bottom of the bag; urban edc

Posted by: teacher

bottom of the bag; urban edc - 10/20/19 07:53 PM

two things I've been putting in the bottom of my laptop bag lately;
a trash bag and a knit cap
Posted by: Phaedrus

Re: bottom of the bag; urban edc - 10/20/19 10:12 PM

Especially now that winter is in the air (well, in Montana at least, but it's never far here) I always have a cap and gloves along, usually more.
Posted by: Roarmeister

Re: bottom of the bag; urban edc - 10/21/19 06:17 PM

I've been toughing it out and building up my cold resistance like I do every year. For the drive to work and the 200 metres from the parking lot to the office, I don't wear a jacket and most of the time I wear short sleeves. At this time of year, I normally get all kinds of odd-ball comments from my co-workers who begin to dress up in winter gear right about now! It was -6°C this morning. That's getting down to my comfort level to go without a windbreaker. Tomorrow, I think I will start wearing gloves anyway even if I don't wear a jacket. smile

P.S. On Friday's there is always that one person - in this case a co-worker who wears his kilt to work all through winter. One proud Scottish guy. Let's just hope he doesn't go the traditional route and forget his underwear!

Re: bottom of the bag; urban edc - 05/07/20 10:49 PM

...added spare mask, sanitizer, extra cash and may add a small multitool.

Re: bottom of the bag; urban edc - 08/03/21 05:35 PM

I've started EDC'ing a spare battery for either my phone or laptop.
Posted by: pforeman

Urban forage - 08/26/22 03:22 PM

We've talked edible plants here before and how it is a good idea to know what you can forage in your area. With that in mind, I ran across this web site:
https://fallingfruit.org/

It is an interesting concept and may come in handy for some.
Posted by: Acropolis50

Re: bottom of the bag; urban edc - 10/01/22 03:30 AM

Teacher: sorry for the late response to your post. I own an IPone SE 2nd or 3rd Gen. (I’m not sure which at this moment.) I regard a spare battery as an EDC essential. I also want a screen protector and protective phne case. My solution is a BOPPS auxiliary battery phone case and a Zagg screen protector , with life of the phone free breakage replacement warranty for the purchaser.

The BOPPS CASE ( ~$30 ) is an Amazon Best Seller and adds about an 150% recharge capability. It is fairly lightweight and based on my own Chinese, I can attest that it and the ~$18 Zagg screen protector, together , have allowed my phone to survive, without damage , several +3’ falls onto ceramic tile floors and pavement. In my multiple experiences. , Zagg has been good to its warranty, making replacement very easy.

Usual disclaimers regarding my lack of connection to BOPPPS and Zagg.
Posted by: Ren

Re: bottom of the bag; urban edc - 10/01/22 11:51 AM

Have been carrying two BIC Maxi lighters* in a Noaks XS ziplock ( https://noaks.de ) for last two years. Partly as an experiment to see if the lighters remain fueled and functional through the bag's regular use.

* With a few tinder quiks to ensure they can't move around.

Posted by: Russ

Re: bottom of the bag; urban edc - 10/10/22 08:12 PM

Years back I found a Bic lighter on the lawn at a local park covered in early morning frost. I took it home, dried it off, warmed it up and it worked just fine. It lit with the first spark. I put that lighter in one of my kits; it still works.