Sign at a Canadian Building

Posted by: MartinFocazio

Sign at a Canadian Building - 03/30/10 12:51 AM

To translate for Americans: Strata is roughly like a homeowners association, with a sort of co-op ness to it.

This notice is from the managing entity that runs the housing facility (think medium sized apartment complex)

Posted by: scafool

Re: Sign at a Canadian Building - 03/30/10 01:12 AM

Beautiful BC.
They spell it out pretty clearly and it reads just like something a property manager I used to work with would have written.
Mike believed in repeating his main point often.

Condominium is another name for strata developments too.
With strata you own your own lot (or apartment) plus a share of the common areas.
Posted by: LED

Re: Sign at a Canadian Building - 03/30/10 07:22 AM

Way too much reality for american culture. I'm sure its against some law to tell people they're responsible for their own well-being.
Posted by: JBMat

Re: Sign at a Canadian Building - 03/30/10 10:21 AM

"I am on my own"??!!??

What, what, what?? I can't count on the government to immediately come to my aid, with cash handouts to replace all my belongings; to give me a place to sleep that's warm and dry; to feed me 3 meals a day; and inusre that my job will be there waiting for me... why do I pay taxes?? I am suing!!

If a homeowners association passed this out in the States, the people would pass out, then sue for emotional distress.

Kudos to the guys who did this.
Posted by: Glock-A-Roo

Re: Sign at a Canadian Building - 04/01/10 05:04 PM

That reminds me of a NPS sign I saw at a trailhead in Rocky Mountain National Park. It listed the common hazards, then it said "the mountains don't care".

Here's a variation of it from the Rocky Mountain Rescue Group.
Posted by: oldsoldier

Re: Sign at a Canadian Building - 04/01/10 05:10 PM

Glock, I recall someone telling me, YEARS ago, that "mother nature will punish stupidity, but is indifferent to the prepared". Or, something to that affect.
Posted by: MostlyHarmless

Re: Sign at a Canadian Building - 04/01/10 08:29 PM

Originally Posted By: Glock-A-Roo

Here's a variation of it from the Rocky Mountain Rescue Group.

Love that poster!

I've seen a quote to a similar effect: "There is no good or evil in nature. Just consequences.".