How to fix your Honda EU2000I Genny,or EU1000

Posted by: spuds

How to fix your Honda EU2000I Genny,or EU1000 - 10/31/12 06:49 AM

If you have this genny,and it surges or wont run without choke on,here is an excellent pictorial a guy did on how easy it is to fix.

Also pretty much may play into other genny's too.Apparently a LOT of gennies use this same carb.

http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/22602186.cfm
Posted by: PSM

Re: How to fix your Honda EU2000I Genny,or EU1000 - 11/27/12 01:17 AM

I'm a long time member of RV.net. A lot of good info there that can translate to long term survival use. Gennies, solar, propane appliances, etc.

As to the EU2000i, that carb cleaning is a piece of cake. I've got to replace my stater cord on mine and I have to take the WHOLE thing apart...including removing the fuel tank and the feet! eek
Posted by: spuds

Re: How to fix your Honda EU2000I Genny,or EU1000 - 11/27/12 06:05 PM

Originally Posted By: PSM
I'm a long time member of RV.net. A lot of good info there that can translate to long term survival use. Gennies, solar, propane appliances, etc.

As to the EU2000i, that carb cleaning is a piece of cake. I've got to replace my stater cord on mine and I have to take the WHOLE thing apart...including removing the fuel tank and the feet! eek

Very true.

YOUTUBE is also a fine resource for repairing about anything.

Good luck on your repair,some youtubes on tearing them down.

You must have used it a lot to wear out the cord,how many hours do you suppose?
Posted by: chaosmagnet

Re: How to fix your Honda EU2000I Genny,or EU1000 - 11/27/12 07:24 PM

That was awesome, I saved a PDF of that post. I never knew how to do that before (although after the small engine mechanic in town chewed me out, I now know how to prevent the need for it).
Posted by: PSM

Re: How to fix your Honda EU2000I Genny,or EU1000 - 11/28/12 05:20 PM

Originally Posted By: spuds

You must have used it a lot to wear out the cord,how many hours do you suppose?

I'm not sure, but it's a lot. I bought it in early 2008 when we started RVing and we camped (boondocking; dry camping) 9 days a month until Thanksgiving, 2011, when we moved here to AZ. In the summer it ran, using an extend range fuel tank, as much as 18 hours a day for the AC. Spring, Fall, and Winter, it was only used to run the micro/convect oven.

Still haven't changed the spark plug but do run Sea Foam through it occasionally.