Little SlideWinder multitool utility knife

Posted by: clearwater

Little SlideWinder multitool utility knife - 08/29/18 04:46 PM

https://www.knivesplus.com/outdoor-edge-slidewinder-swb-10c-utility-knife-multi-tool.html

Might be nice if the blade is held securely without wobble when out.

Anybody tried one?

Posted by: Jeanette_Isabelle

Re: Little SlideWinder multitool utility knife - 08/29/18 05:29 PM

The ones I used are different; I used sliding utility knives when I worked in the distribution center. The handle of most of them was uncomfortable.

Earlier this year I bought a folding utility knife that is comfortable in my hand and is small enough to fit in my pocket comfortably.

https://www.amazon.com/Husky-Folding-Sur...k+utility+knife

Disclaimer: I have no affiliation with Husky.

Jeanette Isabelle
Posted by: dougwalkabout

Re: Little SlideWinder multitool utility knife - 08/29/18 11:21 PM

Neat. Could be a handy little pocket buddy.

Or a stocking stuffer for the person who is always borrowing your stuff.

The strength and reliability of the locking mechanism is always a worry, esp. with a hammer grip. Failure means skinned knuckles, or stitches.
Posted by: gonewiththewind

Re: Little SlideWinder multitool utility knife - 08/30/18 12:07 AM

I have one on the way and will try it out to let you all know how it goes.

Re: Little SlideWinder multitool utility knife - 08/31/18 08:39 PM

The Little Sidewinder seems to be decently made. The screwdrivers and bottle opener are on the steel base and are strong enough. The default position of the blade is closed, and it is spring loaded to close. The blade will lock in the open position for use, and the little button on the "switch" will close it with a very little pressure. Replacing the blade will require a small Allen wrench to unscrew four screws to open the side. The pocket clip is also attached on the steel side, so it will be durable. The pocket clip is not reversible, however; only one position. It is light enough that you will barely notice it when clipped on a pocket.
Posted by: clearwater

Re: Little SlideWinder multitool utility knife - 08/31/18 10:12 PM

Thanks for the report. I thought you could change blades by pushing the button and holding?

Re: Little SlideWinder multitool utility knife - 09/01/18 01:37 PM

My mistake, you can do that Clearwater. Note: Always read the instructions first.
Posted by: chaosmagnet

Re: Little SlideWinder multitool utility knife - 09/04/18 12:18 PM

Nice, thank you.
Posted by: Russ

Re: Little SlideWinder multitool utility knife - 09/15/18 12:03 AM

Thanks for the recommendation. The Slidewinder is a nice easy carry — lightweight, very unobtrusive.