cap that I epoxied a button compass. I then primed and pained the staff with a green and white flec type paint. I will post a couple of pictures of this staff and its contents as soon as i can get a chance. it was preety cool to make and is very effective in all situations.
good luck,
woodsman

#10227 - 12/30/02 04:23 AM Re: Survival Staff
Trusbx Offline
addict

Loc: Ed's Country
Where did you get the acrylic tubes from ?

Is there an online source?

#10228 - 12/30/02 06:41 PM Re: Survival Staff
Anonymous
Unregistered

If you are making a staff or walking stick and want it to be wood, and if you want it to have some use in a survival situation, but you don't want to have anything hanging off. You can drill a wide hole only a few inches down, put matches in there or fishing kit and when your done just fill the rest of the hole with candle wax. If there are matches in there they will be secure and waterproof.
Just thought someone could use this info.

Frank

#10229 - 12/31/02 03:59 PM Re: Survival Staff
NAro Offline
Addict

Schwert, I've used the monopod you linked to. While I found it most useful as a monopod for shooting, I don't like it for a walking staff in any critical conditions. My experience is that it will release and shorten if under significant pressure, or... you've twisted the fittings so tight that you might have trouble collapsing the stick for storage. And it is too frail for lateral support when fully extended.
Just my opinion.

#10230 - 12/31/02 04:16 PM Re: Survival Staff
Anonymous
Unregistered

The Crawford Survival Staff has a shooting rest that you can buy with it.It looks easy to make so you can put one on your walking stick.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 305 Guests and 20 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Explorer9, GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav
5368 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Corny Jokes
by wildman800
Yesterday at 10:40 AM
People Are Not Paying Attention
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/19/24 07:49 PM
USCG rescue fishermen frm deserted island
by brandtb
04/17/24 11:35 PM
Silver
by brandtb
04/16/24 10:32 PM
EDC Reduction
by Jeanette_Isabelle
04/16/24 03:13 PM
New York Earthquake
by chaosmagnet
04/09/24 12:27 PM
Bad review of a great backpack..
by Herman30
04/08/24 08:16 AM
Our adorable little earthquake
by Phaedrus
04/06/24 02:42 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.