Do you carry water every day?

Posted by: teacher

Do you carry water every day? - 06/20/19 07:51 PM

Either in a bag or in your car?
How and how much?
Posted by: hikermor

Re: Do you carry water every day? - 06/20/19 08:32 PM

I always have water handy. At least a liter in my pack and there are about five liters or so in my vehicle. If conditions warrant, those amounts are increased.

Old desert rat here.....Dehydration is a very unpleasant experience.
Posted by: Jeanette_Isabelle

Re: Do you carry water every day? - 06/20/19 08:48 PM

I always have an 8 oz bottle of water in my EDC bag. Also, I often carry a second 8 oz bottle of water.

The water in my bag is for emergency use. The bottle I carry is for regular use.

Jeanette Isabelle
Posted by: chaosmagnet

Re: Do you carry water every day? - 06/20/19 10:48 PM

Originally Posted By: teacher
Either in a bag or in your car?
How and how much?

In my bag, sometimes a bottle of various sizes.

In my car, not less than half a case of 16.9 oz bottles from Costco. When the case in my trunk goes down to half, I replace it.
Posted by: Jeanette_Isabelle

Re: Do you carry water every day? - 06/20/19 10:56 PM

When I lived in Dallas and had a car of my own, I kept a case of water from Sam's Club in my trunk.

Jeanette Isabelle
Posted by: acropolis5

Re: Do you carry water every day? - 06/21/19 01:39 AM

20 oz., SS , Klean Kanteen, , extended narrow neck, more or less sterilized with well boiled filtered tap water, emptied and refilled again with well boiled tap water. I change the water roughly every 1-2 months.

Para-cord lanyard so I can wrap it over my thumb and the back of my hand and hold it upside down. Useful to fend off aggressive “ critters”. Especially useful for first aid and as emergency drinking water.

Sits in my EDC backpack. Heavy but comforting. I use the single walled model, so I can also use it as an emergency cooking vessel.
Posted by: Phaedrus

Re: Do you carry water every day? - 06/21/19 04:30 AM

I live in Montana which complicates water. I dare not leave any in the car in the winter since it can get quite cold here. Generally if I'm leaving town I'll have a fair amount with me. In the spring and summer (outside of the times that freezing is a danger; hard to pinpoint since we got 3 hours of heavy snow today) I usually have at least two x 40oz SS bottles.
Posted by: M_a_x

Re: Do you carry water every day? - 06/21/19 02:18 PM

Minimum is a 1 l canteen in my backpack.
On motorcycle tours it usually is a 3 l bladder in my backpack (so I can drink while riding). On hot days it can be up to 5 l extra in canteens or Nalgene wide neck bottles.
Posted by: Roarmeister

Re: Do you carry water every day? - 06/24/19 06:20 PM

In my car I carry about 4-5 litres in bottled water in various cubby holes and somewhat less in the winter time. I tend to not keep water for too long in mid-winter as it becomes ice real quick. I often drink water to and from my journey to work and to construction sites.