Was I dreaming?

Posted by: Susan

Was I dreaming? - 08/06/07 05:17 PM

Just a minute ago, I moved from Around the Campfire to Longterm Preparedness. The first topic was something like "Sheep, sheepdogs and wolves".

I clicked on it, but the next screen said there was a problem, and to use my Back button, which I did. Clicked on it again, with same response. Hit my Back button, and the topic had disappeared.

So I did a search in each of those sections for a year, 0 results.

The topic may have been posted by BillyM, but I'm not sure.

Was I imagining things?

Sue
Posted by: Frank2135

Re: Was I dreaming? - 08/06/07 05:20 PM

You aren't dreaming. I read it an hour or so ago and wanted to come back to it, and it had gone.

Too political?

Frank2135
Posted by: wildman800

Re: Was I dreaming? - 08/06/07 05:23 PM

You were NOT dreaming. I second Frank's comments!!! I didn't think it was that political,,,but maybe I don't use the same score cards as others....
Posted by: thseng

Re: Was I dreaming? - 08/06/07 05:23 PM

You're not dreaming. I only saw the first two posts, which were not over the top, but I could imagine that that there was a potential to go downhill quickly.

My guess is that one of the moderators sent it down the Memory Hole.

Now I just need you to look right here [flash]
Posted by: billym

Re: Was I dreaming? - 08/06/07 05:30 PM

Not my post. But I was wondering if the post was drifting into dangerous sh**ple territory.
I recall that word/phrase is not welcome here.
Maybe the Mods got to it?
Posted by: norad45

Re: Was I dreaming? - 08/06/07 05:33 PM

The same thing happened to a thread about a week ago whose subject line was something about "Hiroshima". When it happens with no explanation it can get kind of frustrating.
Posted by: el_diabl0

Re: Was I dreaming? - 08/06/07 05:54 PM

Ghosts in the electrons. I added some political comments to a thread a while ago and the entire thread went bye bye.
Posted by: Chris Kavanaugh

Re: Was I dreaming? - 08/06/07 06:51 PM

It wasn't me, but from the title it would have been. Once more, Doug has his rules. When you set up a website you get to do that.We try not to be humourless and sometimes Doug himself and the Mods can slip over the line. The website has an enviable reputation online and a worldwide audience. Some catchphrases or subjects, even if we personaly embrace their sentiments are by nature alienating. So they go away ASAP like my dirty laundry into the dishwasher when company drops in.
Posted by: Russ

Re: Was I dreaming? - 08/06/07 07:08 PM

Quote:
...like my dirty laundry into the dishwasher...
You wash your clothes in the dishwasher? smile But we get the point cool
Posted by: OldBaldGuy

Re: Was I dreaming? - 08/07/07 01:16 AM

Rats, I missed something again!!!
Posted by: ironraven

Re: Was I dreaming? - 08/07/07 01:21 AM

n/m, I was just being nasty
Posted by: MartinFocazio

Re: Was I dreaming? - 08/07/07 07:46 PM

No, you were not dreaming.
For some reason, despite the painfully clear information found here there are, every week, at least 3 posts that are purged because they have the word "sheep" "PHRASECENSOREDPOSTERSHOULDKNOWBETTER." or similar stuff in it.
This place is called EQUIPPED.ORG. It's about being EQUIPPED for SURVIVAL situations. It's not about how the situation came to be, who is responsible for how the situation came to be, what ethnic, religious or political group caused, prevented or incited the situation. It's not about anything other than the logistical planning for whatever scenarios you envision, but it's not for the discussion of your scenario beyond a point of reference.

Here's some examples:

GOOD POST:
How are people handling fuel storage in relatively small places? I'd like to have a 96 hour supply on hand, but am not sure how to figure out how much fuel I'll need.

BAD POST:
You know, when the SHTF, we'll have nobody but the republicrats to blame. I'm stocking up on fuel because I know the PHRASECENSOREDPOSTERSHOULDKNOWBETTER. will be totally freaked out when they can't fill their Hummers. We should have/should never have invaded somewhereistan. Well, i guess that the gun laws of America will be in my favor as I choose up sides in the coming battle between the red and blue states.

5 easy ways to tell your post will be deleted almost instantly:

1. The word "PHRASECENSOREDPOSTERSHOULDKNOWBETTER." appears in it.
2. You would not read it aloud to your co-workers
3. You mention gun laws with words that mean "dumb" or "smart"
4. The names of any candidate for president are used.
5. There's no mention of equipment in it.

So, I'll mention equipment. I have 2 new rescue harnesses. I like them.

Carry on.
Posted by: paramedicpete

Re: Was I dreaming? - 08/07/07 08:08 PM

Quote:
So, I'll mention equipment. I have 2 new rescue harnesses. I like them.

Please give some details here or in a new posting. I am always interested in what rescue harnesses people are using.

I have been using a CMC Pro class3 harness (separate – 2 piece- but intergraded seat and chest) for quite some time, but getting the chest harness on quickly without getting it twisted can be tricky.

Pete
Posted by: Susan

Re: Was I dreaming? - 08/08/07 01:59 AM

Okay, whatever it was about, I get the idea that it wasn't about real sheep, real sheepdogs or real wolves. In that case, I'm not interested, anyway.

At least I'm not seeing things that were never there.

(Sorry, Shilo, no pictures of lambies. False alarm.)

Sue
Posted by: Lee123

Re: Was I dreaming? - 08/08/07 02:09 AM

so could say I was thinking about keeping "Ovis aries" to extend my fuel supply as they reduce my lawn mowing? And in a pinch they would provide fresh meat long after my freezer thawed.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/history/grounds/images/sheeponthesouthlawn-398h.jpg

8^) think of them as wool covered mainstay bars!